*~ April 2011 Staplers~*

Erica74

I don't have a "set" date yet so I don't feel I should start it (wanted to lol) but if you have your date then start it up!!!!!! I'll join since I'm 90% sure it'll be in April! I had been wondering about it, too!

My April 5th is tentative. It may be moved up or back for now. I have completed most of the requirements and we are waiting on insurance approval so I am sort of in the same boat you are in at this time. :rolleyes::)

I'm fairly certain I will have an April date . . .I think we should give ourselves a cool name with diamonds in the name, since that's the April birthstone. :D

Hooray for April!:)

I'm fairly certain I will have an April date . . .I think we should give ourselves a cool name with diamonds in the name, since that's the April birthstone. :D

Here is a diamond to copy and use if you want: ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ it's not like the diamond for a ring though.

I agree! Hmm I don't know much about where to come up with those kinds of things. I do see some who use them quite often, I just don't know how to do it! lol Maybe whoever starts the group can put a diamond picture in their top thread?? I'm going to go looking for some now lol

Great idea Kells! Let's all think of a great and catchy name for us April losers! :P

I am getting so excited and ready to do this! I just got more samples from Chike and vitalady in. The ones from Vitalady had a rose in it. How sweet! Has anyone bought or requested any samples yet? I have tried the samples from celebratevitamins.com and really liked them. Kel informed me (and I should have remembered) that our tastes change after surgery so now I've emailed them again and requested more samples to try after surgery. I have my magic bullet and digital scale. I still need to get several things before surgery, but I guess there's still some time. April is right around the corner!!! Yeah for us!

Edited by SerenaSlimmer

I ordered some samples from mybariatricpantry.com. Are there more sites or any places that provide complimentary or reduced price samples? I go for a consult on 3/10 so hopefully I will have a date. My UGI results may hold things up because apparently I have a slight hernia and some sort of ring where my esophagus and stomach meet.

I visit the GI this Thursday as well so hopefully I will have some decent update.

Celebratevitamins.com has free samples with free shipping (great customer service) and vitalady.com has samples for $1.99 each

Vitalady was for protein samples and of course celebrate was for vitamins. Although they do sell protein as well and I received a couple samples of their protein, too.

Edited by SerenaSlimmer

Doesn't matter which thread.. just that rather than have five or six different April threads (like there was march for a while!)... we're trying to keep it just one. This title matches the format of the others, as well. If you don't want this one, we can close it, reopen the other.. doesn't make any difference to me!

Doesn't matter which thread.. just that rather than have five or six different April threads (like there was march for a while!)... we're trying to keep it just one. This title matches the format of the others, as well. If you don't want this one, we can close it, reopen the other.. doesn't make any difference to me!

The only thing I am wondering about is when others who are looking for the thread for April surgery patients they will see that the first several posts are about noone knowing when they're having surgery. Not sure there is anyone on here yet who knows exactly when we're having surgery.

Well, this is why up until a year or so ago.. we never started a monthly thread until the day before.. One member always compiled the dates as she read the forum and made a Grand Announcement on the last day of the Month, and everyone would cheer people on.. but then people didn't want to wait for her to do that anymore. She was quite hurt about the whole thing and has almost never posted since that was kind of taken away from her. Plus it gave the current month people their 'due'.

The threads have changed, instead of other members cheering everyone having surgery on, it has become an almost private club in a way. I personally think they're dangerous in a way... as I've mentioned to you in the PM earlier... too many people never venture from 'their' thread which is sad.. both we and they miss out on a lot.. friendships that might've formed don't.. I've seen some really bad advice given out and with no one with any experience is really monitoring them due to that exclusivity that has evolved over the last year so that bad advice goes unchecked. I've tried to change that some by at least skimming them but I can only do so much. If I had my way they'd go back to the old way but then, as you might've seen recently.. I am not a huge fan of change! LOL. As it has evolved to a different entity, we just try to keep one a month going otherwise there'll be too much duplication and there's already tons of that going on! :mellow:

Anyway... all that aside. If you want the other monthly thread opened, just let me know.. I'll close this one and reopen that one. Either way is fine.. lol..

It doesn't matter to me. I have sort if found the board in itself as an exclusive club. I have posted quite a few times and have never felt the warm and fuzzy or much encouragement. I am frustrated with the complications I posted above and it is as if that part were invisible.

It doesn't matter to me. I have sort if found the board in itself as an exclusive club. I have posted quite a few times and have never felt the warm and fuzzy or much encouragement. I am frustrated with the complications I posted above and it is as if that part were invisible.

