AnnetteNJ

February 2011 Surgeries

John has "locked" our "February Staplers 2011" so I thought we could continue here. That is if anyone can find this. Hopefully everyone will search for "February" and this will come up. I don't think the "search engine" is working very well. I've tried on numerous occasions to find certain threads and can never find them.

So if you can find this, let's continue our "conversations" here. :rolleyes:<_<

Hmmm. Don't know why John didn't "lock" March Staplers.

This is news to me. I moved all the Monthly threads last night to their monthly forum. Let me look into it.

This is news to me. I moved all the Monthly threads last night to their monthly forum. Let me look into it.

Based on what I'm seeing, not locking the March thread was an oversight on his part. He'd discussed maybe locking long threads such as this but I didn't know it was a done deal.

What's wrong with long threads? We have some AWESOME threads here that are much longer than the monthly stapler ones. Are they causing some sort of technical problem?

What's wrong with long threads? We have some AWESOME threads here that are much longer than the monthly stapler ones. Are they causing some sort of technical problem?

I don't know. You'd have to pose that Q to John, I suppose.

I don't know. You'd have to pose that Q to John, I suppose.

Well I thought you were the sherriff round these parts. :D

It seems kind of arbitrary -- maybe he's cranky that me made all these special forums per month and we all just post in the one long thread. But it's awesome for each cohort to be able to follow things chronologically sometimes, rather than just by "issue" or topic. It's our STORY, KWIM?

Anyhoo. I'm just thinking aloud, not bossing specifically at you, Kel, or John. I have challenges keeping my opinion to myself. ;)

Well I thought you were the sherriff round these parts. :D

It seems kind of arbitrary -- maybe he's cranky that me made all these special forums per month and we all just post in the one long thread. But it's awesome for each cohort to be able to follow things chronologically sometimes, rather than just by "issue" or topic. It's our STORY, KWIM?

Anyhoo. I'm just thinking aloud, not bossing specifically at you, Kel, or John. I have challenges keeping my opinion to myself. ;)

Nah, I'm not the one that makes any of the decisions around here. I just do what I'm told.

Personally- I think it's well known how much I hate these monthly threads and wish they'd just go away (the threads- not the people!!). With the old search it was impossible finding info buried deep in the bowels of them, with this new search- that is only multiplied many ties over. There's more I can say why I think they are somewhat dangerous but I've said it all before and well, you know what they say about opinions.

There are still too many people who post only in a monthly thread and no where else.

Posting here so that I can find this thread in "My Content" going forward

But if anyone wants to keep up with what is going on with me, go to my story (link in my signature)

Stinks that we lost our thread BUT we will make this one just as long!!!

I agree that some people only post in the monthly threads and this will encourage movement into the rest of the TT World! However, that being said, I know that I see Feb Staplers all over TT. I will post here, but normally it's something I've also posted somewhere else as well.

I appreciate having the support of you all. This is the first place I went when I joined TT.

So, I'll see you all here and out there in the rest of the TT World too!!!

Today I have an interview for an office job in a Recovery Counseling Office. I'm sitting in their parking lot waiting now! 18 minutes, but nobody is here in the parking lot except me?!?!?

I'll update in a bit. :D

Edited by BonnieRose

Kel, when I was looking for the "February Staplers" I did a search just for the word "February" and didn't come up with anything. Not sure if I read you correctly but I'm finding it extremely difficult to find anything with the search feature. I searched for "stalls", 3 months out, etc. and get the word "month" in a thousand posts (ok I exagerate) Wish John would fix that.

Kel, when I was looking for the "February Staplers" I did a search just for the word "February" and didn't come up with anything. Not sure if I read you correctly but I'm finding it extremely difficult to find anything with the search feature. I searched for "stalls", 3 months out, etc. and get the word "month" in a thousand posts (ok I exagerate) Wish John would fix that.

You need to make sure you're searching the forums, and not the help folders or members.. the search function is very wonky and has a mind of it's own.

