Monthly Support Group Great!!

Keba

This is a good idea to use this as a monthly support group. Im doing great so far! I have up my walking to 3 miles a day. I actually ran a little. I feel pretty good. I find that it is a good stress reliever. I was also able to fit a size 10 pants today so I was on cloud 9. I also had a different walk. It was one of the happiest times of my life and Im prepared to have more! Hope all is well with my December Losers!!! B)

This is a good idea to use this as a monthly support group. Im doing great so far! I have up my walking to 3 miles a day. I actually ran a little. I feel pretty good. I find that it is a good stress reliever. I was also able to fit a size 10 pants today so I was on cloud 9. I also had a different walk. It was one of the happiest times of my life and Im prepared to have more! Hope all is well with my December Losers!!! B)

Keba - I am so happy for you. Walking 3 miles a day - I don't walk 1/2 a mile. I guess I need to start, I could use the stress relief. A size 10 - WOW!! So great to hear this is a happy time for you. :D

Hi Keba & all other Dec 2010 sleevers! Thanks for the inspirational words, you're doing great! I was on several stalls from losing 90lbs in 2008-2009, gaining back 65 and then saying enough is enough and having the surgery. I know my metabolism is screwed up but walking a mile a day with my treadmill & Gazelle seems to be doing it. I truely am eating to live, not living to eat and I know it is my lifetime tool of help. xxx

quote name='Keba' timestamp='1302570725' post='720155']

• 2 weeks later...

I'm down to a normal BMI, I hoover between 168-172 lbs but usually the 168 is fasting. I haven't been to the gym in weeks (every time I want to go theres no parking spots left in the parking lot!) so I just finally gave up and switched gyms. Meeting with a trainer soon to try and work on my muscles, as I feel fat still but I know its not fat but rather mostly the skin so I want to fill it out.

I'm down to a normal BMI, I hoover between 168-172 lbs but usually the 168 is fasting. I haven't been to the gym in weeks (every time I want to go theres no parking spots left in the parking lot!) so I just finally gave up and switched gyms. Meeting with a trainer soon to try and work on my muscles, as I feel fat still but I know its not fat but rather mostly the skin so I want to fill it out.

You doing great!! Yeah this skin is a bummer!!!

I have yet to start exercising regularly. I'm using my painful heel spur as an excuse but I know there's other things besides walking I can do. I think my husband is going to get me some sessions with a personal trainer for my birthday. Hopefully, that will get the ball rolling.

On another note, I'm really sick of hearing from people "oh, I know someone who had that surgery...BUT THEY GAINED ALL THEIR WEIGHT BACK! Honestly, I do not need to hear about someone failing at this. Have any of you run into the same problem? It's kind of depressing.

I went and switched gyms last week from planet fitness to golds gym now that the golds in my area is actually affordable (They use to charge $50/m for a STUDENT rate!). I'm meeting with a trainer to go over stuff since its included for joining, then going to start going to the classes. Just seeing the list of classes included makes me feel more fit lol. Might try zumba on monday, definitely trying bodypump too.

I have yet to start exercising regularly. I'm using my painful heel spur as an excuse but I know there's other things besides walking I can do. I think my husband is going to get me some sessions with a personal trainer for my birthday. Hopefully, that will get the ball rolling.

On another note, I'm really sick of hearing from people "oh, I know someone who had that surgery...BUT THEY GAINED ALL THEIR WEIGHT BACK! Honestly, I do not need to hear about someone failing at this. Have any of you run into the same problem? It's kind of depressing.

I've been hearing that and "But now they're fatter than before". Then they tell me what the person lives on and I know why. So far the ones who gain it all back all drink tons of soda from what everyone has told me.

I just wanted to pop in and say hello to all of my December friends. I try to, but I don't post much.

I'm down about 68 pounds from my 12/08/2010 surgery, but I'm not doing everything I should be doing. I haven't gotten into the habit of exercise because I've been tired and I have been tired because of no exercise. The great thing is that I'm starting to feel better about myself, so now I'm actually *wanting* to start working out!

How is everyone else doing at this point in time?

It is depressing to hear of tales of failure, but I *need* to hear and to remember . Everyday my husband comes and sits beside me with his potato chips and salsa, and I'm seriously tempted by it so I have to replay the stories of failure over in my head. I know that if I allow myself to slip up once, then I'll do it again and again.

As far as working out goes, I'm not doing that either... but I found that music energizes me and helps to change my entire attitude.

It is depressing to hear of tales of failure, but I *need* to hear and to remember . Everyday my husband comes and sits beside me with his potato chips and salsa, and I'm seriously tempted by it so I have to replay the stories of failure over in my head. I know that if I allow myself to slip up once, then I'll do it again and again.

