Rush of Anxiety!

JLNoreen

Surgery is Monday, May 2nd. I'm so ready and have been for some time now. But suddenly, it hit me how close I am! My life will change so much and I'm so excited for the changes, but also a little apprehensive I guess. I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring for over five years now (since I was pregnant with our youngest) and I can't wait to get it back on, along with my six-year anniversary ring (that I've never been able to wear!). I can't wait to be the fun Mommy again---the Mommy my oldest remembers who could run and play, walk the zoo without being winded, wanted to go swimming, and do all the family outtings we used to do. I can't wait to feel sexy and beautiful for my husband (and self) again---and to actually believe it when my husband says I am. I can't wait to wear my skinny clothes again and not have to recheck myself in the mirror a dozen times, knowing all along that regardless of what I change into, I won't look any better. I can't wait to wear heels again, to want to spend the time looking in the mirror long enough to do my hair and put on makeup. I can't wait to be smaller than my husband again and actually let him pull me onto his lap, instead of making up an excuse not to do so. I can't wait to be healthy and feel good again. I can't wait to get my life back and start living again, rather than just going through the motions to get through another day.

I feel the same way girl!! I'm going to put a before picture of me on the fridge thinking that will help me remember where I came from. I think it will help on those days of wanting to cheat. Good luck and keep us updated on how you do after surgery!

I'm taking my before pictures on Sunday and then will do monthly photos to compare. We're so close, girl! I will be sure to update once I'm home and well enough to do so and you do the same! I'm off to get my prescriptions as I just got the call the cleanse/prep is ready (oh joy!).