vbcoach

Did your bra make you uncomfortable?

It has web 1 week since I was banded and my bra drives me crazy. It seems to add a lot of pressure. I guess from the swelling? Anyone else have this issue? Thanks so much

I had gastric bypass, and yes it irritated me to no end, it was very uncomfortable, so I only wore one when I had to go out in public. It was summer so I could get away with a tank under my comfy clothes. It gets better, and before you know it you'll be needing smaller bras! Hang in there! How are you feeling otherwise?

Thanks for responding! Glad to know it wasn't just me. I'm doing ok just started antibiotics today because they think my port incision might be infected so a little concerned about that. I will be glad when my bloating goes down. I feel uncomfortable. Thanks so much for asking :)!!!

Yes mine did too .. I took the first week off work as I stand all day so I didnt wear a bra for a whole week !!! Then I wonder why I have spaniel ears now lol xx

Try a soft sports bra x

Hope the anitibiotics work fast for you! Take it easy, and wear a smaller tank top for a few days under your shirts! Take care! ;)

Thanks so much for the replies. I think I am going to try a tank top tomorrow under my shirt with no bra. I just hope I don't get spaniel ears lol!

I was banded a week ago and hate my bra even more than pre-op! I don't wear it unless I have too.

I guess this is the time I get to thankful I've always been small in that deptpartment...I have always been able to just wear a tank top under clothes. My problem is my jeans on my waist. If I'm standing it's fine. But sitting too long they hurt. I've been wearing the baggy elastic waist and by time I'm on my way home they are rolled down with my shirt covering my tummy.

i wore 2 tank tops instead of a bra for a few weeks

Are the tank tops more comfortable for you! Hope you are feeling better!

OMG yes i am just a lil over a week out of rny and i cant stand it a) it rubs on one of my incisions and makes it itch to no end B) its just very uncomfy and i feel the pressure of it pressing against my diaphram ( had my hiatal hernia fixed) soo i havent had one on except to go to store one time and back haha

Yes! The tank tops are a miracle!!! I do feel a little weird not wearing one to work. I teach middle school so was a little nervous all the boys would notice. But I've tried to keep a sweater on most of the time. I do feel better the antibiotics are jut now starting to work on the infection and I have an appointment with my dr on Monday. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!! :)

I had the gastric bypass and for about 3 months I would sometimes have to lift up on my bra to release presure. I felt like my food did not want to go down because my bra was to tight if that makes sense. It should get better we all have certain issues that bother us that we had to learn to live with up front but at 8 months out and down 109 pounds I think the tight feeling was well worth it.