Sign in to follow this  
mariainoceandise

Redo tummy tuck and breast lift?

Hello Dr.Gupta

I did everything a little backwards, I already had a tummy tuck, back lift with breast aug and implants.All within the last 7 ys. I have now had the lab band, November 2010. Do you think I will need to redo the tummy tuck and breast augmentation with implants again after I loose all my weight?

Hello Dr.Gupta

I did everything a little backwards, I already had a tummy tuck, back lift with breast aug and implants.All within the last 7 ys. I have now had the lab band, November 2010. Do you think I will need to redo the tummy tuck and breast augmentation with implants again after I loose all my weight?

Hello mariaoceanside,

It would really depend on how much weight you lose, how rapidly you lose it, and how your skin tone adjusts to the weight loss.

If you're lucky, you may not need anything done again after your weight loss.

The weight loss should not effect your implants, but you may develop some sagginess of the breast tissue and skin that would need another breast lift (mastopexy).

The same would go for your belly if you lose a lot of fat and are left with excess droopy skin. This would need to be re-tightened with another tummy tuck.

It's best to just wait and see how everything looks after you have reached your new weight plateau.

Sincerely,

Abhay Gupta, MD.