1st Post-op appointment

Caffe

This afternoon is my first post-op appointment. I live in NJ and my surgeon is in Philadelphia, so today instead of driving I've decided to take the train in to the city and walk to the doctor. I have a choice of the first stop which is about six blocks from the doctor, or the second stop, which is 2 blocks away. I'm taking the first stop so I can get extra walking in! Plus it's a beautiful day outside, and walking through the historic area of Philadelphia is always beautiful.

Meanwhile, I'm excited about getting on the scale at the doctor's and finding out my "official" loss so far. I've never been so eager to step on a scale before!

Will update later this afternoon when I get home from the doctor.

Went great! Doc said everything is perfect & graduated me to pureed diet! He says at the rate I'm losing I should be down another 40 by the time I see him again in July. I'm so psyched!

I'm curious about driving to a post-op meeting a week after surgery. Mine is almost a 2 hour drive and I'm wondering if I will have the strength to do it or force my friend to drive me and spend hours (2 meetings in one) there twiddling her fingers.

Good job!! Its nice hearing positive things from a doctor too!! Keep up the great work, you are making great choices so far! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I had my 1 week post-op meeting today and just got home. I ended up with a lousy parking spot in the multi-level garage and ended up with about a 4 block walk to the medical office. Amazed that I did it and without a cane. Arthritis is still gone.

The surgeon claimed no credit for the Arthritis and was as surprised as me that it disappeared. Heck I'm not complained. I did have a nasty stiff neck pain that started that I commented on and the surgeon said that is was a side effect of the surgery while muscles tried to take over the strain. Told me to take a good dose of pain meds when I got home (yup it helped).

Passed with flying colors with the surgeon and the nutritionist and got a clean bill of health for another month. Life is good and I'm starting my new life.

Congratulations Milton!

I'm glad you're seeing so many positive changes - that's fantastic news.

p.s. You need to change your BMI! :D