? about showering

I am allowed to shower, but not sure about cleansing the incision areas. ARe we allowed to cleanse the wounds? THey never did say to stay away from them, or to go for it.

Thanks for any info

I personally was told to just allow water to run over them and pat dry and I healed just fine. If soap from other parts came in contact it was no big deal.

ok thanks. I was thinking that I Would do it that way, so I am glad that you did. i have hepicleanse so if the soap runs over, i am not to worried as it is the pre surgical cleansing soap. THanks again!!

With both my original lap. RNY and open abdominal surgery(s), I was allowed to shower the day after in hospital.

They just told me not to have a bath, hot tub or swimming pool for 4 weeks.

My doc's office told me just shower like usual but not to scrub/wash the incisions.....if soap/shampoo "suds" ran over them, just rinse off and pat dry.

I had absolutely no issues.........

Good luck!

Nancy:)

I was also told to just let the water run over them and pat dry. I did this for the first 2 weeks when I showered and has no problems healing at all. Michelle

I showere in the hospital but I had an adhesive skin over them. do you have that? if so you are good to go. shower away!

I showere in the hospital but I had an adhesive skin over them. do you have that? if so you are good to go. shower away!

I do. BUT I found I itched two if them right off last night. thnk goodness it doesn't even look like i had an incision there. Must be healing really fast. I do have one I am worried about, the biggest one, so i have an appt tomorrow.