As far as working out goes, I'm not doing that either... but I found that music energizes me and helps to change my entire attitude.

Hi December sister,

Just a thought - when your husband is eating his chips and salsa - try parmesan chips. You can find the recipe here, with slightly varing times and temps. I use a cookie sheet, teaspoon of shredded parmesan or romano cheese, bake for 5 minutes at 400 degrees. Protein, calcium and taste good.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I had my 'assessment' at gold's gym where they help you figure out what kind of program you need. This includes entering your weight/fat/etc from the scale into a computer software and making a 3d version of yourself. The computer decided that I need to lose 1 lb. The guy laughed because he'd never seen it before.

Monday I went for my first personal training session. I bought 4 to get started on track, since they're expensive I'm hoping its enough for now. They had me doing chin ups and squats and a bunch of stuff laying on a mat, I could hardly move after. I feel like I'm off to a good start :)

How is everyone doing? I've been stalling, and stalling and stalling, and I feel like my active weight loss period is over. It's only been six months, how can that be? Is anyone else having problems with stalls at this point? I've been going from 176 to 174 back to 176 - and eating/drinking as I should so I'm really getting depressed about it.

Hi December sister,

Just a thought - when your husband is eating his chips and salsa - try parmesan chips. You can find the recipe here, with slightly varing times and temps. I use a cookie sheet, teaspoon of shredded parmesan or romano cheese, bake for 5 minutes at 400 degrees. Protein, calcium and taste good.

Good luck!

Ooh, thank you! I love Parmesan, so this sounds perfect!

I tried the Terra brand vegetable chips but despite the great seasoning, it was a little like eating leather.

How is everyone doing? I've been stalling, and stalling and stalling, and I feel like my active weight loss period is over. It's only been six months, how can that be? Is anyone else having problems with stalls at this point? I've been going from 176 to 174 back to 176 - and eating/drinking as I should so I'm really getting depressed about it.

I've stalled a couple of times, then for unknown reasons the weight loss resumes. I stalled for a couple of weeks after I was 60 pounds down, then lost another 10 pounds. I'm on another stall at the moment, but I'm going to doing what I'm supposed to and just not worry about it. From what I've been reading it happens to a lot of us.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be hitting 6 months on June 9th, lost 50 pounds, and quit losing. And on top of it all ~ last week, I fractured 2 bones in my ankle playing HOPSCOTCH with my great-niece. Now I can't even get out & walk off my depression...sucks. :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

I kind of dislike that Dr. Callery made this area of the forum and moved the support threads off of the main post-op board. Nobody checks here anymore!

I'm doing pretty well. I'm down to 163 now, so I've lost 82 pounds now. In 8 more days I'll be at my six month anniversary date. I was hoping to get to 90 pounds lost by then, but I doubt that's gonna happen ;)

I'm wearing a size 10/Medium - I'm even a Medium in junior sizes, which blows me away. I still have 34 pounds to lose to get to my goal, but overall I feel great. I still have days where I feel really, really fat, which is sort of insane and just shows you how much of this is in our heads.

I try to get in my exercise and some days are more successful than others. Now that I'm closer to goal, the pounds are definitely coming off slower and in order to keep losing I'm going to have to really kick that into gear.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Edited by SueM

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

I'd love to hear how more people are doing. I just hit 199 pounds. Which is down 101 pounds since surgery 6 1/2 months ago. 125 pounds overall. I am still losing but it is definately not coming off as quickly. I have been working out. I completed one triathlon in May and have two others scheduled for August and September. Overall i feel great. I will catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror every so often and be confused by my reflection. I still think of myself at 324 pounds so it's hard to contemplate the person I see in front of me. I'd like to lose about 40 more pounds.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

I'd love to hear how more people are doing. I just hit 199 pounds. Which is down 101 pounds since surgery 6 1/2 months ago. 125 pounds overall. I am still losing but it is definately not coming off as quickly. I have been working out. I completed one triathlon in May and have two others scheduled for August and September. Overall i feel great. I will catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror every so often and be confused by my reflection. I still think of myself at 324 pounds so it's hard to contemplate the person I see in front of me. I'd like to lose about 40 more pounds.

That's amazing! Congrats on getting under 200 and on completing a triathalon! I still hate running and could just never do it. Good for you!

I'm down to 156 now and have 21 more pounds to go to get to my goal of 135. I'm 6.5 months out. The weight comes off pretty slowly now and in odd patterns - I'll have a week where I lose a pound or so every day or every other day, another week where I lose two pounds, then two weeks when I lose NOTHING. I average around 8 pounds per month right now, which I guess comes out to two pounds per week, so I guess that's healthy and I'll take it! :>