Makowa

April 2011 Sleeve Surgeries

Okay all, I know there was another similar thread started, but I thought that I would start an official April 2011 Sleeve Surgeries Topic. Anyway, I FINALLY got a date for surgery. I was hoping for March, but April 5th isn't too far past. So here I go! 1 more week of eating normally (whatever that means), and then on to the 2 week liquid diet.

Finally I feel like this may actually begin to happen. Anybody else thinking that they may be an April Sleever?

My pre op is 3/29/11 and surgery is 4/8/11. I've lost the 15lbs that the Dr. asked me to do before surgery, not sure if I will have to go on any liquid or special diet the week before surgery, guess I'll find out next week when I go.

My pre op is 3/29/11 and surgery is 4/8/11. I've lost the 15lbs that the Dr. asked me to do before surgery, not sure if I will have to go on any liquid or special diet the week before surgery, guess I'll find out next week when I go.

Yeah Sunshine! I am on day 3 of liquid diet. It isn't too bad. Although I realized yesterday that I am not thinking as clearly as usual, and seem sometimes as if in a fog. But only 13 days till surgery...

This is my first post I am pretty sure, I am scheduled for my surgery April 13th. I have been on pre-op diet for 3 weeks or so, I was doing great and then stated thinking man, I want to eat this, and that, and broke off of it a few times. I have lost 20+ pounds though. I am 6'3 460 as of today. I was down to 457 or so... lol

I am getting nervous now and upset at myself for not really trying to lose weight on my own while I want through a year+ of appointments and insurance requirements. I am 33 years old, and I know I could do it, bu tI know it would be very very difficult. I wish I would have been on this forum a long time ago. Wish me luck,

This is my first post I am pretty sure, I am scheduled for my surgery April 13th. I have been on pre-op diet for 3 weeks or so, I was doing great and then stated thinking man, I want to eat this, and that, and broke off of it a few times. I have lost 20+ pounds though. I am 6'3 460 as of today. I was down to 457 or so... lol

I am getting nervous now and upset at myself for not really trying to lose weight on my own while I want through a year+ of appointments and insurance requirements. I am 33 years old, and I know I could do it, bu tI know it would be very very difficult. I wish I would have been on this forum a long time ago. Wish me luck,

Good luck, bIIGGmIKe23--my surgery is in the am, I am nervous as hell.

Edited by fimmie

Alright, I am back home now...

I have no pains, but my body is definitely confused with what is going on. I am currently trying to eat breakfast (1/4 cup of greek yoghurt w/some protein powder mixed in). It takes a while, which is good, since I have been told that I should take 30 minutes to eat a meal. It is hard not to drink while eating though. Just a habit to break. :)

So, I had my surgery on Tuesday at Noon. Everything went extremely well, with no complications during surgery. Woke up in recovery, and got wheeled into my room where my wife was waiting for me. I was instantly allowed ice chips, which helped with the dry thoat and such. After a few hours, I asked if I could get up and walk around. Nurses came and had to disconnect me from a ton of different wires and such, but got up and was able to walk without any problems. I had stomach pains, but couldn't pin point where they were from. I am guessing it was gas pain, but who knows, it was all over. I tried several more times that evening to walk around, and didn't have any problems, except the pain. They gave me more pain meds (a shot of something, don't remember what), and the pain would go away, and I would fall asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling like I needed to burp, but didn't try to hard. So called the nurse, got disconnected and walked a few more laps around. When I got back to bed, I tried to burp, and just threw up instead. Luckily I had a spit container next to me. Tried to sleep some more, but was difficult.

The next morning, I got up an walked around again, still having the same pain (gas or something), I was promoted to full liquids that morning, so I tried to eat some cream of wheat. I only got down a couple of small bites, and that all came up again. All through out this, I was sipping ice, and water, but that didn't seem to make me sick. I was sent down, and had my upper GI. Everything went well there. I went back up to my room, and asked for some pain meds, and the minute that they injected it into my system, I threw up again. So, the surgeon had them give me finnigan (sp?) to help with the nausea. That helped, but boy was I loopy. After they gave me that, the surgeon and the nutritionist came to visit. The surgeon was going to let me go home that day, but because of the nausea, decided that I should stay another night. I was fine with that idea. I don't remember a lot of that conversation, but I do know he said everything looks just fine. I slept for a few more hours, woke up early afternoon, and felt a lot better. Went walking around, played cards with my mother, and was generally doing pretty good. I was even able to eat some cream of mushroom soup for dinner. That night, I took some liquid lortab (oxycodone?) instead of what they were injecting me with earlier, and fell asleep with not issues. Woke up several hours later, took a few laps around, and went back to bed. Slept till 5 am, when they came to take my vitals. Took a couple of more laps, had a sharp pain in my side, took some more lortab, and slept for a few more hours.

