~*March 2011 Staplers*~

gum2bear

I am not allowed crackers. :(

I had my surgery on 3/8 and at 4 weeks I can start on regular food. Of course I can't tolerate much so I am still on soft foods. I have ate some crackers in my soup. I have had dumping (from l tsp of peanut butter) and some choking and I am afraid to try anything hard.

I didn't know dumping could be so bad. I had the dry heaves (foam) and abdominal pain for over 2 hours.

home sweet home :D :D

I stayed home lest than 24 hrs and I am back in the hospital. Oh my God i feel so much better. I ha :blink: ve this weird pain at the top joint of my hip socket joint and of course huge hemotema on my liver that is lying on my baby pouch :blink:

I stayed home lest than 24 hrs and I am back in the hospital. Oh my God i feel so much better. I ha :blink: ve this weird pain at the top joint of my hip socket joint and of course huge hemotema on my liver that is lying on my baby pouch :blink:

Prayers for you Coce! I am so glad you are feeling better! :)

Hi CoCe,

I hope you are doing better now. Please keep us updated on your progress. You are most definitely in my prayers.

You are on the losers bench now, so let's enjoy it.

Feel better Coce. I am glad they are taking good care of you!

You sure you aren't just going for the cute young doctors/nurses? ;)

Edited by Newcomforts

Hello Marchers,

I am just getting home after going to the wound clinic at the hospital, Target and Walmart. I am pooped! I am wondering how I will do next week when I go back to work! I am going to try sticking to 8-3 for the first couple of weeks so that I can come home and take a nap everyday. Apparently, a still healing incision takes a lot out of a person.

I took a quick detour at the hospital to the Bariatric Clinic to check in. I am wondering about still getting so much of my protein from shakes at this stage. The program director said it's nothing to worry about and that many people stay on a shake a day forever. This was a relief because I have seen people posting that their docs want them to get most of their protein from actual foods. I am very lucky that I have a shake I like with 30 grams of protein and I bump it up to 38 with eight oz. of milk. It takes the pressure off the rest of the day in terms of protein loading.

My pouch can still be such a fuss-budget. I think of "her" as a little being inside of me- how weird am I?????

Ugh, we've got the stomach bug in our house!! I haven't been able to tolerate much since Tuesday evening. No pills or vitamins, barely water, even. I'm sure I'm dehydrated. Yuck!

I'm a month post op today... Down to 233, yay!! I'm going to take some measurements later, hopefully I'll see a bigger difference!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Is anyone really really tired? I haven't been this fatigued since my pregnancies and am just dragging. I did some reading around the site and think that maybe I'm not getting enough on the vitamin side so I ordered some Celebration Multis and Calcium to replace my Flintstones chewables but would love to know how everyone else is dealing with this (if you are that is...)

Is anyone really really tired? I haven't been this fatigued since my pregnancies and am just dragging. I did some reading around the site and think that maybe I'm not getting enough on the vitamin side so I ordered some Celebration Multis and Calcium to replace my Flintstones chewables but would love to know how everyone else is dealing with this (if you are that is...)

Fatigue for me was my biggest complaint!! I went back to work 3 wks after Surgery, and luckily I have a desk job, but honestly I started feeling better at that 3rd wk mark and better every day since. I was lucky that getting fluids/protein has not been an issue and I think that helps alot. I also reminded myself that my old body had been through some pretty huge changes, and if it needed rest, I had to understand that too. I still find myself going to bed much earlier than pre op, but I really don't mind. I just TVO my fav tv shows !!! :P It's ALL worth it :D

That's good to know...yesterday was three weeks...but man it take everything to stay up past my girls going to bed. BTW...great weight loss, your should be so proud!

i was 3 weeks Monday and still sleep a lot!! Getting a shower requires energy--crazy, this is a new expereince for me. I keep waiting for energy boost--

Does anyone feel their liquid going down and then an aching like when I drink too big a gulp? But then burping will eventually relive it?

I am one week out today. See doctor tomorrow. Holding out on weighing myself till then.

CoCe, sorry you weren't feeling well. I hope its all fixed and healing now.

Anyone feeling regret around now? I sure am...just wondering since we all had it done in March and just wanting to see how many people are as affected as me emotionally one month postop...

I wasn't expecting the emotions.... It's has been a journey. As I sit at panda express and watch my children devour a plate of food and I have one piece of chicken!

I truly believe we are all going to go through Mountains & Oceans of different emotions on this journey of ours.

I was about 10days out when my husband and I went to the movies. As soon as we walked in to the theatre, the smell hit me smack in the face. You know what smell right? The hot buttered movie popcorn :angry: My husband looked at me and said "I'm going to get some popcorn okay?". I mean I know he meant well to ask, but no one knows except other WLS patients what that feels like to not be able to even have a bite. Then I remembered those words I had heard many, many times over my years of WL attempts. "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". It became my mantra :D . I walked up with him and ordered a ice tea, and enjoyed every sip of it. The popcorn still smelled great (it always will), but I know that my life is changing for the better and if I want success, that smelly popped corn is not going to stop me.

That scene is only one example of the many more challenges to come. I believe they will get easier as time goes on.

Hang tough March 2011 Staplers.................we can do this one protein drink at a time !!!

I'm surprised that the smell did not turn you totally off. It does for many. Congrats on a good Will power.

One month out and pretty much the only thing I can keep down is potatoes and cottage cheese, oh and my protein shakes! But potatoes are so much carbs!!! Can't wait to see my dr next week and see if something is wrong with me.

One month out and pretty much the only thing I can keep down is potatoes and cottage cheese, oh and my protein shakes! But potatoes are so much carbs!!! Can't wait to see my dr next week and see if something is wrong with me.

Hi Everyone,

This thread is getting a little too long since we've added an entire forum for March 2011. If you could please continue this discussion on separate topics I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,

John

I miss eating big portions of food. That is the only thing that I wish I could still do. Food was a comfort to me for so long that (especially around this PMS time) I have been cranky to not be able to do it.

However, as my name states, I need to find new comforts to food. Still trying there, but after working out last night, it took the edge off slightly (I swim).

I wish the weight loss process was faster. Yes, I know about 40lbs in one month is fabulous, however I want more NOW. Patience is another virtue I need to work on.

Why are you feeling regret? Do you not feel better yet?

I suppose it prob would be the portion size and some surgary items like ice cream cake...and I miss eating however much fruit that I want. I just also feel like my whole day revolves around eating, vitamins, and protein supplements.