TBMODESTO

Total weight loss on the sleeve?

I was considering the sleeve versus the gastric. Shays the total amount of weight you've lost on the sleeve? And can I get starting and finishing weights?

I was considering the sleeve versus the gastric. Shays the total amount of weight you've lost on the sleeve? And can I get starting and finishing weights?

I started my program at 317. I was about 286 on surgery day, lost a couple lbs beforehand on dieting (lost ~19 lbs on 2 week liquid diet), which was 9/21/2009. Yesterday I weighed in at 151 lbs.

Edited by gooberific

I started out at 222lbs and almost 6 months out I am at 144! That's 78lbs lost! It is amazing!

I was 310 on surgery day. Now I'm 225. This is a good weight for me. Might like to get to 200, but this isn't bad.

My stats to the left and sig are up to date. I have lost the equivalent of 2X my 6,5 year old son, i picked him up today and he is heavy LOL, i had no pre-op diet so its all been achieved with the help of my lovely sleeve :)

Edited by Isabel

I started out at 229. I'm 10 months out and at 131. That is 98 pounds in 10 months.

I have two world friends who had the sleeve in the last 2 years. Both have lost more than 100 pounds in less than a year. I think that one will lose 200 in her year.

I'm SO SO SO happy with my decision.

I began at 337, I was 312 the day of surgery and now I'm 234, after 5 months. I have not had a sick day, I did eat too much on Christmas eve and was sick for about 30 minutes. I can eat anything but not alot of it.

i am 12 days post op. i have lost 21lbs from surgery date! i chose the SLEEVE.

right now recovering, and getting back to a normal routine is my goal. i am learning so much, (that i thought i already knew) it is overwhelming, so i am not focusing on the weightloss part of it yet.

i have a best friend who recieved her RNY the same day as me. all is great with her!! somedays, shes better than me! ,

i listened to alot of people and tried to compare their sugeries to mine.....i thought i KNEW what it would be like......then second i opened my eyes i KNEW everyone is so different!

their surgery, hospital stay, recovery, eating, drinking, using the LOO, lifestyles, family, and weight loss! i NEVER expected to loose 21lbs!!! thats not "typical" i thought 5-10lbs...and shocked i was!! but day 1-10 recovery, i never worked so hard in my life!! i was also telling myself the same thing 3 weeks postop.

you have to make a decision, not based on anyone elses experience....either one you choose will be right for you :)

I have lost 132 lbs. in 7 months. Stated at 327 now 205. Went form a size 32 to size 16. It's an amazing journey! I love my sleeve!

WOW great news guys and ladies. I have been reading on the forum for about 4 hours now and have not seen a 400 pounder? Is this because at that weight everybody gets Gastric bypass? I am confused.

I look forward to sharing my journey with you all. I am 460 right now and have lost 20+ LBS on the pre operative diet...

WOW great news guys and ladies. I have been reading on the forum for about 4 hours now and have not seen a 400 pounder? Is this because at that weight everybody gets Gastric bypass? I am confused.

I look forward to sharing my journey with you all. I am 460 right now and have lost 20+ LBS on the pre operative diet...

What is your BMI? And what does your surgeon recommend? Are you diabetic? Other co-morbidities? Lifestyle issues?

You see, we are all unique and what was great for me may not be good for you.. Dr. Callery has a great topic on his thread "Ask Dr. Callery" that discusses the differences in what you can expect to lose on average, in each of the four generally accepted procedures: gastric band, gastric bypass, vertical sleeve and duodenal switch.

Congratulations on the great start. Keep us posted. There is a lot of help available here.

I was 19 stones 3lbs, On the day of surgery, I'm now 13 stones 12lb, bouncing around a couple of pounds. That is amazing, people are always shocked when they see me - often make too much of a fuss, 'much a do'. Once i get back on the exercise I'm sure I will continue to lose more. I've not been too well for the past 8 months or so. Very pleased with the results. YAY! Oh 1stone is 14lbs.

Edited by Hychap2009

I was 557 libs, had the sleeve on July 7th, 2010 and when I last weighed in on Feb. 10th I was at 405.

I was 557 libs, had the sleeve on July 7th, 2010 and when I last weighed in on Feb. 10th I was at 405.

WOW congrats.... 157 pounds in 7 months is real good, do you work out at all?

I'm 6'3" tall.

I was 375 on 6/1/10. That's a size 56 pants, size 3xl shirt, and size 13 shoe.

I was 355 on 10/29/10, my date of surgery.

