* ~ January 2011 Staplers ~ *

Lileee

Hi everyone,

Checking in after an eight day trip, eating in restaurants and at parties, etc. My weight was stalled when we left but I lost three pounds on the trip!!!! Makes me think maybe I wasn't eating enough before. I log all my food but that fell by the wayside on the trip. Hopefully the trip ended my stall and the weight loss will continue. I have my 2 month checkup with the surgeon and I would really like to go in there down 50.

Keep up the good work everyone!!

Hi everyone,

Checking in after an eight day trip, eating in restaurants and at parties, etc. My weight was stalled when we left but I lost three pounds on the trip!!!! Makes me think maybe I wasn't eating enough before. I log all my food but that fell by the wayside on the trip. Hopefully the trip ended my stall and the weight loss will continue. I have my 2 month checkup with the surgeon and I would really like to go in there down 50.

Keep up the good work everyone!!

I think what is also important to note is we get comfortable with the foods we eat. We sometimes need to change it up and do some things we think we shouldnt in order to stoke the metabolism. I have read the anology that our metabolisms are like a fire....you have to throw fuel on it to get it to burn hotter....but if you thought too much on it...you can burn it out.

Edited by pharmscott

I'm finally home.. I had about 6 inches removed of my bowel removed. I was taken to the emergency room with what they thought was appendicitis. Ct scan, xrays, blood tests, all leaned towards that as adignaosis. So wednesday morning, I was off to the OR. And they had a surprise coming. It wasn't my appendix, it was my bowel, just before the colon, had a ulceration in it. Left unattended I would have continued to get sicker and sicker until I died. Thank God I went in..... It's gone now, will know why later this week, and will get my 10 staples out in the next week.

My weight went from 223 to 239... mostly water, so I hope it goes back down quickly. I look pregnant again, my tummy is all swollen.

Teri

Iloveachildwithcp, you've had quite a ride lately. Glad that everything seems to be smoothing out and you can concentrate again on the important things. Keep us informed.

I'm finally home.. I had about 6 inches removed of my bowel removed. I was taken to the emergency room with what they thought was appendicitis. Ct scan, xrays, blood tests, all leaned towards that as adignaosis. So wednesday morning, I was off to the OR. And they had a surprise coming. It wasn't my appendix, it was my bowel, just before the colon, had a ulceration in it. Left unattended I would have continued to get sicker and sicker until I died. Thank God I went in..... It's gone now, will know why later this week, and will get my 10 staples out in the next week.

My weight went from 223 to 239... mostly water, so I hope it goes back down quickly. I look pregnant again, my tummy is all swollen.

Teri

Oh my Teri! You sure have been through alot lately! Glad that you are home and recovering. Take it easy and take care of yourself!

Amazing as that sounds... I lost 9 pounds yesterday.. fluid purely. I am as of this morning 230.0 pounds... that is 9.? down from yesterday. I've been peeing a ton. TMI. Still waiting for that magical first bm. IF I haven't had one by tuesday I have to call my surgeon, and go infor another ct scan.

I learned something through this... IF you have to drink the contrast stuff for a ct scan, you have to tell them you're bariatric rny patient. There is no way you can physically drink 900 mls of that stuff in an hour. They have a condensed one that is 300 ml. You have to drink that in an hour and it's difficult. That's like 10 ounces. And they gave me an hour and a half. I managed it, and it was REALLY supper biter.

My hospital (same hospital I had rny at) kept serving me sugared ice cream, bread, high carb foods. Sugary stuff... and SODA. When I call my dietician this week (to reschedule my appt that was last wednesday), I'll tell her of my experiences.

I am not feeling as poorly as I expected with bowel surgery. I am still taking pain medication. Serious pain medication. After my rny, I came home on oxycontin 5 mgs every 4 hours. Now I'm on oxycontin 10 mgs every 4 hours.... and not as needed. For another week. I will be doing it as needed. I'm strong willed. Taking the 10 mgs put me to sleep. I have children, and chores to do. Yes I'm going at it slowly, but I have to step back into my daily life. To a watered down degree.... I'm talking myself into it... can you tell?

teri

That's weird I had a CT scan 3 weeks out. I had no trouble drinking the 900 in a hour other then it tasted bad. But your right the hospital did give me way to much food. And a chicken quesidilla which they said was the stage 4 diet. But I didn't feel right eating a tortilla. And the pudding wasn't sugar free. One bite and I could taste that.

Teri, I hope you get to feeling better soon and your life gets back to somewhat normal. But with kids I know normal is relative. :-)

Amazing as that sounds... I lost 9 pounds yesterday.. fluid purely. I am as of this morning 230.0 pounds... that is 9.? down from yesterday. I've been peeing a ton. TMI. Still waiting for that magical first bm. IF I haven't had one by tuesday I have to call my surgeon, and go infor another ct scan.