I am glad everyone moved over here. I was worried when I saw our thread was being cut.

I am glad everyone moved over here. I was worried when I saw our thread was being cut.

Sandy- I hope you'll venture out from under this thread, as well! There is a lot to say about getting out and meeting other people as well.

Bookmarking this thread.

Things are good. I've been extremely busy and don't have time to check in as often as I'd like. I'm down to ~250, and pretty much stalled there for a bit. I'm ok with that though, I mean I've lost 45lbs in 8weeks! I've got no complaints.

I'm a little worried because I seem to be able to tolerate everything I've tried so far. I have yet to try beef though. Hopefully my ability to tolerate sugars and carbs won't translate into a future struggle to maintain my weightloss. I guess I'll just have to prepare myself in case it does.

Later folks, glad to see we're all doing so well.

Well, it took me awhile to find the monthly forum, but I made it.

I do see the point of wanting people to venture outside the monthly thread, but I also like the companionship and "being in the same place on this journey" feeling of coming here, so now we have the best of both worlds.

I try to hit the milestones in my blog. My weight loss is definitely slowing down already, but I'm hoping that's just part of the cycle. I had a stricture fixed and now I'm worrying that he made it TOO big since I'm getting hungry now. I'm also having to really fight the desire for carbs, although mostly in the form of vegetables (sweet potato, split pea soup). I needed a vehicle for my tuna and laughing cow so I did get some kashi crackers to try today.

I love wasabi roasted edamame. I still hate the flaxseed oil, but it does seem to help keep me regular.

When they fixed the stricture, they found a small ulcer, which concerns me. I'll see them again on Monday and ask them about it then.

Wonderful to see you all.

I took me a while to find this thread but I am glad I did. I am not posting as much because of a lack of time but it's nice to see how all my fellow February Staplers are doing.

Im so frusterated Im now on my fourth stall its been 1 1.2 weeks...I actually gained 2 pounds My weight loss thus far has been great 43 pounds isnt anything to laugh at but out of all these week its been lost in only like 5 weeks the rest NOTHING BUT STALLS...I watch everything I put in my mouth with a fitness tracker on my phone, I eat my protein, drink my water etc, should I be taking a colon cleance or probiotic or something? I went through so much with this surgery I just am getting so discouraged, is any one else having this happen? I eat a 1000 calorie diet, drink only water and milk etc, get about 50-60 grams of protein in I dont know what else to do.....Ive on;y lost 11 pounds since my 6 week checkup ive been out for 12 weeks now seriously only 11 pounds in 6 weeks? thats not even 2 pounds a week SOMEONE HELP !!!!

I hear ya. In the past four weeks, I have lost and regained the same single kilo over and over and over again. Alas, I'm following all the rules, so I figure eventually it will move again. I am trying to not get obsessed or stressed about it. I mostly ignore it successfully, especially by staying off the scales. Good luck to you, I'm sure your scales will move again very soon, really.

So this must be the time that the February Staplers get frustrated. Today is exactly 3 months for me. It's the first time that I'm actually depressed and thinking that I made a mistake. I'm not enjoying eating. I'm still eating soft foods because other stuff makes me want to vomit. Food that I used to be able to eat now gets stuck, unless it's because I'm eating too fast or not chewing thoroughly. I can't drink cold liquids and now that the weather is warmer, that's what I crave. Each time I do, I end up spitting it up. My clothes are bigger, I'm fitting into Size 16's from the Salvation Army but this morning, I got on the scale and I didn't lose a pound since last week. (I only weigh on Monday's)

I know we are not supposed to compare ourselves to others BUT I see that alot of our group has lost 50-60 pounds since surgery and here I sit with only 40 pounds off. I'm guessing that it has a lot to do with my age also. And on top of all this, my blood sugars (the sole reason I did this surgery) have been sky-high!!!!! I did have a bad cough and a sinus infection last week but the numbers are ridiculously high - 170-260!!!!! I'm really in a slump and can't figure out how to get motivated to get out of it.

