~*March 2011 Staplers*~

gum2bear

I keep having the rebound hunger I hope to get rid of for a while with this surgery. I have been keeping weight between 304 and 309. When I saw surgeon in August, I was 306 and he said I needed to lose 15 pounds before surgery. I was losing till October, but have been yoyo-ing ever since. It has been tough just keeping my weight the same. I have been having crazy hunger at night. Crackers and cheese at 10pm adds another pound by morning. I wonder how I will handle the nighttime "head hunger" after surgery.

P.S. Is there anyone who is looking for a WLS buddy in SanDiego? Thanks!

Why would you need to lose15lbs before surgery?

To shrink the liver and make more room for the surgery. The protein shake meal replacement helps to do this. Not all doctors require this. I read many posts of people who never had to lose before surgery.

Oh Okay, yes I was going to another doctor that did and then the doctor now said their is no medical evidence that says you are safer or have better surgical results from shrinking the liver.

I guess it really is doctors preference.

My surgeon has done Thousands of bypass so I guess he knows what's best for me

Surgery booked for March 1st! On day 5 of Optifast! :)

I start Wednesday. I think I'll be glad about it for the first few days.

It is exciting to be losing the weight so quickly when you are following the Optifast prep. I have to say I am not hungry, but your head gets in the way (at least mine does). I don't feel like I have to eat more than I am allowed, but I want to. It's a struggle, but worth it in the end. Good luck to you!

I just got a letter from my insurance that I'm approved!

Meggers, keep up the good work. Head hunger is going to be the worst demon of all but you can do it!

Hi everyone! I am a March as well, March 3!!

Nineset, it looks like you and I sharing our dates :-)

Hi everyone! I am a March as well, March 3!!

Nineset, it looks like you and I sharing our dates :-)

Congratulations! March 3rd is where it's at!

Hello my dear March buddies! I am sooo excited - my surgeon's office just called me & I am now scheduled for surgery March 1st!! Oh my, I'm kinda nervous, I was hoping for surgery in March but I didn't expect it to be on the 1st day of the Month! I can't believe that is only 2 1/2 weeks away! I'm totally excited though! Well I am officially on the March Staplers list. You all are my new family :)

Edited by JuJu81

Thanks Menifee gal! We will be in the hospital at the same time (it's too bad they're different hospitals tho).

Kris - What insurance do you have?

Updated 2/9/11

March 1

NurseJennie

Meggers82

JuJu81

March 2

Menifee gal

March 3

Nineset

Robi

BeanCloe

March 7

Newcomforts

March 8

Timeforme

March 10

Gum2bear

lynzee26

March 14

bobbiecakes74

02rsr

March 15

Chocolatecity

March 31

Ranchopenmom

Thanks Menifee gal! We will be in the hospital at the same time (it's too bad they're different hospitals tho).

Kris - What insurance do you have?

I have Aetna open access.

hello all, just found out today that I tested negative for my hpylori test and was given a 3/1 date, pending insurance approval. I guess its being submitted tomorrrow to bc/bs. Starting my 2 week liquid diet on Tuesday. I'm very excited!! Anyone from the PA/Philadelphia area getting surgery in March??? Congrats..... looking forward to changing my life!!! Add me to the list :)

Hi Shelley73! Welcome to the March list! Just so you know, I too have BC/BS & my approval only took 3 days! I called the insurance directly & they said I was approved. They work pretty quick :D

I am so bummed and stressed right now. My surgeon said I needed to get my PCP to review my EKG before surgery. My PCP emailed me to tell me that I should get a Stress Echo test. I had both my EKG and my ECHO the same day, so why didn't they review it in December? So now here I am less than 3 weeks from Surgery and have to try and get in to the Cardio Dept w/h Kaiser. Good luck on that right? I have no issues with wanted to have everything good before they do the RNY, but I just can't understand why they didn't review this stuff weeks ago and I would have been done with the Stress ECHO by now............UggggggggggHHHHHHHHHHH

Hi there, please add me to your list. My surgery is on 3/7/11, the same as you NewComforts.

Menifee gal - Sorry to hear about all that mess going on. I hope they can get you in & good to go before March 2nd. Keep us posted on your status. Good luck!