Lileee

* ~ January 2011 Staplers ~ *

anyone else having their RNY in January 2011???

MINE is Scheduled for January 10th...! Im So Ready...!!!

Mine is suppose to be mid to end of January. I dont have a date yet, but after lots of disccussion with the girls at the WL center, thats where they see it.

So for now I am doing research, research, research......can hardly wait til I have a firm date!

Good Luck!

Good Luck to YOU too Kim!!! i have been on this Website AND One Other since JUNE and i have learned Sooooooo Much!!! everyone is GREAT and all you have to do is ASK and everyone jumps right in...! :P

I too am waiting for a date early to mid January. My Insurance (Aetna)required me to do a 3 month Doctor Supervised Diet which will be up Dec 17th then we will submit for approval, and my Aetna case worker tells me will be no problem. I just wish it would hurry the heck up. :) I have already done all the pre-op Nut, Psyc, EGD, Sleep Study, etc so I am ready to move on to the next phase of this journey.

I too am hoping to have a surgery date in January. I also have Aetna that requires me to have a 3 month weight loss plan which I started this month, but my coordinator is confident that I will have surgery at the end of January. This whole time I had my mind set on lap band but now I am really having a change of heart. I do not think I will be diciplined enough to be successful with the band. I have always thought I needed to get bypass because I am so overweight. My surgery coordinator thinks I am too young (I'm 27) but I wanted to know what lead you all to choose bypass? I have had more sleepless nights trying to pick the right surgery- more than I had when trying to decide what to name my child! I know I only get one shot to pick a surgery.

Congrats to everybody and I'm praying we all get our surgery's in January! What a way to start off a new year with a new us!

Courtney

I pray i'm getting it done in January I finish my last requirement January 6, which is 6 month supervised diet. If not i will definitely get it done in February

I too am hoping to have a surgery date in January. I also have Aetna that requires me to have a 3 month weight loss plan which I started this month, but my coordinator is confident that I will have surgery at the end of January. This whole time I had my mind set on lap band but now I am really having a change of heart. I do not think I will be diciplined enough to be successful with the band. I have always thought I needed to get bypass because I am so overweight. My surgery coordinator thinks I am too young (I'm 27) but I wanted to know what lead you all to choose bypass? I have had more sleepless nights trying to pick the right surgery- more than I had when trying to decide what to name my child! I know I only get one shot to pick a surgery.

Congrats to everybody and I'm praying we all get our surgery's in January! What a way to start off a new year with a new us!

Courtney

Hey Court! i chose RNY (gastric bypass) because i didnt want to have a Foreign Object set into my body... and you lose weight much slower with them... and sometimes they can SLIP or become Corroded and then you have to have ANOTHER Surgery to fix it or replace it... and That is NOT for ME... No Way!!! i figure since this is going to be the Very 1st Surgery i will have in my entire life - i better make it a Good One and a One Time Only one... you know? Good Luck With YOURS!!! Young or Not... its YOU who gets to decide HOW you live your life... and i think RNY is the way to go :)

Well I just had my psych evaluation done today and he cleared me.... yeah. I think I should be scheduled to get the surgery in January 2011. I hope and pray I do...

January 2011 RNYer here :) Just received my surgery date today! JANUARY 4TH! I started this process a year ago. After 6 month-supervised weight loss, psych evals, endoscopy, classes, meeting with surgeon, exercise therapist, dr. office taking a month to get my paperwork sent off, and approval I am finally HERE. Can't wait. I've never been so excited about anything!!!!Happy New Year!!!!!

I'm waiting on my date as well... but I'm told jan/feb. I'm hoping for Jan, as I'd like to be healing by my birthday of feb 5. I want to be on the loosers bench by then.... I've been waiting long enough.

oh and for what it's worth.... I have a lapband.... I'm junking it. It was not enough of a tool to help me, and keeps slipping. So I'm done. I'm not putting down the band, but it's like being on a lifetime diet, because you're always hungry.

I have finally decided that lap band is not for me. I really want bypass and think I should go with that one but my family is very LOUD with their concerns. I know it's kinda rude but I really want to yell that it's my body so I should do what I want- right?!?! I think bypass with be the best tool to help me be successful in becoming healthy. But it's either bypass of the sleeve. I'm forcing my Mom (who has never had a weight issue) to go with me to my consult with the surgeon in January. Hopefully he can talk some sense in to her.