This time when I woke up, I felt awesome. I got up and walked all over the floor of the hospital that I was on. I finally passed gas. It wasn't a whole lot, but it meant good things to me! The nurse asked if I wanted to take a shower (of course!), so she disconnected me from the iv bag, and the heart monitors, and off to the showers I went. It felt really good to be clean. They kept threatening me to hook me back up to the iv bag, so I just wondered around the hospital instead. If they can't find me, they can't hook me up, right? I asked when I could be discharged, and they contacted the surgeon. He was not able to come over and look, but said that if I wanted to go home, then release me. So finally at 1 pm on Thursday, I got to go home.

I am really still trying to figure out my sleeve at this point. I have a lot of gurgling noises, and abdominal feelings, but don't know what they all mean. Last night I tried to make pudding with protein powder in it, and it came out terrible, so then I mad some cream of rice. I ate that, but it may have been too thick, because it felt like I was really really full, even after 3 hours of eating it. It was hard drinking any liquids, because I felt so full. So I took some milk of magnesia. (Although I am still wondering what a magnesia is, and how one would milk it) And that seemed to get stuff moving around. I slept great last night in my own bed, and here I am this morning.

I am now finished with breakfast, and now I think I will go for a walk around the neighborhood. Still have weird abdominal feelings, but hopefully that will go away, or at least I willl understand what it all means. Today is Friday, which is scale day, so before I take my shower, I will see how much I weigh on my own scale.

Hope I didn't bore all of you too much, but felt like writing it down. Have fun!

Good luck, bIIGGmIKe23--my surgery is in the am, I am nervous as hell.

Good luck Fimmie!

Okay all, I know there was another similar thread started, but I thought that I would start an official April 2011 Sleeve Surgeries Topic. Anyway, I FINALLY got a date for surgery. I was hoping for March, but April 5th isn't too far past. So here I go! 1 more week of eating normally (whatever that means), and then on to the 2 week liquid diet.

Finally I feel like this may actually begin to happen. Anybody else thinking that they may be an April Sleever?

Hi! Makowa. My sleeve surgery is scheduled for April 25. I have been doing good. My surgery was scheduled over a month out, so I started watching what I ate and was doing pretty good. Lost about 8 pounds. But then a visitor came to stay with us with her three kids, and my house has been turned into chaos. She keeps bringing home lots of food, food that we aren't even going to eat. I think that she thinks she is contributing and helping us by doing this, but I really wish she would stop because she is just bringing "junk" into the house like chips, donuts, bagels, and things that she picks up from the shelter. She brought five jars of pickels and a huge can of tomatoes--just odd stuff and keeps putting it in my kitchen until my kitchen is so junked up with stuff, we can't even cook or make things there. We don't need or want those things, but we don't want to hurt her feelings. Her "exit" date has been extended almost to the time I am going in for surgery, and I didn't want anyone to know about my surgery and was really looking forward to the last week to clean my house and prepare mentally, emotionally, and physically for this and feel bad because I feel like I am being robbed of that time, yet feel very selfish because my friend really needed a place to stay. I just wanted my private time before surgery, and am not getting it. Plus, the extra stress is causing me to eat and not have control over my eating, which also gets me mad because I thought I had things under conrol, and have learned that I still don't have my issues under control. My husband keeps reminding me that if I don't fix the head thing, the surgery isn't going to matter. I feel angry and depressed today, and feel like the 25th is never going to get here.

I have my first group session scheduled for Monday, so maybe that will help me get motivated. My 2nd dietician appointment is scheduled for Tuesday, and I think I will be on total liquids then. This is really going to be a challenge.

It is nice to hear about someone else on the same surgery journey that I can share with. Keeping this surgery to myself is hard, because you don't have anyone to share the "ups and downs" with. Just having someone to talk to with the "good and the bad and the ugly"; somewhere where I can really be truthful about my feelings and not feeling like I have to put on a masque and pretend that everything is sugary sweet; somewhere where I can vent my frustrations--is very welcome to have the space. Thank you for allowing me to express what I am feeling.

