R.Edwards

Retired some clothing

just wanted to scream to everyone that I have now retired my 18-20 pant size and am now sporting a size 16 Liz Claiborn pant!!!!! whooooohoooooo.:D

Congratulations! That is always a good feeling! And get used to this feeling. Once you get out of the plus sizes, you will find that you move through sizes far quicker...and least that's been my experience. I still can't believe I am wearing a size 12 right now (I tried on a size 10 the other day to humor myself, and I was surprised I could get them on, although they felt a little snug for my taste).

Yeah!!! How exciting! Maybe see if your local support group does a clothing swap! Congratulations!!

Woohoo! Congratulations on the new size. Don't get too used to those clothes cuz they aren't going to fit in a short period of time. = )

I have four giant piles of clothes to donate this week. I also have about 1/2 of my closet to go through still. I'm excited to be weeding out past sizes!

I am hoping to be in a size 16 in about 8 weeks. I started at at 32-34W and I am almost half that now.

It's a great feeling!!

I am hoping to be in a size 16 in about 8 weeks. I started at at 32-34W and I am almost half that now.

It's a great feeling!!

I'm a 30/32 as well and am a little nervous about finding smaller sizes like the 26/28 or 22/24 in thrift stores so I hope to find out more about the clothing swap in our support group.

I felt very liberated by being able to do this too. It is so exciting and proof of our success. Great job!

That is a BIG deal! I have been able to get down to 18's many times over the last several years, but 16's have remained out of reach. I will probably be more excited to get to a 16 than any other size, because although it is one size down - I haven't been able to do it! CONGRATS!!

I started wearing 18's about 2-3 weeks ago and I went out and bought 16's this weekend in anticipation of being able to wear them in about 6 - 8 weeks. Talbot's outlet had an 80% off sale and I could not resist. I even bought a top that wasn't a 1X. I am hoping that I can wear it tomorrow to work. The Large belt I bought fits.

It's seens surreal that I can get into those sizes. I don't even remember the last time I wore a misses 18, let alone a large belt. I am officially out of the Women's sizes.

I am officially out of the Women's sizes.

Congratulations!!

I was tagging along with a female on a shopping trip for new smaller jeans.

I was there to give my expert opinion on how her rear looked.

We were at a major department store. She went to the same department

she always used. Put her in a pair to try on and of course they were

baggy. I asked where the sizes were and the sales lady was embarrassed.

Finally she said something about "Honey you need to go to the other side

of the store to the petites department." So goodbye to Women's

to Regular to Petites.

Long story short. Got her some new hot jeans, However even over there

I had to send in a couple smaller sizes as accepting the new cut / sizes

was not easy I guess.

I just thought it was great to be thrown out of a big department. I have

been sent to the big/tall (big/huge) department so many years that I

was shocked when they did it to me.

/mike/

I started doing this already and I am still in the pre-op stage, I got rid of all my winter clothes, and I weeded through all my summer stuff. I hope to have my surgery next month, so I definetly won't be in my chuby girl clothes for long!