GlitterG

Feb Staplers = Bandsters as well?

I noticed there is a group on the GBS forum for those who are having their surgery in Feb ... does everyone having surgery go into one pool or are we segregated?

I just wanna be tracking with those who are at the same stage I am - I don''t really care what surgery it is ...

My husband and family are very supportive but it would be nice to have someone who is wearing the t-shirt to share with ...

Grace

Until recently- the monthly staplers thread was for EVERYONE- NO one was excluded.

If people are excluding others because they had a different surgery it's a real shame and I'd be quite saddened by that.

Come on in and post in the February thread. The more the merrier. The water's fine and we're all friendly. I'm sure Nettie's advice to bring chapstick will be as helpful to you as to the rest of us.

Come on in and post in the February thread. The more the merrier. The water's fine and we're all friendly. I'm sure Nettie's advice to bring chapstick will be as helpful to you as to the rest of us.

LOL.. she totally stole that one!

I do hope you all do your own personal story threads instead of sticking to just Feb threads going forward. I see names there that never post anywhere else :( (not just the Feb threads but the monthly threads in general.

I read your other post about that as well and I think it's partially a way of not annoying people who've been there done that and are tired of the repetitive questions that are actually answered "If" you know how to search for them. I understand what you're saying, but think of the bond you have with people who had this done at the same time as you. This is how that bond is formed.

It's also largely just affirmation and reassurance that rather than just remembering back to when they felt like that, there are people who are actually feeling it right along with you.

And sometimes there are those who become impatient with new people and respond more harshly than they perhaps mean to, so people hide in a nice safe thread...

Annette may have stolen the chapstick advice but she has totally owned it now (at least in the February Staplers thread) lol.

LOL.. she totally stole that one!

I do hope you all do your own personal story threads instead of sticking to just Feb threads going forward. I see names there that never post anywhere else :( (not just the Feb threads but the monthly threads in general.

No Kelly. It was all MY IDEA!! LOL And you weren't supposed to tell.

Yes, we have a running thread for February Staplers but as Karen said, ALL ARE WELCOME!! Staplers just have slightly different food requirements or certain foods we cannot have. Other than that, we are all surgical patients and all struggling to help each other keep on track.

And Kelly, you know and I know people should post in other places. Karen and I have and will continue to do so. This site is a learning tool and if you don't use it to it's fullest then you're just cheating yourself.

I read your other post about that as well and I think it's partially a way of not annoying people who've been there done that and are tired of the repetitive questions that are actually answered "If" you know how to search for them. I understand what you're saying, but think of the bond you have with people who had this done at the same time as you. This is how that bond is formed.

It's also largely just affirmation and reassurance that rather than just remembering back to when they felt like that, there are people who are actually feeling it right along with you.

And sometimes there are those who become impatient with new people and respond more harshly than they perhaps mean to, so people hide in a nice safe thread...

I understand exactly what you mean. I just am a bit fearful that some people think they can't or shouldn't post outside those threads (I know you're not one of them!)... and it doesn't give us a chance to bond with newer members as well.. Up until a few months ago.. these threads were just a way for the rest of us to wish those going into surgery that month well and we were all able to bond with each other regardless of surgery date! I couldn't even tell you one person who had surgery in Jan 08 from here... lol.. but I feel I've bonded well anyway.

But I do see what your saying.

Annette may have stolen the chapstick advice but she has totally owned it now (at least in the February Staplers thread) lol.

LOL.

Personally, I prefer Burts Bees original lip balm best :)

Personally, I prefer Burts Bees original lip balm best :)

Well, smarty pants, I bought a package of three Burts Bees Sticks and a little tin at Marshalls-TJ Maxx the day before surgery. That should last me through the Winter AND Mud Season!! LOL

Well, smarty pants, I bought a package of three Burts Bees Sticks and a little tin at Marshalls-TJ Maxx the day before surgery. That should last me through the Winter AND Mud Season!! LOL

Ah ha!!

Aren't they great? I love BB's stuff!