I learned something through this... IF you have to drink the contrast stuff for a ct scan, you have to tell them you're bariatric rny patient. There is no way you can physically drink 900 mls of that stuff in an hour. They have a condensed one that is 300 ml. You have to drink that in an hour and it's difficult. That's like 10 ounces. And they gave me an hour and a half. I managed it, and it was REALLY supper biter.

My hospital (same hospital I had rny at) kept serving me sugared ice cream, bread, high carb foods. Sugary stuff... and SODA. When I call my dietician this week (to reschedule my appt that was last wednesday), I'll tell her of my experiences.

I am not feeling as poorly as I expected with bowel surgery. I am still taking pain medication. Serious pain medication. After my rny, I came home on oxycontin 5 mgs every 4 hours. Now I'm on oxycontin 10 mgs every 4 hours.... and not as needed. For another week. I will be doing it as needed. I'm strong willed. Taking the 10 mgs put me to sleep. I have children, and chores to do. Yes I'm going at it slowly, but I have to step back into my daily life. To a watered down degree.... I'm talking myself into it... can you tell?

teri

Teri,

You are a REAL trooper. Take care of you!

Terri sorry you have had such a hard time I hope you feel better soon!

I am having like hunger pangs and I do not feel full after I eat.. does anyone know why this may be ? I am only eating two ounces at a time....

Some people between weeks 6-8 start having hunger pangs, or what we understand to be hunger pangs. Some do start having hunger pains.

I did it.... I am officially at my lowest weight all time :) 221. Yea me. I beat the band weight in less than 2 months.

teri

I have to mark this day in history! LOL I have finally hit Onderland! Yay! Its been really hard and now I am dealing with Bronchitis, but nothing can make me happier than the scale saying I am less than 200. What a great day!

Congrats. I hit that mark last week and I could not believe. I weighed myself 5 or 6 times just to see the 1.

Kelli

I am 5 weeks out and wondering what food choices others are making so it doesn't get boring. :P

I'm in the same boat as you.. I've had about all the chicken/turkey deli meat I can stand. I also cannot keep protein shakes down so I'm eating cheese alllllll the time.

Anyone else lose like 10-15 lbs the first 3 weeks and then the 4th only lose a couple? That's exactly what happened to me. I realize I can't lose a ton each week and 3 lbs a week turns into 12 a month and that's great, but I thought it would take a bit longer to drop off so suddenly.

Hey Amanda,

Great news. So glad to see your fabulous progress. WOW. I bet you are so excited.

I posted some before and after pictures to my account - 2 months of weight loss.

Great progress Shawn. You can definitely see your weight loss.

I'm 19 pounds away from onederland.... Amanda... Congrats on getting there. I can't even fathom that it's gonna happen.... and soon. The last time I had a 1 in front of my weight I was 17 years old. I just turned 40. Amazing.

Oh, finally had my 6 week post op visit in my surgeon's office. I hate their scales, so I don't use the number. For one thing, once I reach 3 months it's only every 3 months that we're seen. I won't go three months between weigh ins. But the PA (we call him Bob), said he could really see how I've embrassed the bypassed world, and am doing great. I feel as though I am. He was amazed to see me out and about so soon after the bowel resection. Should have known I'm a stubborn old goat. Anyway, I was started on my vitamins. I'm really hating the b12. That stuff is nasty, and to get best benefit you have to hold it under your tongue for 30 seconds. It's really biter. I'm to hold off on iron, and to take special iron. He also took me off protein, but I fear for my hair. :( I am having horrible constipation. I skipped the protein for a day (this is all since my bowel resection), and things were good. So he told me to hold off on it for two weeks. Let my bowel heal longer, before stressing it. So I get what I can through foods, and it is what it is. I have to reschedule yet my NUT appt. That was to have been the morning of my surgery. Wasn't up to seeing her.

I hit 218, so I can finally say good bye to the 220's. Hopefully permanently.

Teri

I'm in the same boat as you.. I've had about all the chicken/turkey deli meat I can stand. I also cannot keep protein shakes down so I'm eating cheese alllllll the time.

Anyone else lose like 10-15 lbs the first 3 weeks and then the 4th only lose a couple? That's exactly what happened to me. I realize I can't lose a ton each week and 3 lbs a week turns into 12 a month and that's great, but I thought it would take a bit longer to drop off so suddenly.

I'm feeling the same way. I had to be on Optifast for four weeks prior and droppped 25 pounds. That being said, I am seven weeks post-op today. I have never dropped a ton of weight in one week. I have been steady at 4-4.5 per week. Including my four week Opitfast, I have dropped 58 pounds. My physician is pleased. He said an average of 3 per week was great. Don't get discouraged. My big weight loss came with the Optifast which shocked my system. Remember, it's a marathon, not a race...and none of us got fat in one day!

Hi fellow Januaryites. I hit the big 50 today! I was really hoping it would be 50 off by today because I have a post-op visit with my surgeon.

Just wish I could figure out how to change my details on this new forum. lol

Have a good day y'all.