SueLaine

~*February 2011 Staplers*~

Brandi, ramble on!!! These are the thoughts I need to hear to get me motivated! Just for today I did not have any cookies, cake or candy and when I did feel like it I talked myselft out of it. You are so right about the addict. Look what happened to the "radio announcer" that's made the headlines the past few days. He was an addict and turned himself around. Keep rambling!! It makess me think!!

I'm another February stapler. I'm 5'4" 250 lbs and 63 years old. I'll be 64 before I get out of the hospital!! I've also been waiting a long time. I got approval and my surgery date in late September, but my doctor was booked solid and the 1st available date was 2/14/11. I have an appt to meet with the anesthesiologist the end of this month and my primary and my surgeon the 2nd of Feb. That's probably when he'll tell me about the 2 week liquid diet. lol My daughter had the lap band done in June 2010 by the same surgeon and he had put her on a 2 week liquid diet before her surgery. I'm not nervous yet, but getting more excited every day. I'm looking forward to being able to walk without my feet hurting (my arches are falling) and wheezing all the time. I miss my high heels!! I want to be able to cross my legs again and sit like a lady instead of a trucker. My daughter and I bought ourselves an elliptical for Christmas. Now I just have to get up the nerve to get on it. lol Lots of luck to us all.

Hey yall, it is my birthday today!! This surgery (less than a month from now) is going to be the best birthday present I could have ever given myself!!;)

UPDATE

NewComforts - 2/2

SueLaine - 2/3 5'2" 325 28

Chrissyjae - 2/7 5'4" 270 37

Gnaed - 2/14 5'3" 246 48

Nicetydi - 2/14 5'4" 250 64

Ready2BALoser - 2/14 291 5'5" 37

Sandiv - 2/16 5'1 222 38

Lightbulb - 2/21 5'5" 230 58

Welcome to our newest February Stapler - Nicetydi! Glad you're making the journey with us.

Happy Birthday Sue! It's going to be a rough start to your new year BUT oh how amazing you'll be in just a few short months!! You're adding another 10-20 years to your life!!

That's three of us now on Valentine's Day.

I'm on day 3 of Medifast and I'm going to be on it for 6 weeks. I keep having this fear that by the time the surgery date comes they're going to say I don't weigh enough anymore. In 5 more pounds I'll be done with the 10% I have to lose before surgery.

I think I'm going to just keep convincing myself that I can't ever eat certain things again and not even try for moderation. I just hope I can stick to that when push comes to shove.

Gnaed - do you know how to make a "signature" for the bottom of your posts? Like mine has dates and my name, etc. Gnaed sounds like it should be pronounced gonad and I'm sure that's not your name.

Anyway, to everyone who is doing Medifast, I have to admit that's one "diet" that I've never heard of. What it is? What do you have to eat?

Gnaed, I think we'll be fine. It's great that you're already at your 10% goal weight. You've been working hard! I'm so scared of "dumping" that I don't think I'll even try to cheat. I just have to tell myself that I am never going to have sweets again. I've had 63 years of them and look where they got me. lol My biggest loss will be breaking up with my very good friends, Ben & Jerry! We won't be able to hang out any more.

Lightbulb, thank you for the welcome. I've been lurking around this site for some time now and am learning some very useful tips. I'm glad I found it.

Nicetydi - what's your real name if you're willing to share and do YOU know how to make a signature after your post? It's actually very simple and you can put anything there that you want. If you need help, let me know. I'm still learning the ropes around here. You CAN teach an old dog new tricks.

I know it's hard dealing with all this and yes I have wanted to stop it and been all over emotionally, I still am. Don't give or let them wear you down. Doesn't the saying go, good thngs happen to those who wait? That will be you, good things are going to happen.

Hi Annette, my name is Dianne. No, I don't know how to make a signature and would appreciate any help you can give me. I have been trying to upload a picture too, but it keeps failing. I think there's too many pixels or kilobytes or something. I don't know how to reduce it. I'm still learning the ropes also. I may as well learn as much as I can, cause I'll be around a while. ;)

I actually used to answer to "gonad" on the Weight Watcher's Forum because others read it that way, too. It's actually part of my last name, backwards.

I'm not quite at 10% but I can't imagine it's going to take very long on Medifast. Medifast is a doctor supervised diet where you eat their food 4 times a day and a lean and green meal once a day. My doctor's office only provides the shakes so I'm having 4 shakes a day plus a spinach salad with 4 ounces of lean meat or salmon and broccoli or something similar. I'll be on it for 6 weeks in hopes of losing the ten percent (but I've already lost 21 of the 25 pounds) required by both the insurance company and the doctor's office with the added goal of shrinking the liver. Each shake is 110 calories.

