debbielynn

Serious pain in the stomach help!

I was banded on october 7 2010. i have been doing really well with the weight loss so far. already over 68 pounds gone! I have pain near my gallbladder that I have discussed with my doctor. At 6 months they are going to do a scan of my liver to see if I have stones and if it needs to come out. most likely it will. on Friday I developed a rather sharp pain in my stomach ont he left side. it is under my band right over my intestines. It got so bad that I had to bend forward to relieve some of the pain. Walking, standing and laying on my right side feel the worst. what is this pain? I can feel my band in place because I have lost so much weight already so I know it did not slip. I feel really bad actually. The pain gets worse and then eases up but then comes back again. Today it sent all the way around my lower stomach into my back. Anyone know what this might be? is it gall bladder related or something else

Contact your Doc, but this sounds like gallbladder pain to me. You shouldn't have to wait in pain to get moving on scans and getting it out if need be...waiting can cause more problems than just pain. My pain was in different places (atypical gallbladder pain), but I found out that many experience this...I thought it was something in my lower intestine, and I was surprised to find out when they did a lower and upper ultrasound that I had 20+ stones in the GB and it came out (they can now do a single incision through the belly button for this). Feel better! -BG

Its always wise to contact the doctor when you have severe, lasting, sharp pain. Yes the gall bladder pain can be felt in different spots, not just the right upper quadrant. Its one of those horrible sick pains that can just incapacitate you. No, you shouldn't have to suffer along till 6 months. Call the doctor's office for an appt asap! :) Let us know what happens.