I'm home

JLNoreen

Hey all, I'm back from the hospital! Overall the surgery went well. I had one complication--there was bleeding where the pouch was attached to the intestine, but a couple small metal clamps took care of that. I'm very tired still and quite sore. My pain meds---horrid stuff, tastes like rubbing alcohol smells--helps immensely. I'll update with weight loss when I know, as I went in about 248 and after the IV fluids and gas to expand my abdomen, I am 262. While the pain and sleepiness kinda suck (ok so the pain sucks a whole lot!), it feels great to be on the losers bench! :D:D

Welcome to the losers bench :D. Im glad you are doing well so far. I hope your recovery remains uncomplicated. Good luck!

Thanks Ali and Tabitha. Feeling a little better today, which is a trend I'm anticipating to continue.

I went in Mon at 340 and came out Weds almost 352. Today (Fri) I am at 341. I'm still so tired. Drinking is interfering with my napping!

Hang in there Jennifer! We'll heal together!

I went in Mon at 340 and came out Weds almost 352. Today (Fri) I am at 341. I'm still so tired. Drinking is interfering with my napping!

Hang in there Jennifer! We'll heal together!

I hear you! Drinking is totally messing with my nap time!! I'm going to weight in Monday and will update my weight then. Hope you're doing well! Here's to our healing!! :D

Welcome home!! Give yourself some time before rushing over to the scale. For me, it's a lot of added stress when there's added weight from the IVs, etc so I am going to do what I'm supposed to and worry about all that at my first post op appt. on the 19th. But I went thru all this to get healthy, not lose the most amount of weight first. My pain meds are really taking over, so I may not make much sense... I'll probably have to come back and edit at some point lol :) I hope you have a quick recovery!

yay!! glad to hear you are doing great! i had morphine through my IV, but when I had to take oral medication...eew!! thankfully I am done with that and am just on tylenol :)

Hey Serena and Trisha, I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I'm still in a bit of pain. I thought for sure I'd be done with the prescription pain meds by now, but I'm not. Time will get me there. For now, I'm sleepy (again!) so I think I'm gonna head to bed. Hope you're all doing well!