Sign in to follow this  
Elena T

my surgery scheduled for 20.04.2010

Hi everyone!

my Lap Band surgery scheduled for 20.04.2011, less than one week left.Today i have found your forum on google . Thanks god that i am not alone.

Wish me a good luck guys !

P.S has anyone done their bands in UAE? any comments?

Welcome to T-T Elana.

How are you feeling about your surgery next week?

Welcome to T-T Elana.

How are you feeling about your surgery next week?

Little scary( pardon my writting english , it is not my mother language).

The operation is going to be done in UAE, Dubai. Is anybody here who have done operation in this country?

The post -op diet is still not clear for me, now looking for the forum posts and trying to understand what can i use in my liquid diet.

welcome to forum Elena :) I had lapband 12/29/10 and am loving it. Best of luck on your journey. Every surgeon is different in terms of post op diet. I can tell you what mine was but it is likely different for you. 24hrs before and after surgery was clear liquids like broths, sf popsickles, crystal light and sf jello. 2nd day and for 1st week post op was liquids which were milk or protein shakes, sf pudding, greek yogurts. 2nd week was mushies like mashed potatoes although some here don't agree with them due to carbs it helped during this stage. 3rd week was purree and basically anything I could blend up I could eat. 4th week was soft like eggs and after that I gradually introduced solid foods and have tolerated most everything well.

best advice I have is to eat slow!!!!!! It hurts to have food stuck so chew well and wait between bites. Best of luck!!

Best of luck with your surgery. I am 2 weeks out. The first few days were rough, but now I feel better than I ever have. I am 13 lbs down!

You are about 5 months after surgury can you please share how much weight you have lost by now.

How was your experience with Dr Roger?