kdsmiles

March Post Op'ers

Hello, it's Kelly ;)

Is this where I post this to meet other March post op'ers? If so, how are you doing? How ar eyou feeling? Eating? Exercise?

Hello, it's Kelly ;)

Is this where I post this to meet other March post op'ers? If so, how are you doing? How ar eyou feeling? Eating? Exercise?

Hi Kelly. I don't know if it's been completely established. This support group forum is farily new. You can post here or try posting under the March 2011 Post op thread....You can also respond in the March 20011 Pre thread if they haveing moved it yet.

As for me, I am doing okay, at times. Today was a horrible one...but tomorrow will be better. I haven't been approved to officially exercise yet, but it's coming in 2 weeks.

Hello,

I'm a March post-op as well. I'm doing just fine. I've been sipping on cream of mushroom soup (with added water), some refried beans at times but mostly soup. I seem to get my protein in, but I need to get more water in. I get about 32 ounces of water but I guess I can add some of my liquid soup for my liquid intake. I'm told that tomorrow I can have mash potatoes, eggs & pureed meat.

I'm thrilled by the eggs & mash potatoes but not the pureed meat.

What are you all eating?

hey everyone :)

I'm doing pretty good.. FRUSTRATED as heck to have already stalled.. but am hoping to see some loss in the next few days.

So far, I've eaten scrambled eggs, tilapia, ricotta cheese baked with some sauce on it, yogurt.

There is a March Post-Op'ers thread:

I'm down 30lbs as of this morning. Now on to my first month that includes exercise....

I'm doing pretty well...been pushing a bit on the eating and done okay with (really well chewed and moist) chicken. Will be four weeks tomorrow and am down 28 lbs...been stalled the last several days and just saw the scale move today, finally! Also found calcium I could "stomach" both taste wise and nausea wise...Calcet Chocolates...plus they totally satisfy my sweet craving at work at that 3pm time frame so it's a win win! Bought it though Celebration along with a better multi with iron. I'm less tired since I've been taking it. I've been walking for about an hour several times in the past week and a half.

In my sample pack from Celebrate I tried the lemon ones. Delish. However they seem to be out of stock. Not sure why.

What do the chocolate ones remind you of? I really need to get some calcium citrate.

I hate food today. Nothing that I can eat is appealing right now. It is very frustrating. :( And probably means the surgery is a success.

In my sample pack from Celebrate I tried the lemon ones. Delish. However they seem to be out of stock. Not sure why.

What do the chocolate ones remind you of? I really need to get some calcium citrate.

I hate food today. Nothing that I can eat is appealing right now. It is very frustrating. :( And probably means the surgery is a success.

The chocolate ones are a cross between a brownie and fudge and just as yummy as the lemon ones, IMHO. I keep mine in the fridge cuz they taste sooo yummy cold!

Honestly like slightly dry ding dongs without the filling...they are very yummy. I found a lemon sample my NP gave me so I'm going to try that...I've also heard they are great if stored in the fridge!

note to self...read all postings before responding so I don't sound like a dork!

Edited by madrigal_singer

I got a lemon, raspberry and chocolate one in my sample pack. I love them all!! They do act as a sweet craving replacement.

But I once read where Cinwa uses a calcium citrate powder to sprinkle in stuff if you want to get it that way. So I went to Drugstore.com and bought NOW brand Calcium Citrate powder. 1 1/2 teasp equals 700mg calcium. But I am still trying to figure what I am supposed to be taking other than my multi vitamin and B12, so I havent really used much calcium or any iron yet.

Does anyone have iron suggestions?

Is anybody else dealing with repeat episodes of constipation and what are you doing to deal with it?

Oh yes, fun isn't it? I've reverted to a pregnancy solution, 500 mg of magnesium a day (its the same dosage as milk of magnesium, but cheaper)...it's helped. So will getting in more water, which isn't the easiest...thats for sure.

Any other suggestions?

If you look around on the forum, you'll find that it is a very common problem with many, many posts dealing with constipation issues.

Miralax- only way to go, according to my gastro doctor (was hospitalized three times last year due to 'poo' so he has me on daily dosing of the stuff.. up to three doses a day). Cheapest I've found is the Costco brand.

I bought some Miralax but I can't stomach the gritty taste. I usually just drink some Maalox and that works. I had a stall the third week. I went a week losing and gaining the same 3 lbs. I thought I would be the one who did not lose. The the fourth week I started losing again. I guess we expect it to all come off immediately. I know I did.

I can't tolerate much meat. It all gets stuck. I get some nausea and vomit occasionally. I ate a tsp. of peanut butter and had dumping and it was horrible. I am really careful what I eat. At first when I drank too much my pouch would let me know. Now I can drink quite a bit more and it does not bother me. I also take a lot of my vitmains in pills and i am able to swallow with out any problems. Should I be able to drink this much without any problems.

I can take liquid and my pills without problems too...I think that's normal once the swelling in your stomach goes down. I've been lucky (?) to have no adverse reactions to anything except some high fat chicken salad I had which made my nauseated...it was really uncomfortable and I'm assuming it was the fat so I've been much more careful about fat sources since.

I bought some Miralax but I can't stomach the gritty taste. I usually just drink some Maalox and that works. I had a stall the third week. I went a week losing and gaining the same 3 lbs. I thought I would be the one who did not lose. The the fourth week I started losing again. I guess we expect it to all come off immediately. I know I did.

I can't tolerate much meat. It all gets stuck. I get some nausea and vomit occasionally. I ate a tsp. of peanut butter and had dumping and it was horrible. I am really careful what I eat. At first when I drank too much my pouch would let me know. Now I can drink quite a bit more and it does not bother me. I also take a lot of my vitmains in pills and i am able to swallow with out any problems. Should I be able to drink this much without any problems.

That's odd... I've never had any grit at all with the miralax! Maalox can be hard on the tummy but if it works, better than nothing. As for drinking.. it's fine.. water sort of flows through without too much of a problem.

I've got shares in Miralax too - I've never known it have a gritty taste.

But you can add it to any liquid - Crystal Light etc. - I have a couple of friends who add it to their protein shakes.

I've got shares in Miralax too - I've never known it have a gritty taste.

But you can add it to any liquid - Crystal Light etc. - I have a couple of friends who add it to their protein shakes.

I do find it takes a bit longer of a stir to mix it with drinks with ice..but still mixes well. And yep, I add mine to protein shakes, hot and cold coffee, etc etc. pretty much anything except plain water but that is more because plain water hurts my pouch, even still.

I am doing allright, my gastric was 3/8, Im down 40 lbs, getting my water in, still struggling with all my vitamins and protein. I vomit a lot. Not like it rattles my whole body, gets gets salty in my mouth and I need to spit. My surgeon says that I am on track. I do suffer with the constipation problem as well and it has made me develop some other less then desirable issues with bm, but oh well, it is what it is. I am having some emotional bouts here and there too. Overall, I am very happy with my decision and I hope everyone else is too!! Miss my march staplers!!

I suffer from the constipation issue as weel. My doctor told me to expect it but I had no idea to this extent.

My DOS was 3/29/11 and the last time I weighed myself which was on 4/23/11 I was down 27 pounds. I had a stall at three weeks. It seems to be a common issue. My doctor and many TT members advised me to put the scale away.

I have a hard time getting in all of my liquids. My pouch lets me know when it's had enough. I have been pretty fortunate and have not had any issues with food.

Today is my four week surgi-versary. My energy level is getting better each day. I head back to work next week so it better speed up!