So Chrystal, I feel your pain.

I think I'll go for a walk.

{{{{Annette}}}}

Sorry to hear about the blood sugars -- hopefully that's temporary! I'm sure the stall is. I didn't realise you were having such a problem eating -- have you checked with your doctor about it? Are you getting enough calories?

So this must be the time that the February Staplers get frustrated. Today is exactly 3 months for me. It's the first time that I'm actually depressed and thinking that I made a mistake. I'm not enjoying eating. I'm still eating soft foods because other stuff makes me want to vomit. Food that I used to be able to eat now gets stuck, unless it's because I'm eating too fast or not chewing thoroughly. I can't drink cold liquids and now that the weather is warmer, that's what I crave. Each time I do, I end up spitting it up. My clothes are bigger, I'm fitting into Size 16's from the Salvation Army but this morning, I got on the scale and I didn't lose a pound since last week. (I only weigh on Monday's)

I know we are not supposed to compare ourselves to others BUT I see that alot of our group has lost 50-60 pounds since surgery and here I sit with only 40 pounds off. I'm guessing that it has a lot to do with my age also. And on top of all this, my blood sugars (the sole reason I did this surgery) have been sky-high!!!!! I did have a bad cough and a sinus infection last week but the numbers are ridiculously high - 170-260!!!!! I'm really in a slump and can't figure out how to get motivated to get out of it.

So Chrystal, I feel your pain.

I think I'll go for a walk.

I am right there with you guys. I have lost 40 lbs. total but 30 were in the first month and only 10 this month. I am not complaining but thought I would keep up the 30 a month for a couple of months. Wishful thinking I guess. I did have fun buying some clothes from the Misses size section instead of the Women's limited selection. I figure we just have to keep hanging in there and the weight will come off eventually.

Annette, I hear you on the food thing. Because I am feeling "normal" again, the food thing isn't on my mind. I didn't eat healthy when I didn't have a restrictive digestive system and I tend to fall back in the old habits a little.

But instead of having that BIG meal at the end of the day like I did in the past, I just am not eating.

I am BORED of food - who would have ever thought a former 500 lb guy would have said that!?!

It seems like it is the same things over an over and me and my wife still aren't on the same page when it comes to preparing and eating meals. She buys stuff like it is both of us eating normal still and I make her take it to work like 2lbs of strawberries and 1 lb of fresh green beans when she goes to Costco.

Aside from having my protein shakes 2-3 times a day, I don't look forward to anything else (I guess that is a bonus) but I also am not hungry and I have to tell myself to go find something to eat. Most of my protein is coming in liquid form but that is because a lot of different foods give me discomfort as well. Hamburger with no bun and some ketchup on Saturday from Five Guys sat absolutely fine - hamburger @ lunch yesterday (1/3 of it) made me nauseous and didn't subside until it came up...Papaya enzyme helps on the iffy feelings but not on the stuff that blocks the passage.

I really think it is more passage blocking than it is not sitting well.

Burps are still there...I can't be swallowing that much air still, right?

Hang in there...things will get better!!

Well the scale moved enough for me to get the 3 pounds off I gained UGGGGHHHHH :-) Hopefully it will cintinue to move now!!! What a rut I actually looked in my fitness tracker and i acyually have not lost anything since 4/13 WOW no wonder Im ready to eat all the darn easter candy in this house hahahaha

Has anyone noticed a big change in your facial features? The shape of my face is now so much more elogated and I have a neck!!! I also now have a waddle! Horrors!! It seems that different parts of my body take turns losing weight. Like three weeks ago my thighs decided to take a hike and my backside is saggy. This week it's my face. I wish the two body parts would have a good talking to my belly.

I'm telling all of you young people - male or female - moisturize!!! Nothing worse than OLD sagging skin.