MistyK

March 2011 Sleeve Surgeries

Hey out there. I am new to this site and wanted to open up a thread for those waiting for a possible March surgery date. I have been to the seminar, seen the surgeon and scheduled my other appts, just waiting to finish so I can get a date set. I decided on Gastric sleeve for my surgery. I think it will be the best choice for me.Concerns I have are immidate post op discomfort and learning to not overfill the pouch. I am very anxious to get this started and get healthier!!;)

Hey!

My name is Jil. i got my surgery date today! March 14th! Im so excited, anxious, scared, EVERY emotion..lol. Its all setting in...ive been working so hard!

Hi! I just found out that I finished up my pre-op requirements today and am waiting for my insurance approval. Unless something goes horribly wrong (which of course, it could) I should be a March surgery as well. I wish I had approval, the wait is killing me!

I am done with all of my requirements. My surgeon's office will submit to the ins co on Feb 7th. They said Aetna usually replies fast (in about a week). After that i will have 2 weeks of liquid diet and then its GO TIME. Hopefully if all goes well, I should have a date somewhere in the first week of March.:D

hope and pray that im a marcher!!!! my surgical nurse said end of feb early march but psych is holding me up because the doctors going on leave(vacation) for over 3 weeks.... ughhhhhhhhhh!

I'm on hold because of the Psych appt too... I have called 3 times to set up the appt, but all I get is the answering machine... Of course, that could be because we are all under about a foot and a half of snow here in Kansas City...I have dates for everthing else. My pre-op class is tomorrow, Dietitian appt next Tues, and EGD the following Thurs. I wish the Psych people would just call me back so I can KNOW I have everything scheduled... the surgury nurse said as soon as all of the appts have been finished is when I will start my 2 week liquid diet (fun, fun) and get a date set.

Congrats to all of you who have already gotten your dates. I CAN NOT wait for that day for me. I am very excited to get this ball rolling!!! :D

Edited by MistyK

I am done with all of my requirements. My surgeon's office will submit to the ins co on Feb 7th. They said Aetna usually replies fast (in about a week). After that i will have 2 weeks of liquid diet and then its GO TIME. Hopefully if all goes well, I should have a date somewhere in the first week of March.:D

omg..you and me both! Here's is to us, virtual hi five LOL ^5

Hey!

My name is Jil. i got my surgery date today! March 14th! Im so excited, anxious, scared, EVERY emotion..lol. Its all setting in...ive been working so hard!

I feel the same way! Or at least I think that's how I feel! I honestly am still not sure HOW to feel :)

I just got my insurance approval yesterday (seriously took three days - go Blue Cross) and now am working on scheduling the surgery date ... it should be sometime in March. I kinda feel like it's not real yet but I am sure scheduling a surgery date and my post-op time off will clear that up ...

How much time is everyone asking off from work (if you work)? I am planning on three weeks in case I need that much, but hope to come back early .... Unless it conflicts with March Madness, which I am not going to lie, I am thrilled to be able to watch during recovery. ;)

I am getting butterflies thinking of this ....

I feel the same way! Or at least I think that's how I feel! I honestly am still not sure HOW to feel :)

I just got my insurance approval yesterday (seriously took three days - go Blue Cross) and now am working on scheduling the surgery date ... it should be sometime in March. I kinda feel like it's not real yet but I am sure scheduling a surgery date and my post-op time off will clear that up ...

How much time is everyone asking off from work (if you work)? I am planning on three weeks in case I need that much, but hope to come back early .... Unless it conflicts with March Madness, which I am not going to lie, I am thrilled to be able to watch during recovery. ;)

I am getting butterflies thinking of this ....

I'm so glad you posted. I have Blue Cross of CA also. I'm waiting for the Doctor to submit request. My psych visit was one week ago. I go to the support class this Monday, and then just waiting for approval. Please let it be in March!!!

I'm saving up to take 3 weeks off. I want to have time to recover emotionally a bit and get into a routine.

