wannabahotmom

what is normal?

Hello, I had my surgery on 3/7/11 and I am almost at looking 50lbs it seems like I have been at the same weight for a week and I am not sure but is 48 lbs normal? I remember I think my Dr saying at around the 3 months whatever you lost by that point is half of what you probably loose total? Does this sound right? I am going to try really hard to loose 60lbs by 3 months so I total loss will be 120 lbs?? I just can't get that out of my head!

Hello, I had my surgery on 3/7/11 and I am almost at looking 50lbs it seems like I have been at the same weight for a week and I am not sure but is 48 lbs normal? I remember I think my Dr saying at around the 3 months whatever you lost by that point is half of what you probably loose total? Does this sound right? I am going to try really hard to loose 60lbs by 3 months so I total loss will be 120 lbs?? I just can't get that out of my head!

Hmm - Dr. LoMenzo didn't say that 3 month thing to me (nor Mary Beth/Noel/etc.) Everybody's different - I'm having my own set of issues - but (and I can check their guide tonight), I thought that the magic timeframe was the 6 months between the 3 month mark and the 9 month mark that did a clearer job of defining total overall weight loss.

Lee

okay, from the form "my follow up plan with average expected weight loss" which is page 34 of the manual that the folks at the weight loss clinic gave out (either Noel or Mary Beth, depending)...

at 3 months post surgery, your goal should be 40% of excess weight

every pound lost between the 3 month and 6 month visits equates to 3 pounds at the end of the year

at 6 months post surgery, your goal should be 60% of excess weight

at 12 months post surgery, your goal should be 75% and up, which they claim is the average for their program at UMaryland.

You lose an average of 5 to 15 more pounds between 12 and 18 months.

Lee