Preop diet

mommy23

Anyone else starting their preop diet this week? I start tomorrow and am strangely excited about it. I am sure that it is not going to be easy the first couple days but it will be so worth it at the end.

I start my pre-op diet April 23rd...day before Easter lol!! This will definitely be a challenge, but it will be worth it ;)

I'll find out tomorrow when my preop diet starts. I have my prep class then. Surgery 2 weeks from today!! Yeah!!

I start on april 30th but working my way up to it.

Good idea! It doesn't seem so overwhelming that way.

There are a few other things you can do to ease into the WLS programme too:

Kick the caffienated coffee into touch (best way for me was mixing regular and decaf, 3:1 then 1:1 - makes it easier).

Get into the swing of not drinking with your meals.

Practice putting your fork down between bites - and chew really well.

Up your fluids to the recommended minimum of 64oz.

Start walking as much as you can. Dr Oz stated that "A week of daily walking before your surgery can help you recover significantly faster after surgery". I know he was referring to his heart patients but this applies to anyone undergoing surgery.

I've kicked soda and upped the fluid. I am exercising sporadically but that is gonna have to change too. Caffeine down to one cup a day, and I am chew chew chewing. Teh drinking while I eat is hard but I am trying to remember!