It has been a 6 month process for me, however, I needed to wait to get on my wife's insurance in Jan. She also has BCBS, but out of Michigan. They claim that I meet all the requirements. I have had the bloodwork, the other tests, 6 months of weigh ins at the surgeons office, and the pre-surgical class. I have my Psych eval on 2/11, and hopefully on my next surgical appointment on 2/22 we will be ready to get everything scheduled.

So hopefully in March, but maybe April. Who knows. As far as time off, I have plenty of vacation time, however, I am going to see if my employer will just let me have sick time for the recovery. But I don't think I will ask until I get the dates all finalized.

But I do see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I'm so glad you posted. I have Blue Cross of CA also. I'm waiting for the Doctor to submit request. My psych visit was one week ago. I go to the support class this Monday, and then just waiting for approval. Please let it be in March!!!

I have Blue Cross in CA also (Anthem) - argh. I am still waiting to hear if the Nutritionist has turned in the stuff to the bariatric coordinator who then in turn submits to insurance. SIGH. Since it's Friday, I have a looooong weekend to get through before I can even hope to hear something next week maybe. This is one time I won't mind the weekend flying by! Congrats everyone! So encouraging to see all the good news!

hi everyone,

my insurance is IHA, i didnt have to wait for anything. my friend had BCBS and didnt wait very long...so i know you will be marchers :)

my surgery is march 14th!! i have my preop and post op diet plans, i need to go for 1 more visit before surgery and then its go time!! yikes! is this really happening?! <super nervous>

also i work 2 days a week, stay at home with my kids the others. even so, im giving my self 1 month to establish a new routine, work, and start my "chores" again.

i figure, if you can't lift for 4 weeks..you shouldnt work (depending on your job) but you dont want to take chances, your fragile!

things that might be "normal" to lift (vaccum, reems of copy paper, garbage, grocery, chairs, etc) are going to POOP you out! that could effect your recovery.

I have Blue Cross in CA also (Anthem) - argh. I am still waiting to hear if the Nutritionist has turned in the stuff to the bariatric coordinator who then in turn submits to insurance. SIGH. Since it's Friday, I have a looooong weekend to get through before I can even hope to hear something next week maybe. This is one time I won't mind the weekend flying by! Congrats everyone! So encouraging to see all the good news!

hi :) i noticed that you have a CPAP struggle lol same here. my numbers are low, i have the mildest case of sleep apnea (of course)

i have to pay for the apnea tests and the machine! today the surgeon tells me, if i dont bring a machine to the surgery, i wont get the surgery...geeesh!

OMG!!! I can't believe it... my insurance coordinator at the surgeons office sent my letter of neccesity today for insurance approval. It has been a very busy week last week. I went to my pre-op class and my 1st psych appt on Thursday, then went to the second psych appt friday. Today was my appt with the dietitian, so all I have left is the EGD next Thurs... Cross your fingers that approval will be quick. I am hoping for a Mar 11 or Mar 14 surgery date... :)

OMG!!! I can't believe it... my insurance coordinator at the surgeons office sent my letter of neccesity today for insurance approval. It has been a very busy week last week. I went to my pre-op class and my 1st psych appt on Thursday, then went to the second psych appt friday. Today was my appt with the dietitian, so all I have left is the EGD next Thurs... Cross your fingers that approval will be quick. I am hoping for a Mar 11 or Mar 14 surgery date... :)

good luck!! im in for march 14th :)

On Monday I went to my final class and the surgeon's office turned in the paperwork on Tuesday afternoon. Feeling impatient, today I decided to call Aetna to get a status update. The agent I talked to was super friendly and helpful, unlike the folks I talk to usually there. At first she said she didn't have anything on record for me. Ugh, here we go, time for me to go medieval on someones you know what... But she sensed the tension in my voice and said that she would look in the fax system. After a few minutes, she found my my case and asked me to hold while she entered all of the data from the fax in the system. I got a case number and she assigned it in a reviewers queue. So hopefully being proactive and calling helped shave a few days off of my wait.

