guitarjeff

Smelly Fart Odors after Bypass Surgery

I HAD GASTRIC BYPASS MARCH 2017 AND ABOUT 8 MONTHS LATER I STARTED HAVING THE WORST SMELLING FARTS.I HAVE IED DEVON BUT IT DID NOT HELP.MY STOMACH HURTS SO BAD TILL I CAN GET THE FARTS TO START COMING OUT.I TAKE ACTIVATED CHARCOAL CAPSULES TO GO TO GET MY HAIR FIXED AND GO TO CHURCH AND THEY MAKE MY STOMACH TO HURT WORSE BUT I CAN'T STAY IN THE HOUSE 24/7.I WANTED TO GET TO 150 POUNDS BUT AM DOWN TO 104.8  AND I HAVE TALKED WITH MY DOCTOR AND HE DID SEEM CONCERNED  BUT SINCE I KEEP LOSING WEIGHT HE IS GOING TO TALK WITH ME THIS MONTH AN I AM PRAYING SOME THING CAN BE DONE TO KEEP ME FROM KEEPING ON LOSING WIGHT.I AM 75 YEARS OF AGE AND I DON'T NEE TO KEEP LOSING WEIGHT.I HAVE A METALICE TASTE IN MY MOUTH AND I GOOGLED IT AND IT SAID IT COULD COME FROM LOSING SO MUCH WEIGHT OR OTHER PROBLEMS.MY FARTS ARE SO BAD NO ONE WANTS TO BE AROUND ME AND I CAN'T BLAME THEM.IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT TO DO TO HELP ME PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL TO caroynlenew@nc.rr.com. I AM GOING TO KEEP TAKING THE ACTIVATED CHARCOAL CAPSULES SO I CAN GO TO GET MY HAIR FIXED AND TO CHURCH AND SUNDAY SCHOOL.

3 hours ago, MAMMY said:

I HAD GASTRIC BYPASS MARCH 2017 AND ABOUT 8 MONTHS LATER I STARTED HAVING THE WORST SMELLING FARTS.I HAVE IED DEVON BUT IT DID NOT HELP.MY STOMACH HURTS SO BAD TILL I CAN GET THE FARTS TO START COMING OUT.I TAKE ACTIVATED CHARCOAL CAPSULES TO GO TO GET MY HAIR FIXED AND GO TO CHURCH AND THEY MAKE MY STOMACH TO HURT WORSE BUT I CAN'T STAY IN THE HOUSE 24/7.I WANTED TO GET TO 150 POUNDS BUT AM DOWN TO 104.8  AND I HAVE TALKED WITH MY DOCTOR AND HE DID SEEM CONCERNED  BUT SINCE I KEEP LOSING WEIGHT HE IS GOING TO TALK WITH ME THIS MONTH AN I AM PRAYING SOME THING CAN BE DONE TO KEEP ME FROM KEEPING ON LOSING WIGHT.I AM 75 YEARS OF AGE AND I DON'T NEE TO KEEP LOSING WEIGHT.I HAVE A METALICE TASTE IN MY MOUTH AND I GOOGLED IT AND IT SAID IT COULD COME FROM LOSING SO MUCH WEIGHT OR OTHER PROBLEMS.MY FARTS ARE SO BAD NO ONE WANTS TO BE AROUND ME AND I CAN'T BLAME THEM.IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT TO DO TO HELP ME PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL TO caroynlenew@nc.rr.com. I AM GOING TO KEEP TAKING THE ACTIVATED CHARCOAL CAPSULES SO I CAN GO TO GET MY HAIR FIXED AND TO CHURCH AND SUNDAY SCHOOL.

Are you in touch with a registered dietician. Now I'm not normally a big fan of them because my experience has been all pretty negative due to their inexperience where I live. I live in a rural area and we tend to get only new graduates with no real world experience. However, if you are still losing weight then you definitely need help in finding a way to gain weight back. Adding calorie dense nutrient rich foods is likely a necessity for you. I also struggle with pretty severe abdominal pain on transit of gas or bowel movements in a particular stretch of my lower intestine....sometimes it's as severe as childbirth labour was only with no breaks to catch a breath. This I'm sure is caused by inflammation within the gut and will only be resolved by determining the cause and addressing it. At the moment I'm adhering to a grain free diet, only started it 4 days ago so I won't know for a few weeks if it works for me or not. Best wishes on figuring out your own answers. Page 1 of this thread pretty much has all the advice I would have given, other than to potentially look at an elimination type diet to see of particular foods might be adding to your abdominal stress. Once you have some answers to that, you can go prepared with answers/experience to your doctor/surgeon/dietician. That will save you a return visit should they tell you to try one.