Brazilbabe

Hi! Makowa. My sleeve surgery is scheduled for April 25. I have been doing good. My surgery was scheduled over a month out, so I started watching what I ate and was doing pretty good. Lost about 8 pounds. But then a visitor came to stay with us with her three kids, and my house has been turned into chaos. She keeps bringing home lots of food, food that we aren't even going to eat. I think that she thinks she is contributing and helping us by doing this, but I really wish she would stop because she is just bringing "junk" into the house like chips, donuts, bagels, and things that she picks up from the shelter. She brought five jars of pickels and a huge can of tomatoes--just odd stuff and keeps putting it in my kitchen until my kitchen is so junked up with stuff, we can't even cook or make things there. We don't need or want those things, but we don't want to hurt her feelings. Her "exit" date has been extended almost to the time I am going in for surgery, and I didn't want anyone to know about my surgery and was really looking forward to the last week to clean my house and prepare mentally, emotionally, and physically for this and feel bad because I feel like I am being robbed of that time, yet feel very selfish because my friend really needed a place to stay. I just wanted my private time before surgery, and am not getting it. Plus, the extra stress is causing me to eat and not have control over my eating, which also gets me mad because I thought I had things under conrol, and have learned that I still don't have my issues under control. My husband keeps reminding me that if I don't fix the head thing, the surgery isn't going to matter. I feel angry and depressed today, and feel like the 25th is never going to get here.

I have my first group session scheduled for Monday, so maybe that will help me get motivated. My 2nd dietician appointment is scheduled for Tuesday, and I think I will be on total liquids then. This is really going to be a challenge.

It is nice to hear about someone else on the same surgery journey that I can share with. Keeping this surgery to myself is hard, because you don't have anyone to share the "ups and downs" with. Just having someone to talk to with the "good and the bad and the ugly"; somewhere where I can really be truthful about my feelings and not feeling like I have to put on a masque and pretend that everything is sugary sweet; somewhere where I can vent my frustrations--is very welcome to have the space. Thank you for allowing me to express what I am feeling.

Brazilbabe

Brazilbabe, I completely understand that you need to vent. That is what this forum is for. I am sorry to hear about your visitors. I know you are doing a kind thing, but I can understand you not wanting to do it anymore. I also did not want to tell a whole lot of people what that I had the surgery, which is completely opposite of how my wife feels about it. She wants to tell everyone. She says, "They are going to know eventually!", but I told them that I would rather them have to ask me how I lost the weight after it is gone, than be critical throughout the entire process. But my poor wife has problems controlling her mouth, and most everyone knows at this point. Ce La Vie.

The liquid diet will help you out a lot. I just told people that I was on a doctor supervised cleansing diet, which it is. But since the rules are so absolute, there really isn't much excuse as to why you cheated. (No more, well, I didn't know how many grams of fat were in that pizza, excuses) And most people understand, and will be supportive during that time. During that 2 week pre-op diet, we even had out of town visitors come in to visit, and instead of going out to eat to visit, we would meet up after dinner. But during that 2 weeks, you will be getting the cravings for the food you want to eat, but you realize you can't have it. It is no fun, but really gives you power in the end, when you realize that you don't need that food anymore. The first week is rough, but after that, it really isn't bad, you get quite used to it. I didn't even care that there was junk in the cupboard.

Anyway, I know it is rough, but it is less than a month away! Welcome to the adventure!

Brazilbabe, I completely understand that you need to vent. That is what this forum is for. I am sorry to hear about your visitors. I know you are doing a kind thing, but I can understand you not wanting to do it anymore. I also did not want to tell a whole lot of people what that I had the surgery, which is completely opposite of how my wife feels about it. She wants to tell everyone. She says, "They are going to know eventually!", but I told them that I would rather them have to ask me how I lost the weight after it is gone, than be critical throughout the entire process. But my poor wife has problems controlling her mouth, and most everyone knows at this point. Ce La Vie.

The liquid diet will help you out a lot. I just told people that I was on a doctor supervised cleansing diet, which it is. But since the rules are so absolute, there really isn't much excuse as to why you cheated. (No more, well, I didn't know how many grams of fat were in that pizza, excuses) And most people understand, and will be supportive during that time. During that 2 week pre-op diet, we even had out of town visitors come in to visit, and instead of going out to eat to visit, we would meet up after dinner. But during that 2 weeks, you will be getting the cravings for the food you want to eat, but you realize you can't have it. It is no fun, but really gives you power in the end, when you realize that you don't need that food anymore. The first week is rough, but after that, it really isn't bad, you get quite used to it. I didn't even care that there was junk in the cupboard.

Anyway, I know it is rough, but it is less than a month away! Welcome to the adventure!

Dear Makowa:

I'm sorry your spouse didn't respect your wishes to keep it personal. Maybe she is just really proud of you and the progress that you are making. We all have a lot of emotional baggage that we have and need to unpack it at our own pace. I guess people who don't have this issue don't realize how personal and private that it is, and it is hurtful when someone exposes a part of your life you wanted to keep private. I have a lot of baggage and hurt, and I don't want people to know--let them guess. I don't really want to hear their comments or their opinions, because usually they are not very nice. It is no one's business but mine. I think my spouse told a few people, too, because suddenly they are asking me my opinion on stomach surgery. He claims he didn't, but why would they have the sudden interest in my opinion, or for that matter, expressing theirs. I am looking forward to the liquid diet, and as of today, it is only two weeks away. I had a dream about the surgery last night, and I don't remember the details of the dream, but remember waking up a little startled. I didn't sleep very well last night. I think I woke up feeling heavier after the surgery than when I went in, and realized my stomach was gone, but all the fat was still there, and thinking "My God, what have I done." I know the realities of the surgery in my head, but in my heart, all I have thought about was what I would look like when I was all done. I have even gone to a website where I can program in my desired weight, and impose my head picture on a figure and can pick out outfits for my character. I can see what I will look like in clothes that I want to wear when I am thin. A great visualization and motivator, but my head forgets about all the hard work that is going to be inbetween. I can't just go from surgery to my desired shape without all of the hard work and sacrifice. Thank you for encouraging me and letting me know that it does get better, and I can do this. Keep us posted as to how you are doing. I greatly appreciate all of your honesty and encouragement. Keep up your good work!

Brazilbabe

Thank you guys! tomorrow 6AM I am at the hospital.... nervous as HECK!

So exciting! :D :D Good luck tomorrow!

Thank you guys! tomorrow 6AM I am at the hospital.... nervous as HECK!

Mike, I hope all went well. Let us know how you are doing when you check in!

Mike, I hope all went well. Let us know how you are doing when you check in!

OK so was out of surgery a little before 11AM was in tremendous pain (GAS) and went up to my room, I did not get out of bed the first day at all, Since I have sleep apnea they injected me with morphine every 3 hours. Next day I got up did 7 laps around the floor on my first walk everybody was impressed, drank two 1 ounce cups of water for 2 hour then went for 2 cups an hour for 2 hours. took a nap got up drank 3 cups in 32 minutes then walked another 12 laps, and they started the paperwork to release me! I got home yesterday about 6:30PM the pain is not so bad but the GAS is the real issue, Just took my first shower,, hurt my stomach a little while stretching and stuff, I am 6'4. Have not felt hungry, have only had water and one icey yesterday, All is good, I weighted my self and I am 440 I was 451 the morning of surgery.

I have some pictures of what my stomach looks like after tey removed the piece they did, I will get the removed picture when I go to the doctor in 11 days, Thank you guys for a ll the support, the main thing that sucks is I ordered Designer Whey French Vanilla and it tastes horrible. before that I was using a whey protein but it was the wrong one but tasted yummy, So I have to find one I like the taste of...

Thanks for all the support!

Man have I been chomping at the bit to post here! Had surgery (VSG) Tuesday morning and am doing great, got discharged from the hospital earlier today.

I hit the pain pump pretty hard on Tuesday so I could sleep. My night nurse made me feel like a bit of a junkie when I needed a refill at midnight so I tried to lay off on Tuesday night/Wednesday and apparently the meds had been blocking the nausea from anesthesia. I was completely miserable and started using the happy button again to get myself through.

I barely used the pain pump Thursday but got so bored that I started hitting it for some good naps yesterday and today ;) 3 days in the hospital seemed like a long time for me but it was actually wonderful. When I was going to have surgery through Kaiser West LA they were going to send me home the next day and to think about sitting in the car without my happy button when I was nauseous the day after surgery seems torturous.

They actually have a daily bariatric class to get patients moving at Scripps and it was great to go even when I felt like I was going to vomit because I saw everyone that had the surgery the same time as me look just like me or worse and the people who were 1 day further out laughing and joking that was them yesterday.

Glad I'm home now, I am craving a protein shake but I'm on clear liquids until Sunday. I feel good and my energy is up (probably from my blissful hospital sleep), glad to FINALLY be on the loser's bench.

Man have I been chomping at the bit to post here! Had surgery (VSG) Tuesday morning and am doing great, got discharged from the hospital earlier today.

I hit the pain pump pretty hard on Tuesday so I could sleep. My night nurse made me feel like a bit of a junkie when I needed a refill at midnight so I tried to lay off on Tuesday night/Wednesday and apparently the meds had been blocking the nausea from anesthesia. I was completely miserable and started using the happy button again to get myself through.

I barely used the pain pump Thursday but got so bored that I started hitting it for some good naps yesterday and today ;) 3 days in the hospital seemed like a long time for me but it was actually wonderful. When I was going to have surgery through Kaiser West LA they were going to send me home the next day and to think about sitting in the car without my happy button when I was nauseous the day after surgery seems torturous.

They actually have a daily bariatric class to get patients moving at Scripps and it was great to go even when I felt like I was going to vomit because I saw everyone that had the surgery the same time as me look just like me or worse and the people who were 1 day further out laughing and joking that was them yesterday.

Glad I'm home now, I am craving a protein shake but I'm on clear liquids until Sunday. I feel good and my energy is up (probably from my blissful hospital sleep), glad to FINALLY be on the loser's bench.

Megan and Mike, welcome to the other side! It is good to know that our experiences were all similar enough. On Tuesday I will be 2 weeks post op. I am feeling great, and as of today I am 30 lbs lighter than I was before the 2-week pre-op diet. I am ready to eat something else. I have pretty much been on yogurt, cream of wheat, and strained cream soups for the past two weeks. I did go out with some friends the other night, and I ended up ordering a cup of chili. I only ate a small portion of the cup, but it went down really well. Looking forward to purees and solid foods. Anyway, great to hear that you both are doing well!

Megan and Mike, welcome to the other side! It is good to know that our experiences were all similar enough. On Tuesday I will be 2 weeks post op. I am feeling great, and as of today I am 30 lbs lighter than I was before the 2-week pre-op diet. I am ready to eat something else. I have pretty much been on yogurt, cream of wheat, and strained cream soups for the past two weeks. I did go out with some friends the other night, and I ended up ordering a cup of chili. I only ate a small portion of the cup, but it went down really well. Looking forward to purees and solid foods. Anyway, great to hear that you both are doing well!

Glad to hear your doing well! Today has been rough I am like tired of powerade and crystal light,,,, broths taste horrible... I cannot wait to get to the point were I can have a cream soup of some sort,, I must admitt it is mental though cause I really do not feel hungry per say. The gasses have gone away a lot,, now I have stomach pain from stretching to far yesterday (tyring to get sneakers) I am 6'4 so its a way down,, lol

How long before you got off the liquid only diet?

Glad to hear your doing well! Today has been rough I am like tired of powerade and crystal light,,,, broths taste horrible... I cannot wait to get to the point were I can have a cream soup of some sort,, I must admitt it is mental though cause I really do not feel hungry per say. The gasses have gone away a lot,, now I have stomach pain from stretching to far yesterday (tyring to get sneakers) I am 6'4 so its a way down,, lol

How long before you got off the liquid only diet?

The day after surgery I was cleared for full liquids, which in my case meant creamed soups, yogurt, and cream of wheat or rice, along with all the other liquid stuff. So I have been on that for the past 2 weeks. Tomorrow, I have my 2-week checkup at the docs, and they should clear me for "purees". I will tell you the truth though, some of the cream soups that I have had, had small chunks of chicken in them, and I have been getting those down just fine. I also went out with friends, and I ate chili (only thing close on the menu that I could eat), and it had chunks in it, and I did fine. I chewed the hell out of them, but didn't have a problem. I also didn't have more than a few bites of either... I will talk with the doc and nut tomorrow, and see if what I have done is okay for the pureed phase. I have also been doing a minimum of 30 minutes on my exercise bike everyday.

But I am now at 320, which is 31 down from pre-surgical diet, and 40 down from my heaviest, so I feel pretty good about everything. Glad things are going well!

The day after surgery I was cleared for full liquids, which in my case meant creamed soups, yogurt, and cream of wheat or rice, along with all the other liquid stuff. So I have been on that for the past 2 weeks. Tomorrow, I have my 2-week checkup at the docs, and they should clear me for "purees". I will tell you the truth though, some of the cream soups that I have had, had small chunks of chicken in them, and I have been getting those down just fine. I also went out with friends, and I ate chili (only thing close on the menu that I could eat), and it had chunks in it, and I did fine. I chewed the hell out of them, but didn't have a problem. I also didn't have more than a few bites of either... I will talk with the doc and nut tomorrow, and see if what I have done is okay for the pureed phase. I have also been doing a minimum of 30 minutes on my exercise bike everyday.

But I am now at 320, which is 31 down from pre-surgical diet, and 40 down from my heaviest, so I feel pretty good about everything. Glad things are going well!

Great to hear man! You are doing Grrrreat! (tony the tiger voice)

I just spoke ot my doc secretary and she said I should only be on clear liquids not soups and def not creamed soups unless they are made in lo fat mile (who sells that?) although last night my wife made her famous Salchichon soup and I had a little bit with a few very very soft noodles and no problem. I think today I will try a cream of chicken soup or something, I have a bunch in the kitchen calling my name! lol.

I just weighted my self and I was 430 which is crazy. Down 55 since pre op diet and down 21 since surgery which was a week ago this WED. everybody was impressed on how well I did in the hospital and stuff. I have to walk some more I must admit. The gas has went away pretty much, and the stomach pains are there but not so bad at all. I am going to try not to take any pain meds today and really see how I am doing,

Ohh by the way I love Crystal Lite and I just tried POWERADE ZERO and LOVE IT! maybe you can check it out, no sugar, no calories, and less than 1g of CARBS its basically like water.... Later man

Hey is anybody else in the 3rd week stall? This sucks. I know I shouldn't look at the scale, but it is hard not to. Maybe I need to take some measurements...

Hey is anybody else in the 3rd week stall? This sucks. I know I shouldn't look at the scale, but it is hard not to. Maybe I need to take some measurements...

I am on a 2 week stall? I got down to 423 quick and then for a week only down to 420 and today was up to 420.2.. not sure whats up

I'm a bit slow this week myself, I think our bodies are adapting and maybe holding onto fluid after so much has been flushed out the last couple of weeks.

Alright, I have been on a stall for the past two weeks, which has been discouraging, since I only had the surgery a month ago. I had a Dr. checkup two weeks ago, and since then I have only lost 3 lbs. I have been frustrated, but continued on with what I was doing, which is what my Nut has planned out for me. I have been riding my exercise bike every day for 30 -45 min a day quite vigorously, getting in 70 oz+ of liquids a day, and getting 60+ grams of protein a day. I have always heard, including here, that it is not the number on the scale that necessarily matters. When you aren't losing pounds, you will be losing inches. Which I may have been, but at this stage of the game it is difficult to tell. Yes, my clothes are looser, but not a whole size looser, so it is hard to just if I am losing inches as well. As a disclosure, I should probably tell you that I am an engineer. And without data to look at for progress I get frustrated. Without that data, one must rely on trust and faith that all is working well. And in a non-spiritual realm, I have a difficult time with that.

That being said...

My bariatric clinic has a scale that you stand on barefoot, and it tells you not only your weight, but also your Basal Metabolic Rate, the percentace of fat, the fat mass, the fat free mass, and your water weight. Now I generally don't think that the electrical impulse that these types of scales use to determine all those other items is necessarily accurate, however, I can definitely use it as a gage of what is going on in my body. So last night I went to our local support group at the bariatric clinic, and was able to use the scale. As I stated, I was only down 3 lbs since my previous visit 2-weeks ago. But my percentage of fat went from 55% to 42%, or down a total of 41 lbs less fat. My fat free mass went up 30 lbs, as did my water weight.

So this makes me much happier. After all, the goal is to lose fat, and I lost ~41 lbs (again if you completely agree with the electrical impulse method). I can't tell you how much better this made me feel. I actually went on Amazon and bought a new scale that also can give the % fat and fat mass. I think this will help when I do get these stalls to get more information of what is happening in my body.

On another note, when talking to the Nut and others in the support group, they thought I might not be getting enough calories per day (I am between 550 and 600). So I went home drank another protein shake, and this morning I weighed in 2 lbs less than yesterday. Yeah, the scale finally moved.

Anyway, I thought this might help others who get stuck in a stall, especially in the beginning.

Thanks for the report man! You are doing great, I am just a week or so behind you and i went threw the stump at 3 weeks today the scale was doen 417.something lol.. I was stuck at the 419-420 mark for 3 days and I was discouraged

Can you post the link to the scale you ordered, I think its pretty cool feature to have..

Thanks for the report man! You are doing great, I am just a week or so behind you and i went threw the stump at 3 weeks today the scale was doen 417.something lol.. I was stuck at the 419-420 mark for 3 days and I was discouraged

Can you post the link to the scale you ordered, I think its pretty cool feature to have..

Here you go...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0020MMCDE