List of what I may need pre-op

SerenaSlimmer

I got a message that some of us getting ready to have surgery may want the list I posted in another thread that was really long so here ya go :)

So far my list consists of:

vitamin samples @ celebratevitamins.com

protein samples (look for 100% whey isolate not concentrate/blend) @ celebratevitamins.com, vitalady.com, bariatricadvantage.com, chikenutrition.com, GNC,

food scale (not needed before surgery since it's liquids right after, but I went ahead and got it)

magic bullet or some kind of small blender

ear plugs (so I can try and sleep a little at hospital)

eye mask (not a need but something I want)

Biotin (started about a month ago to make hair as healthy as possible before surgery since it's already thin)

liquid Tylenol (available at walmart.com)

thermometer (can't find mine so I need to get another one)

low sodium soups to strain for liquid diets (the thought of drinking broth out of a can :eek: )

sugar free jello and puddings

sugar free popcicles

salad plates, cocktail fork and set of baby spoons (not a need, but will help me)

chapstick for while in hospital --have heard from several that it's a MUST

pillow for ride home

mirilax

Any other options that I should consider?

Edited by SerenaSlimmer

The only thing that comes to mind is slippers and a robe for walking the halls. I hate hospital socks and don't want too much rear end exposure.

Edited by mommy23

Miralax - constipation in the early days/weeks post-op is the norm. Be prepared! :lol:

No sugar added apple and grape juices. Just small bottles will do - our list said to dilute 50:50 with water. It made a welcome change.

Good idea with robe and slippers. I don't have either of those and don't plan getting either one before going in the hospital, though. The robe won't fit long and the socks don't seem to bother me so there's money saved there lol! Thanks for adding that in case someone else has those things and adds it to their list to take to the hospital.

Oh, wow, how could i forget to add mirilax to that list?? I've already gotten it, too lol. The juices I'll probably have my husband go get if I need it. Thanks for your input as well!

Edited by SerenaSlimmer

Thanks for this list!

As soon as it's official with the hospital (probably Monday) - I'll be having my surgery probably in the first two weeks of May.

MEEEEP.

Thanks for this list!

As soon as it's official with the hospital (probably Monday) - I'll be having my surgery probably in the first two weeks of May.

MEEEEP.

Wooo Hoooo!!!!! Excited for ya!

awesome list Serena

thank you!

I can't believe my surgery is less than 2 weeks away!! WOW! Talk about getting more and more nervous! But sooo ready!

I got a message that some of us getting ready to have surgery may want the list I posted in another thread that was really long so here ya go :)

So far my list consists of:

vitamin samples @ celebratevitamins.com

protein samples (look for 100% whey isolate not concentrate/blend) @ celebratevitamins.com, vitalady.com, bariatricadvantage.com, chikenutrition.com, GNC,

food scale (not needed before surgery since it's liquids right after, but I went ahead and got it)

magic bullet or some kind of small blender

ear plugs (so I can try and sleep a little at hospital)

eye mask (not a need but something I want)

Biotin (started about a month ago to make hair as healthy as possible before surgery since it's already thin)

liquid Tylenol (available at walmart.com)

thermometer (can't find mine so I need to get another one)

low sodium soups to strain for liquid diets (the thought of drinking broth out of a can :eek: )

sugar free jello and puddings

sugar free popcicles

salad plates, cocktail fork and set of baby spoons (not a need, but will help me)

chapstick for while in hospital --have heard from several that it's a MUST

pillow for ride home

mirilax

Any other options that I should consider?

Thank you for doing this. I know there are other lists but they are very long. This is a great list. I will be having my surgery in July (don't have a actual date yet).

Thank you for doing this. I know there are other lists but they are very long. This is a great list. I will be having my surgery in July (don't have a actual date yet).

I thought some of them were really long too. Mine could even be shortened a little, but these were things I thought I'd need. Glad I could help ya! Good luck with your surgery in July... use this time to do a lot of researching! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought some of them were really long too. Mine could even be shortened a little, but these were things I thought I'd need. Glad I could help ya! Good luck with your surgery in July... use this time to do a lot of researching! :)

Getting close now Serena...nervous yet? :D

Getting close now Serena...nervous yet? :D

oh yes, that's for sure!!!!!! only 3 more days!! Thanks for asking! :)

So excited for you Serena. Good luck and don't forget to let us know how your doing.

So excited for you Serena. Good luck and don't forget to let us know how your doing.

I definitely will!! Julie S on here is the one I'll text when I'm getting ready to go in for surgery and she said she'd keep everyone updated for me until I could get back online. Which I can almost promise won't be long since I'm so addicted to this site!! lol

I haven't found any salad plates that I have liked all that much yet so I haven't gotten those... and they can wait since I'll be on liquids for two weeks post op anyway... the eye mask hasn't been purchased so those two things I don't have... but everything else I have in time for surgery! Yay!! Only a few more days to go!

The only other things I can think of Gas-X strips and peppermint tea bags .... good for helping with post-op gas.

And what drinks have you lined up for post-op?

ahh gas x strips.. I guess I was thinking of mirilax but that's to help ya poop... hmmm I guess I'll need to get some of those. Thanks for the advice on the tea as well. As far as drinks go, I have many flavors of sf flavorings for water, no sugar added apple juice, many flavorings of jello and puddings to add to the protein drinks, anything else I need to add? Gotta go back to the store for the strips so might as well take a list with me or maybe my husband if I don't want to go...