AnnetteNJ

February 2011 Surgeries

yeah, my neck now has my muscles showing and my face is more oblong - my glasses make my head look like it is bigger with than without, so I am going to be getting contacts and a back-up pair in the next month or so...

Pre-surgery, it was all in my legs and bum, then it was my shoulders, then my face and now my belly is shrinking up more so than it had before

My wife calls me vain because I am looking into getting a wax job on my back and chest / stomach

I am going to the pool in 3 weeks and I am taking full advantage of this weight loss and not wearing a shirt this year while in the water...I need the hair gone, because honestly, I look like a gorilla with the hair there...

yeah, my neck now has my muscles showing and my face is more oblong - my glasses make my head look like it is bigger with than without, so I am going to be getting contacts and a back-up pair in the next month or so...

Pre-surgery, it was all in my legs and bum, then it was my shoulders, then my face and now my belly is shrinking up more so than it had before

My wife calls me vain because I am looking into getting a wax job on my back and chest / stomach

I am going to the pool in 3 weeks and I am taking full advantage of this weight loss and not wearing a shirt this year while in the water...I need the hair gone, because honestly, I look like a gorilla with the hair there...

Funny you say that about the hair...My husband is a hairy guy...I mean REALLY hairy and I LOVE IT funny huh? I would never let him wax or shave it lol

Has anyone noticed a big change in your facial features? The shape of my face is now so much more elogated and I have a neck!!! I also now have a waddle! Horrors!! It seems that different parts of my body take turns losing weight. Like three weeks ago my thighs decided to take a hike and my backside is saggy. This week it's my face. I wish the two body parts would have a good talking to my belly.

I'm telling all of you young people - male or female - moisturize!!! Nothing worse than OLD sagging skin.

I hear you. My under-chin and neck area are making me cringe. Wattle indeed, and wrinkles, a bit jowly in the cheeks, and OMG I look old. I'm not one of the young people, of course, but I have been very good about moisturizing all along. Fat (lol) lot of good it's done now. Hopefully this will tighten up a bit...

i am having the same issue about weight loss. before when i do dieting i lose more?? with the surgery my weight loss is slower ! !i am not sure why

i dont have time to exercise but i move alot in my work.. my food i try to keep in healthy food.. unhealthy food cause dumping

what do you think how can i speed my weight loss :)

missin u guys , i am so busy with work

i am having the same issue about weight loss. before when i do dieting i lose more?? with the surgery my weight loss is slower ! !i am not sure why

i dont have time to exercise but i move alot in my work.. my food i try to keep in healthy food.. unhealthy food cause dumping

what do you think how can i speed my weight loss :)

missin u guys , i am so busy with work

You and I had surgery the same week and I've also lost 33 lbs since then -- I was thinking it was great progress and not too shabby. :D I do realise it's slower than some others, but it's still pretty awesome.

I love reading everyone's posts. I feel so much better when everything that is happening, or not happening to my body is really pretty normal judging from everyone elses posts. i.e weird weight loss, slow weight loss and not really feeling hungry.

Understanding that men lose more than women initially and depending on how big you are to start impacts how much weight is lost overall, everyone will lose different amounts and it is not fair to compare yourself to someone else.

Tips:

stay hydrated - your body won't function correctly without your 64 oz (2L) of fluids each day

get your protein in - make it as lean as possible - chicken is good but fried chicken, not so much! - lower in fat the better!!

take your vitamins - make sure you are getting your vitamins in - B12 is VERY important as well - don't over look that little sublingual tab for aid in digestion and metabolism

get your exercise - it doesn't have to be in a gym but walking as much as possible is helpful to getting the weight off - also add some resistance or weights in - muscle toning helps increase metabolism!!

get your calories in - 1000 per day - need this to prevent starvation mode - your body will hold onto every calorie you consume if you don't get at least 1000 in a day

get your fats in - yeah, it doesn't equate to a lot but that 1 TBSP of fat per day helps the vitamins absorb and keeps your body happy overall

All basics but somethings we tend to forget - it is hard when you have to work all day to make time to eat that protein or to remember to keep drinking...but don't feel guilty!! Do you think the office smokers that get up for 15 minutes every hour or two feel guilty? At least you can work while you are snacking or drinking!!!!

HEY!!! I just stumbled upon this, I didn't know what happened to all of the February Staplers. How is everyone doing? So far so good for me, apart from stall after stall after stall! Honestly, it's become normal for me and I do my best to ignore the scale and hope to God for a drop the next day. I can't stop myself from weighing in everyday and as for diet, some days are better than other. I still have a hard time getting my fluids in as well as all my protein and to be completely honest somedays I'm not a 100% focussed on that goal. I often find myself giving myself a stern talking to but all in all I am making much better choices when it counts, so I'm not too hard on myself when I enjoy a snack a little too much, especially when the snack is cheese rather than a Kit Kat bar :P The weight loss hasn't been as rapid as I expected but I had to come to terms with the fact that it HAS to come off, I'm eating 800-1000 calories a day, how can it not, even models are concidered to be on an extreme low cal diet eating that much!! It's gotta go ... right??

Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well and feeling good, I'm so glad I found you guys!

Cheryl

went to the doctors this week my blood pressure was 100/80 she was concerned that is was low...this doesnt seem low to me? What does this mean? before surgery they where always concerned that it was too high hahahah stil STALLED its been what weeks now? Complet;ey freaked out because this is where my body always stops on diets...this is the point where I cant lose anymore...so scared thats what is happening hahahaha...

Just stick with what you're doing, you're for sure not done losing weight!! But stalls suck, I have one every other week it seems. :D

My blood pressure has gone way down too, but it's now normal not low. But I had low blood pressure for much of my life, it never seemed to alarm the doctors or anything. You do have to drink a lot of water (maybe more than they've told you) as that can help keep blood pressure up a bit.