Karen

To Dianne and Karen and whoever else doesn't have a signature, it's quite easy.

On the top of your screen you will see a green bar right above the thicker orange bar. On the left you'll see the words "My Account". Click on that and it will take you to a screen that has a blue bar down the left side that says "Your Control Panel". Slide down to the words in black "Setting and Options" and then a bit further down to "Edit Signature". That's where you can put your name and anything else. And you can futz around with the size of the type and the color and bold and italics, etc., etc. I'm still trying to figure out how to put a ticker tape below as well as a fancy thinga-ma-jig. When I figure that out, I'll let you know.

Any questions, just ask.

The ticker tapes are a pain!! All you can do is add an image of your ticker to your signature which means everytime you update your ticker you have to also update the image of your ticker on your profile... I wish it was like most pages and forums where it let you post the actual ticker which would update itself!!!

Okay, Annette,

Just for you I stopped being lazy and got my 'round toit and picked a picture and all that fun stuff.

Now to go make myself a lovely frosty Medifast shake.

hello there , am having my surgery in 21-2-2011

wish it was before but this date fit me and my doc..

happy to meet u

Welcome to our ever growing little group.....

Ok, to all my fellow February Staplers...as of today all my pre-op appointments are done...well, almost. I have to follow up with Nutritionist in 2 weeks...I have to get my supplements and vitamins and take them for her to approve...but all my tests and evaluations are done, and everyone has cleared me!!!!!! So, now I am just waiting. I don't have to do anything before the surgery, until the day before...at that point I am on a clear liquid diet....until then I am to try different protein shakes to see what I like, and I am to "practice" sipping liquids..I am also to practice not drinking and eating at the same time (which will be hard for me...but i can do it)...I have to get 64 oz of fluids a day...start taking vitamins.....in general...do a practice run on what life will be like..I am start cutting out caffeine and sugar....start cutting out fast and fried foods.....start breaking some of those addictions...so i wont crave them as much...or feel even worse after the surgery....

I am excited....and committed....getting really close....little over 5 weeks...WOW!!!!

Hi Guys!

Just got done with my Psych Evaluation. It was so nice and teh doctor was so reasurring. She said that she approves of me having this surgery. Next Thursday, I go see the Surgeon for my consultation. Cross your fingers that everything goes well! I just wish my PCP's office would call me back to schedule my other tests! This makes the 3rd day in a row that I have called with no answer back!

I think you should call your PCP office and ask for the manager...that is a little ridiculous 3 days without a call back....my goodness what if it were an emergency.....I ran 2 medical office for many years...and I would have wanted to know if my staff was slacking off like that..... occasionally they did :) but not to often...thank goodness I was blessed with an awesome team!!!

I just called again and the nurse said, "Oh yeah, I was getting your messages and sent them to scheduling. I wonder why they didn't call you back" Ugh! So irritated. I am now going in on Tuesday to get all my tests ran. I'm excited. Just that much closer!

Hello all. I'm scheduled for my surgery on Feb. 9th. I'm looking forward to the change, but I haven't heard from my dietician when they want me to start my pre-surgery diet yet... that has me a little anxious.

All surgeons are so different. I don't have to do a pre-surgery diet...other than the day before surgery...that day is all clear liquid...but I don't have to do like a 2 week liquid diet like some I have seen on here.

My NUT told me she thought that would cause a person to be malnurished before surgery.....she also said maybe they had to loose some weight before allowed to have surgery...like i know some ins companies require it...but I only have to do the one day of clear liquids...

My NUT did give me some assignments...of things to start working on now...and I have to meet her again in 2 weeks to see how I am doing...so I am starting a journal tomorrow...that she gave me :)

I'm a little envious of the no pre-op diet thing as I work my way through my second medifast shake of the day.

Just learned that my sister is going to come and stay with me for surgery week. That will take a lot of the pressure off my husband so he can go to work without worrying about me.

Okay, I found my pre-op sheets. I stay on Medifast and a meal until 3 days before surgery. Then I go to just Medifast for S-3 (Surgery -3 days, and so on) and S-2 with 1/2 bottle of Magnesium Citrate each of those days. On S-1 I go to sugar free clear liquids.

Edited by gnaed
Looked up the pre-op details

I'm getting mine done on February 1, 2011. I just barely started the process in December....so it's all going a little too fast for me. I am sooooo scared of how this will affect me even though I know it's for my own good;). Anyone else out there as scared as I am?