Tigergal71

Imitation Crab

Do any of you eat this?? I have been tempted twice now to buy it. Crab is fine, as are most fish, for me at this stage, but not sure where "Imitation Crab" actually falls. It's some sort of whitefish flavored, right??

I'm DYING for more variety!!! LOL

i just bought some the other day, and about half a stick sits well in my pouch.

imitation crab is usually just a whitefish or pollock. but very tasty!

I love it and eat it all the time :)

Ditto... I love it too. But, I have not had it in a while and am not sure on the protein content?

Now I am thinking about it and will probably get it on my next grocery store visit :)

But, is the protein good for imatation crab? I hope it is!

i believe it is six grams of protein for a single serving. not sure what the serving size is though.. i think 2 sticks? :confused:

Well, the grocery store is on my list of to-do's so I will find out :) As now I am cravig it and will get it :) hehhehehe

:)

im picking this up tomorrow when i go shopping. i need something new, and Ralph hasn't been agreeing w/too much of what I eat lately.

fyi: Ralph is my pouch!

i believe it is six grams of protein for a single serving. not sure what the serving size is though.. i think 2 sticks? :confused:

This is something you definately need to weigh - not all sticks are created equal.

3oz of imitation crab has 81 cals, 6.5g protein.

I dont buy sticks but I buy once in a while (for variety) a tub of it and make crab salad..I like it...

i had some tonight!! i wanted the real crab but it looked weird in the jar so i got imitation But i will tell you real crab has more protein !!

How 'processed' is imatation crab? I know for the first month I would get SO sick eating anyting remotely processed.. Now, I am okay - but WHOA my first experience with that was AWFUL!

Hubby and I are at Costco - they have food cooking stations and I tried what was supposed to be a true chicken nugget with next to no 'processing'. OMG. I could not run to the bathroom fast enough! And Costco is huge!

It not a good choice. Its just like any other processed food. Added sugars and calories that, I/we don't need or should get else where.

I wouldn't go so far to say it's not a "good" choice.

Real crab is expensive and here's nothing wrong with eating the occasional meal/snack of imitation crab.

I have tried it a couple times, but it doesn't sit well with me. I think it is because it is dry, and I don't mix anything with it. It is only fish, but a lot of additives in it......

adding some mayo, dill, and celery to it might make it work better for me....now I am hungry, and all I have is crystal light......boo hoo

I LOVE it, I eat it at least once a week. I make crab salad with celery, mayo and a dash of malt vinegar....yummy.

I also make crab dip with a small amt of chopped onion and RF cream cheese and fage yougurt....yummy.

Some days I eat it with cocktail sauce...and last night I treated myself to a small amount of melted butter and ate dipped in the butter....super yummy.

My Nut said I should try to stay with the crab legs but I find I can eat 3 oz of the crab sticks or 1 oz of chicken/meat (yuck).