Good luck -- I'm sure we'll see your stall-busting results any day now. :)

it is that top number that they are worried about being low...the bottom number is what they would consider borderline high

130/80 is the breaking point for me - after that, they wanted me on meds for it being high...now it is in the 120s / 60s - they like that for me

only two more pounds lost since what 6 weeks hahahaha I QUITE LOL if I dont get under 200 this week I swear im gonna have a breakdown...this stall has gone on way toooo long!!!! Anyone have any advice?

Chrystal, the only advice I have is to be patient!! If you are following the rules, it will move.

I went for my 3+ month check-up with my surgeon and also my PCP. The good news is that there is no BAD news. It's all GOOD news!!! Officially lost 50 pounds, officially off ALL of my diabetic meds (five of them), officially of Cholesterol meds and my blood pressure pill was cut in half!!!! I couldn't be more thrilled!!! It's so wonderful that there is a surgery that can "fix" diabetes!! Woo Hoo!!!

Chrystal, the only advice I have is to be patient!! If you are following the rules, it will move.

I went for my 3+ month check-up with my surgeon and also my PCP. The good news is that there is no BAD news. It's all GOOD news!!! Officially lost 50 pounds, officially off ALL of my diabetic meds (five of them), officially of Cholesterol meds and my blood pressure pill was cut in half!!!! I couldn't be more thrilled!!! It's so wonderful that there is a surgery that can "fix" diabetes!! Woo Hoo!!!

This is all just PURE AWESOME!!! Congrats to you, Annette -- you have done such a fab job of it. And I admire your patience, too, as I know you didn't have "instant" cures for anything. :)

Annette - great news!!

I too had my 3 month check-up on Friday with my non-surgical group I had to meet with...both the RN Prac and Nutritionist said I am doing so well that they don't need to see me until 1 yr post op - I am off the hook until after Feb 21 next year for them!!

YAY!!!

only two more pounds lost since what 6 weeks hahahaha I QUITE LOL if I dont get under 200 this week I swear im gonna have a breakdown...this stall has gone on way toooo long!!!! Anyone have any advice?

Someone told me to up my water intake. I did & in two days I lost 2 pounds. Try upping your water intake!

I did it I did it YIPEEEEEEEE Im joining the wonderland club TODAY HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!

I did it I did it YIPEEEEEEEE Im joining the wonderland club TODAY HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!

Chrystal, OH WHAT A FEELING!!! Congrats!

Edited by AnnetteNJ

Well, la-dee-da. I'm no longer obese. I'm just overweight!! Now if the goodness to gracious scale would just budge from 180.00 I can ease on down the road. For three days in a row, morning, noon and night, I get on the scale and I weigh exactly 180.00. How can that be? I would think it would flucuate .2 or .4 up or down. This is maddening!!

I don't have any summer clothes that fit and it's getting extremely warm. I think I'm just going to have to keep wearing the same pair of pants and top everyday. I go to the Salvation Army at least once a week and I thought that it was a waste of my gas (it's 40 minutes away) but today I asked how often they put "new" stuff out and the lady told me "each day they are supposed to put out 4,000!! pieces of clothing. So I guess it's worth the gas!

Is anyone else struggling with no clothes that fit? I've been this size for over 10 years. I have nothing to fall back on. Grrr! I'd rather be wearing baggy pants than too tight!!

Is anyone else struggling with no clothes that fit? I've been this size for over 10 years. I have nothing to fall back on. Grrr! I'd rather be wearing baggy pants than too tight!!

YES, I AM!!! Gah. No Salvation Army to drive to either. I'm sure there must be charity shops here, but I've yet to find one. :mellow:

Chrystal: CONGRATS!!

I ran out of clothes too. I haven't been this size in so long I no longer have clothes in the back closet. i got a couple pair of pants from my daughters "fat" clothes that I will be able to wear in about a week I hope. Right now i just look tacky wearing baggy clothes. But baggy is better than my old clothes that were 3 sizes bigger than I am right now.

Hello All, I had my 3.5 month check up last Friday. I have officially lost 53 lbs, my blood pressure is 116/72, my H1c is 5.6, cholesterol is 146. I feel great, I am no longer taking diabetic medication. Also, I met with the NUT today and she reminded me that the lower our weight the longer it will take us to lose the weight. She told me I may not lose it as fast anymore because I am considered 'lower' weight.

Overall I am very happy with the results. I just have to learn to stop comparing myself to others, we all lose at different rates and I think I am a little slow but overall good.

Congratulations to all my fellow February stapler for our success.

Hello All, I had my 3.5 month check up last Friday. I have officially lost 53 lbs, my blood pressure is 116/72, my H1c is 5.6, cholesterol is 146. I feel great, I am no longer taking diabetic medication. Also, I met with the NUT today and she reminded me that the lower our weight the longer it will take us to lose the weight. She told me I may not lose it as fast anymore because I am considered 'lower' weight.

I know your nut is correct and that's a bit scary to me. All I keep thinking is "am I doing everything I should be doing?" or has the weight loss slowed down because I started out at a lower weight? My first 53 pounds, like you, came flying off. Now I'm at a standstill for about a week. Still eating soft foods because that's what goes down the easiest. I have not been doing any formal exercise plan. I have been doing some very heavy gardening. I know that I need to firm up my upper arms and thighs but I don't think there's much I can do about the excess skin.

Congratulations on your success - it feels GREAT, doesn't it?

Annette, It feels wonderful. I've been exercising but I don't know how much that is helping with excess skin. I am just so happy to be losing the weight, even if it comes off slower.