I'm hoping to get on my surgeons schedule for March 7th.

Edited by jusmaxxin

hi :) i noticed that you have a CPAP struggle lol same here. my numbers are low, i have the mildest case of sleep apnea (of course)

i have to pay for the apnea tests and the machine! today the surgeon tells me, if i dont bring a machine to the surgery, i wont get the surgery...geeesh!

Oh yea, I know a lot of people who have been told that. I haven't been told that - but I imagine it is still the case, and I feel like I must act as if that is the case. Either way, I must use my machine. I have very severe apnea, I stop breathing 89 to in excess of 100 times an hour. Down to 4/hour with the machine. I have horrible migraines. I really must use it. I just got *another* mask tonight, LOL. We shall see. Sorry I missed this message before, how is it going for you!

On Monday I went to my final class and the surgeon's office turned in the paperwork on Tuesday afternoon. Feeling impatient, today I decided to call Aetna to get a status update. The agent I talked to was super friendly and helpful, unlike the folks I talk to usually there. At first she said she didn't have anything on record for me. Ugh, here we go, time for me to go medieval on someones you know what... But she sensed the tension in my voice and said that she would look in the fax system. After a few minutes, she found my my case and asked me to hold while she entered all of the data from the fax in the system. I got a case number and she assigned it in a reviewers queue. So hopefully being proactive and calling helped shave a few days off of my wait.

I'm hoping to get on my surgeons schedule for March 7th.

Best wishes! I have heard nothing, zip, nada. I sent an email today and still nothing. I am starting to get upset, but trying not too. I guess I can always call the insurance company - I pay good money for the right to bug them, LOL

So, my surgery center requires full payment of my patient contribution before scheduling a surgery date. That's okay, and makes sense, EXCEPT that I want a date!! I am getting anxious and want to know ... I think it comes from being a slightly OCD planner. I am waiting on my tax return (thank you new homebuyer incentives!) so I can pay and get my date!

My financial advisor (aka my Dad, the coolest most supportive man on the planet) said I should have the money by the end of this month ... Hopefully I can slide in as a March sleever!

Alright,

I had my Psych appointment today, and he said I am good to go. I go to my next meeting with the surgeon/nut on the 22nd. At that time, I think I will have everything done to send to Insurance Approval.

I am still hoping for March, but would be fine with April as well. I have been slowly killing my previous bad habits, so I hope to have good habits by the time I reach the 2 week liquid pre-surgical diet.

My wife also wants to do the 2 week liquid diet, even though she isn't having surgery. Does anyone know if this is safe?

Anyway, I am getting excited. It almost feels as if everyone in this thread is in the same "class", so to speak...:D

Good luck everyone!

My date is the 24th of Feb, but I hope you don't mind if I join your thread as well? I'm trying to read everything I can... :)

My date is the 24th of Feb, but I hope you don't mind if I join your thread as well? I'm trying to read everything I can... :)

coming up quick! good luck to you :)

In anticipation of my pending divorce from my long-time love (FOOD), I have been trying to slowly ease some of the bad habits from my life. My mind is taking its sweet time on this one though ...

Has anyone else done any pre-op "dieting" instead of Last Supper Syndrome? I am talking about things like cutting Diet Coke (sniff), pizza, coffee, beer, popcorn, etc.... I am slowly easing them out of my life, but it's been tough ... and I don't even have a surgery date yet. What are you all doing for this?:confused:

On a sidenote, I just found the most UH-MAZING website that actually has me kind of excited for trying on my new life:

theworldaccordingtoeggface

It seems like everyone is either close to a date or getting theirs!!! YEAH!!! I Got Insurance approval today!! Yeah again!! And I go for my last thing... the EGD this Thursday. So... after that is done I will have my final date. I am so glad it seems like everyone else is getting quick results on insurance approval also.