kaneohegirl

things you can still do?

so my question is can you still do things you would normally like a normal person...

• go on roller coaster
  • skiing
  • airplane
  • drink wine/beer/liquor on occasion
  • wrestling with the kids
  • sledding

weird questions I know but I am curious... these are things I enjoy or would like to enjoy doing again (god I love me some roller-coasters:p)

yeah good news is now we will actually fit...lol

the drinking part, is not recommended for at least a year....i don't drink now, so this is not an issue for me.... but the rest you should be fine to do once you are healed

not worried about the drinking part so much as I dont drink but on rare occasions anymore anyway.

the Roller coasters and the jarring rides are what I really wanted to know hehehe

a roller coaster ride is what started this different roller coaster of a ride for me!!! I went to six flags with the fam in may 2009 and couldn't fit on the screaming eagle and so I knew I had to do this but it was still not until may 2010 that everything came together and I started my wls surgery journey. So I also asked my surgeon hey this is one thing I will be able to do post op right? and he said Oh YEAH!!! which is awesome because I for one plan on someday getting right back on that ride and finishing it baby!

Hey guys!! Im new to this I just joined thinner times!! I am so glad this was addressed because I was started to think that activities would be limited as well!! But I decided that I will do EVERYTHING I have been limited!! EVEN go on an african safari!!! I refuse to limit myself!! the world is my stage!!!!! Im so excited! I was banded January 14th, 2011 (brandi, the same day as you, we are bandster sisters!!) so I hope this joy doesnt wear off! Although I must add I am starting to get hungry for real food! I am on the full liquid diet untill January 28th! Than I eat "soft foods"! Im starving! today I actually pureed a half a cup of casserole (it was recommended in my bariatric book!) it actually wasnt disgusting!! any advice? Recipes?

I can do this!!!

Hey guys!! Im new to this I just joined thinner times!! I am so glad this was addressed because I was started to think that activities would be limited as well!! But I decided that I will do EVERYTHING I have been limited!! EVEN go on an african safari!!! I refuse to limit myself!! the world is my stage!!!!! Im so excited! I was banded January 14th, 2011 (brandi, the same day as you, we are bandster sisters!!) so I hope this joy doesnt wear off! Although I must add I am starting to get hungry for real food! I am on the full liquid diet untill January 28th! Than I eat "soft foods"! Im starving! today I actually pureed a half a cup of casserole (it was recommended in my bariatric book!) it actually wasnt disgusting!! any advice? Recipes?

I have done/do all the above. My friends have gone sky diving, I went bungee jumping. I haven't heard of anyone that had a band slip due to excessive movements. With gastric bypass, we're stapled and sutured back together. With any abdominal surgery, there is a good chance of getting a hernia.