Today, 5+ months in, I'm down to 265. That's a size 42 pants, size XL shirt, and size 12 shoe.

And I should not that I haven't lost a pound since early March, but I've continued to put on muscle and lose inches around my waist. I was a size 46 on March 1st.

I'm 6'3" tall.

I was 375 on 6/1/10. That's a size 56 pants, size 3xl shirt, and size 13 shoe.

I was 355 on 10/29/10, my date of surgery.

Today, 5+ months in, I'm down to 265. That's a size 42 pants, size XL shirt, and size 12 shoe.

And I should not that I haven't lost a pound since early March, but I've continued to put on muscle and lose inches around my waist. I was a size 46 on March 1st.

WOW good stuff man! keep it up. I am a 6/7xl and cant wait to be like a 3x again.

WOW congrats.... 157 pounds in 7 months is real good, do you work out at all?

Even better news...I had my 9 month follow up Monday and I've not lost 189 pounds! My BMI has gone from 82 to 54. Started at 557 and I'm not at 368!

And to answer your question, no I really don't. That's not ideal, and I would like to as I have a ton more energy and stamina now, but I have a large lymphedema puedotumor on my leg which makes working out difficult (and even more than the physical hindrance is the fact that 'm extremely self-conscious of it).

Pre-op weight was 318. Weighed 301 on the day of surgery and now weigh 208 but still losing. I want to lose about 40-45 lb. more. My surgery was April 26, 2010, so I am just over one year out.

Question for all sleever's, did you all lose slow & steady or at a face pace? I just feel like my weight loss is slow but steady even though I have hit stalls I still seem to lose lots of inches! I'm going to have get my measurement tape out to see how many inches I really have lost!!!

Question for all sleever's, did you all lose slow & steady or at a face pace? I just feel like my weight loss is slow but steady even though I have hit stalls I still seem to lose lots of inches! I'm going to have get my measurement tape out to see how many inches I really have lost!!!

I took measurements of EVERYTHING the other day. I haven't had my surgery yet, so it will be a good tool to go and look back on to see how many inches I've lost.

God I wish I were more organised, I really do. I am lucky I wrote down my starting weight so I can remember that! I have ZERO idea how much I've lost from one week or month to the next, though somewhere my brain is keeping track enough to tell me it's NOT ENOUGH. :P I do seem to stall weight-wise fairly frequently, staying at roughly the same weight for like two-three weeks at a time, then dropping a bit. I have definitely lost inches fairly steadily...though of course I have no idea what they were to start with and what they are now. :rolleyes:

ETA: Part of my problem is that I track everything in kgs, then get all confused when I translate it into lbs. Plus, I agreed with my doctor's wish very early on that I not track 100s of grams, so I just report straight kgs, so even if I am like 92.8 -- that counts as 92 kg, not 93. Even though that 800 grams is like nearly two pounds. Right. I'm confusing myself now. :lol:

Edited by swizzly

I am 6 mos out and have lost a slow & steady 55 lbs with LOTS of stalls. I'm finally losing a few pounds again but have lost alot of inches (bust 7, waist 81/2, hips 7) and can fit into a size 16 very comfortably. I fractured my ankle in May (playing hopscotch!) so zero walking or exercise until June when I started doing water aerobics which I love! :rolleyes:

I had my sleeve done 12/20/10 and was 352lbs

Pants 48x34 XXXL - XXXXL shirts

6'8" size 15 shoes

Now on 7/24/11 I'm 228lbs

Pants 38X34 XXL shirts

6'8" size 15 shoes

(All the above I share with my 14yr old son)

Feeling SOOO much better, off most of the meds and the ones I'm still on the dosages have all been cut way down, body hurts so much less now... Now of course my Dr & my RN wife want me to slow the loss or better stop it but I haven't figured that out yet, other than trying to take in more calories then I burn what else can I do?

Feeling SOOO much better, off most of the meds and the ones I'm still on the dosages have all been cut way down, body hurts so much less now... Now of course my Dr & my RN wife want me to slow the loss or better stop it but I haven't figured that out yet, other than trying to take in more calories then I burn what else can I do?

If you're happy where you're at, talk to your doc and figure out your basal metabolic rate and activity level and calculate your required calories. See what you can do to get close to that. The key is to be healthy and happy, and only you know when that is.

I'm almost 11 Mos out and I've lost 96 lbs since the beginning of my Sleeve journey. I have also lost nearly 150+ lbs from my all time highest weight.