Did you post them in your own thread or just this one? Very few people bother with the monthly threads anymore given how they've turned out, except for people from that month. I try to reply to most people at least some of the time. What section did you post? Links?

I'll admit I've missed a lot lately.. this new forum layout has been an issue too.

Well add me to the April club. I am having my GBP, hiatal hernia repair, and gallbladder removal on April 1st!

I am popping in here from the March board to say that I have found the monthly thread very supportive and comforting. Surprisingly so since I was a member of the Feb thread before my surgery was moved. I wasn't in that thread long enough to become invested.

But, while I am sorry the member who used to start the lists was offended, I like the fact that the thread was open for the month of February leading into surgery day this coming up Monday. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow as things evolve to the point where they are more user friendly.

It is interesting to see the struggles and fears echoed by others to make me feel not as alone. There really is no reason to wait until March first for a grand unveiling. Hey, that is what these forums are for support when we need support.

I am popping in here from the March board to say that I have found the monthly thread very supportive and comforting. Surprisingly so since I was a member of the Feb thread before my surgery was moved. I wasn't in that thread long enough to become invested.

But, while I am sorry the member who used to start the lists was offended, I like the fact that the thread was open for the month of February leading into surgery day this coming up Monday. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow as things evolve to the point where they are more user friendly.

It is interesting to see the struggles and fears echoed by others to make me feel not as alone. There really is no reason to wait until March first for a grand unveiling. Hey, that is what these forums are for support when we need support.

For those that also venture out from under that 'security blanket' I'm less worried about. It is those that only read and post in that thread that I'm more concerned about. It's a bit of the blind leading the blind sometimes. And the 'exclusivity' means others won't help them out. Not in this thread but in some of them, some of the advice I've seen given out is rather shocking!

There are other reasons to not have them- makes searching for info impossible if all we have are monthly threads- try locating info on Vitamin d and you'll have a thread, hundreds of pages long to sort through!

Anyway- clearly this thread is not going anywhere for the April staplers.... this one can be closed and the other one opened, if that is what they want.

Hey everyone! I posted the below on a thread that I started but was directed here so I have cut and pasted my post from there.

Hello! I didn't see a thread out there for April surgeries so I thought I would start one.

My surgery is scheduled for April 5th. Not soon enough for me but it will give me some time to "practise". LOL That's what my nutritionist called it. So far my practise hasn't been going too well. I haven't been able to stick to a healthy eating plan. I am soooo going through last supper syndrome. Not good at all. I've actually put on about 3 lbs! :-(

Today is the first day without soda. I switched from reg diet coke to caffiene free diet coke about 2 months ago but I normally have about 3 a day. Today I had ZERO! I am proud of myself for that little accomplishment. If nothing else I am working on that. I've also been working on eating more protien and tracking my food.

Surgery is about 1 month away. Seems like so far but I am sure it will be here before I know it. Whether I'm ready or not!

Hope to hear from some of you out there scheduled for April surgery!

Take care!

Hope4me

I ordered some samples from mybariatricpantry.com. Are there more sites or any places that provide complimentary or reduced price samples? I go for a consult on 3/10 so hopefully I will have a date. My UGI results may hold things up because apparently I have a slight hernia and some sort of ring where my esophagus and stomach meet.

I visit the GI this Thursday as well so hopefully I will have some decent update.

I had that ring thing a couple of years ago. It's called a schozkys ring. All they did was stretch is out to break the tissues in the ring. It wasn't bad at all and I don't see that would cause a delay for you.

I've read tons of posts that have also had hiatal hernia repairs during their gastric bypass surgery.

Keep us poated as to what your doctor tells you.

Take care!

Hope4me

I've read tons of posts that have also had hiatal hernia repairs during their gastric bypass surgery.

I went into the surgeon's office knowing I had a hiatal hernia and worried about it effecting my chances for surgery (this was months ago). He reassured me and told me that not only does he repair hiatal hernias without issue while doing the bypass, but he often finds hiatal hernias that were previously undiagnosed and of course corrects them during surgery as well. So there should be nothing to worry about. When he gets in there and opens you up he can handle it all -- still laparoscopically as well.

I will be having mine repaired along with my bypass and gallbladder removal on April 1st

Good luck to you!

Well add me to the April club. I am having my GBP, hiatal hernia repair, and gallbladder removal on April 1st!

Congratulations and welcome to the April 2011 Staplers! Keep us updated!

Thanks so much MandaJo and Hope4me! I was so worried this would be a set back. I has completed moat of the required work up, with the final 2 being done this week. I really want the April greenlight and this info let's me know that I may be able to get it all "fixed" at the same time.

Good Luck to all my fellow April Staplers!