I hope that goes well for you.

Still waiting on a date... :(

Teri

I have finally decided that lap band is not for me. I really want bypass and think I should go with that one but my family is very LOUD with their concerns. I know it's kinda rude but I really want to yell that it's my body so I should do what I want- right?!?! I think bypass with be the best tool to help me be successful in becoming healthy. But it's either bypass of the sleeve. I'm forcing my Mom (who has never had a weight issue) to go with me to my consult with the surgeon in January. Hopefully he can talk some sense in to her.

I wanted to add, but hesitated... so Here I am again.... My family LOUDLY protested the bypass, and here I am 2 yrs later having to have another surgery to get rid of the band and doing the bypass. And have had to decide I'm doing this for me... not for them!

teri

I have a tentative date set for JANUARY 3RD!!!! I am just waiting on final insurance approval! It would be awesome to have this done and be pretty much healed before I return to work. I was laid off in September and am looking to go back sometime near the end of January or into beginning of Feb. I also start back to college in January but its only 2 nights a week of sitting so I am not too concerned with that!

I am only 25 and my wl center had no problem in me choosing bypass as it is my overall decision that I must live with and maintain! Of course they asked my reasoning and I explained that the sweet tooth and often grazing pushed me towards bypass as the dumping would definitely be a deterrant to those sorts of foods! And must I say, I love my carbs!

Also, I have not told anyone in my family besides my husband and my closest friend due to the fact that I started this process once before and all the negativity pushed mr away from going through with it! I could have been at my goal weight about a year ago and let the negative influence from my (at that time) pcp, and my close family which I relied upon for support! I decided I will tell my family that I will be having the operation whenever I get a permanent date and after my last clinical visit(in about 2 weeks). And decided it was only my family's business to know at that point and no one elses. :)

@Teri- That is my concern too- getting the band and then a few years later needing to do another surgery.

A little update, I have told most of my family and they are now being very supportive. My Mom is now even on board because of all of teh information she has been reading on the surgeries. She understands that bypass will be the best one for me. This has been such a huge relief.

Congrats Christina! I can't wait for January to get here so I can get my new insurance and get this ball rolling! At least by then I will have my weight loss plan done and 3 month diet with the Nut done and her eval. I will just have to book it to get all of my other tests done in a month! Should be easy right?!? lol

anyone else having their RNY in January 2011???

MINE is Scheduled for January 10th...! Im So Ready...!!!

"OH! my goodness!! mine is the very same day! I too can not wait!:DMichelle

I haven't told my family anything, I believe this is for ME! not them and I want me! healthy! my whole family have a weight problem. I know they would not understand thank goodness they all are in another state far from me none of them ever come to visit so I guess if they ever do they will be very suprised! courtjohn do this for you! I had a problem with my husband he wanted me to have the band not the bypass but I have a horrible stomach and no way could I have the band so I went alone and talked with the doctor my self I asked him not to give any information until after the surgery.

I figure what can he say then.

"OH! my goodness!! mine is the very same day! I too can not wait!:DMichelle

Yippeeeeeee!!! CONGRATS!!! it really will be a Happy New Year!!!

I'm another January surgery..... 1-11-11........whooo hooooooo

teri

January 12th is my magic day.

I'm another January surgery..... 1-11-11........whooo hooooooo

teri

Congrats Teri!!!! I am so excited for you!

I wanted to add, but hesitated... so Here I am again.... My family LOUDLY protested the bypass, and here I am 2 yrs later having to have another surgery to get rid of the band and doing the bypass. And have had to decide I'm doing this for me... not for them!

teri

AWSOME YOU GO TERI! doing it for you! is great!!!!:DMy mother is 480 and my SD "aka" sperm donor" father is 400 both have many medical problems, I DO NOT WANT! my mother is not for this but.. it's my body and I do not want what she has so I am doing this for me too! so you go girl! thats a great way to keep your positive thinking xoxox Michelle.:)

Yippeeeeeee!!! CONGRATS!!! it really will be a Happy New Year!!!

Lilleeeee, what time do you have to be at the hospital? they told me at 4 am and my surgery is 7 am! I live 2 hours away from the hospital so I guess no rest for me I wont beable to sleep!!!!Michelle:confused: