I am excited! I started my livershrink diet yesterday, and I am doing just fine! I think I like the protein bars better for this! For some reason, I feel fuller than the protein shakes, but it could just be all in my head. I am still a little nervous, but I am so ready to do this! I have started taking my vitamins that are required to, I want to get use to taking them. I thought about it, taking the vitamins now won't hurt, it will only help! Plus, I am not as nervous, because my support person had her surgery 02-15, and I was there every step and still check on her! So I have an idea of what exactly to expect, and I know that everyone is different, but it gives you confidence when you have someone doing the same thing with you! Like a motivation person! It helps alot! Well, my surgery was moved from March 30 to March 28th. I am so ready! I enjoy the Snickers marathon protein bar! It have a few more calories than recommended but it is high in protein, and that's what matters, plus it tastes great! No after taste!

well shakes probably move through us faster than a bar. Try making your shakes into smoothies that helped me too. I make things like peanut butter cup smoothie (choc protein, milk, pb, sf choc syrup and ice), mocha cappacino (choc protein, ice, those sf instant cappacino things can't remember name their in a tin and milk) choc raspberry (choc protein, milk, ice and sf raspberry toriani or daninci syrup) I wanted to try a chocolate coconut using sf syrup of cocnut flav just never got around to it.

best of luck on everything!

I am excited! I started my livershrink diet yesterday, and I am doing just fine! I think I like the protein bars better for this! For some reason, I feel fuller than the protein shakes, but it could just be all in my head. I am still a little nervous, but I am so ready to do this! I have started taking my vitamins that are required to, I want to get use to taking them. I thought about it, taking the vitamins now won't hurt, it will only help! Plus, I am not as nervous, because my support person had her surgery 02-15, and I was there every step and still check on her! So I have an idea of what exactly to expect, and I know that everyone is different, but it gives you confidence when you have someone doing the same thing with you! Like a motivation person! It helps alot! Well, my surgery was moved from March 30 to March 28th. I am so ready! I enjoy the Snickers marathon protein bar! It have a few more calories than recommended but it is high in protein, and that's what matters, plus it tastes great! No after taste!

Congratulations on starting your liver shrink diet - the last step before surgery.

Glad to hear that you're taking vitamins pre-op but check with your surgeon about when to stop them before your surgery - I had a surgery just before Christmas that required me to come off of everything 2 weeks prior (that was because of blood-loss issues though). Best to be safe about that one and it's always important to let them know what you're taking by way of supplements and herbal products.

And be sure that you taking just the 100% RDA amount - not the Bariatric dose (that's higher).

On the snickers thing sweetheart - try to stick within the calorie guidelines. If the snickers protein bar has more calories than recommended, cut it in half (or whatever). Protein is important but right now, keeping within your calorie/fat guidelines is essential.

Congratulations on starting!

I do agree with Cinwa to stay within your calorie range. And I am just going to say, be lucky you can have bars..most of us didn't have that option. I wanted so bad just to CHEW something on my pre-op diet.

Good luck!

Edited by BeanCloe