MiladyB

Could this REALLY happen???

I posted here awhile back about a possible job interview, within an area Baraitric practice. My manager from the bariatric nursing floor had mentioned me to this practice, for a possible position. I was blown away when this practice contacted me last week. Today I had an interview for the Bariatric Program Coordinator, position. It will be a new position within this practice. The job is HUGE but it certainly is my dream job. It's a realitively small practice but they are beginning to take steps of becoming a Center of Excellence. Working toward that would be a LARGE part of my job, from day one. Right now I am the only person they are looking at, though they will have to open it up to the public. (rules of the organization) I'm scared to hope that this dream could become a reality but I am SO excitied about what might be.

Keep the positive thoughts and prayers coming. I'll let you know more when I know more. I was told it could be about a month before I hear back just because they really haven't started formally looking. Right now they are just kind of trying to get the job in place.

Good luck!!! WOW a month that's a long time to have to wait, but you've been waiting this long so what's another 30 days! :D

Good Luck!

Best of luck!...They'll be so lucky if they hire you!

Well, wooflippinghoo! (yeah, i know, I'm eloquent) That is fabulous news! It sounds like a great job and if it's right up your alley, bonus! :::fingers crossed::: for you

Good vibes being sent your way!!!

You've got extensive knowledge from both sides - I can't think of anyone better qualified Beth.

It's going to be a long month though.

You've got extensive knowledge from both sides - I can't think of anyone better qualified Beth.

It's going to be a long month though.

I couldnt agree more. Good luck! I hope you will hear good news and before a month too!

Everyone deserves to have a dream job at least once in their life. Best wishes and good luck to you in winning this spot. I think you are perfect for it!

Working as an HR manager, a month is not a very long time. From the company's standpoint it's not easy finding the right candidate. I think they must be as thrilled as you are.

Keeping you in my prayers :)

Thanks everyone!! I'm excited but don't want to get my hopes up too high.

I'm really ok with the month thing, it's really sooner than I even expected. This job is a new position. They JUST got the job description done and are still waiting approval for the salary and the job itself. This practice is part of a group that is owned by the hospital and because of the economy all new positions need to be approved by a commitee. I was assured that the job will be approved but just a lot of steps to go thru first.

I'm encouraged that my manager, on the bariatric unit supports me getting this position. She actually carries quite a bit of weight. My surgeon, who is the medical director of the bariatric unit also supports me. He was open to me using him as a reference, which means a lot to me.

This isn't the practice I dreamed I would work for one day but I do think this is the practice where I could have the greatest positive effect. My manager told me they need someone whose passion is bariatrics who can push this practice in a positive direction. She feels that is me.

Best of luck to you! I know you would be a perfect fit. :D

Best of luck to you! I know you would be a perfect fit. :D

Oh, thanks Kari, I really appreciate it. :D

Wonderful news and best wishes on whatever lies ahead! You would be great at the job and they would be fools not to hire you!

Congratulations! I will cross my fingers the 30 days flies & you get the job you've longed for!

How wonderful!! Wishing you all the luck in the workd! Keep us posted!

Thank you all for the vote of confidence! I really do appreciate it. I'll let you all know when I hear. Hopefully it won't be any longer than a month.

Beth - I just read a post that you shared a few years ago about OTC medicines - it was so informative. Then I saw this post. You would be great at this position. I know in my surgeons office the person who helps me the most is the Program Coordinator, she's had WLS years ago and can really understand what the patient is going through. Good luck!

WOW!!! Good luck to you on that!!!!! :D :D :D :D

I just read this, I am SO excited for you! know you are the front runner in this and will probably come out shining above all other applicants if they even take any others because you have wanted a job in this field and been working towards it for years. They know how committed you will be and you are very educated about weight loss surgery. I have a feeling they would have never contacted you if they didn't want you to have this job, considering they have to open it up to the public. Why would they contact you before they even have the job in place and ready to go? I am praying about this for you and I can't wait to hear when you get to start! :)

Edited by SweetSouthern

Beth - I just read a post that you shared a few years ago about OTC medicines - it was so informative. Then I saw this post. You would be great at this position. I know in my surgeons office the person who helps me the most is the Program Coordinator, she's had WLS years ago and can really understand what the patient is going through. Good luck!

Ohhhh, thank you SO much! I really appreciate your words of encouragement. I'm praying this practice sees it the same way you do.

Glad those old posts of mine are still being read. I've had some great educators on this journey!

I just read this, I am SO excited for you! know you are the front runner in this and will probably come out shining above all other applicants if they even take any others because you have wanted a job in this field and been working towards it for years. They know how committed you will be and you are very educated about weight loss surgery. I have a feeling they would have never contacted you if they didn't want you to have this job, considering they have to open it up to the public. Why would they contact you before they even have the job in place and ready to go? I am praying about this for you and I can't wait to hear when you get to start! :)

Trina, sweetheart thank you so much for your words of encouragement and support. I've been praying for doors to open for SO long. I honestly was beginning to give up hope. Never expected this door to come and slam me in the face. :P

It does mean a lot that they contacted me right away. The pratice manager who interviewed me said she wanted to talk to me right away since my manager had been the one to recommend me. She honestly was talking like I had the job but I've had my hopes crushed before so I don't want to get my hopes up too high.

I'll certainly let you know when I hear something.

It's so nice to have you back, sweetie!

There is no substitute for experience. You would be the success story of their dreams as you have been through it all. Best of luck to you. I have registered to go back to school myself. My degree will be in Biology/nutrition. I figure why not get a degree in it? I hope to work for a Bariatric Team, either at the hospital where my surgery was performed or somewhere else. Time for me to make a difference as well. Best of luck to you! I know you will be perfect for the job.

Crossing my fingers and saying some prayers :) A month is almost over!

There is no substitute for experience. You would be the success story of their dreams as you have been through it all. Best of luck to you. I have registered to go back to school myself. My degree will be in Biology/nutrition. I figure why not get a degree in it? I hope to work for a Bariatric Team, either at the hospital where my surgery was performed or somewhere else. Time for me to make a difference as well. Best of luck to you! I know you will be perfect for the job.

Thank you and best of luck to you! I give you a lot of credit, going back to school.

Still waiting to hear something. I did look to see if the job was posted yet and it wasn't. So it looks as if it is still going to be awhile.