Snubby241

Got surgery date and freakin out.

I don't see a bunch of guys posting here, so this whole thing feels

weird to me.

Just erased two entire babbles before posting them. What it gets down

to, for various real reasons, my biggest fear is being left in the

care of my wife. Don't have any other choices though.

I went from being totally psyched up for this when I woke

up this morning to completely down in the pits now.

Just had a big battle with my wife, who was sitting on

her behind playing with her hobby while I was working

on something we were both supposed to be doing.

Not an unusual occurance around here (the lazy bone is not

gender dependent). I can picture falling out of bed, busting

my stiches and my guts flopped all over the floor while she's on

the phone "I'll be there in a minute Honey" :eek:

I'm just about ready to call and cancel the whole thing.

I'd walk out the door and just keep walking, but I'm so fat and gimpy

I wouldn't get far. It's agravating that I can't just go work off my

stress because of the thing that's causing most of my stress.

I just read a post that says California disablity is 66%? I had

heard it was 70%. So now I'm worrying about $$$.

Aren't I supposed to be happy about this?

I wish I had some cheese to go with this whine.

I am so sorry that you're feeling so bad right now! I just found out I was approved for the surgery, and can understand the mood swing - it's a HUGE change in your life, and you're facing some of the stuff that isn't too easy to deal with. But you are absolutely doing the best thing for yourself by having this surgery, and I know you can handle the down sides as well as the up.

You're making a major shift in your marriage by having the procedure, and it's bound to cause all kinds of reactions from your wife. I hope that things will get better and the two of you will be able to face the upcoming changes together. I wish you the best of luck! :o

Hi Snubby,

If you weren't feeling apprehensive we would worry about you. We all went through it. Just think how much better you will feel 3 months down the road. I was so ready to cancel my surgery about 5 times before I went in, but I didn't do it. Mine was 1 year, 2 weeks and 150 pounds ago. Do I regret it? NO WAY!

Take a deep breath....its just the nerves getting to you. Go back and look (or make) a list of the pro's and con's of why you are having the surgery. From what I understand almost everyone goes through this stage of should I do this, can I handle it, am I making the right choice...etc...Only you can answer that, but I do know that you shouldn't make any big decisions when this is such an emotional time. There are a bunch of guys on the site and they are just as supportive as the women...it doesn't matter if we are female or male, we are all dealing with weight and emotional issues related to obesity. So hang in there...read more posts and let us know how you are doing.

Snubby, hang in there, and do this for yourself! Hopefully your wife will step up when push comes to shove and you need her.

On the State Disability Question, I know its 66% but I think it is not taxable for income tax, so it probably works out to about what you take home already since most people loose approx 30% to taxes and other witholdings. Check it out, but I think that is the case.

Good Luck!

Already made up and back on the path.

I used to dig holes in the yard (to put plants in) when I was

frustrated. Not capable of that at the moment. Planning on

a whole new garden with waterfall by the end of next year.:)

Already made up and back on the path.

I used to dig holes in the yard (to put plants in) when I was

frustrated. Not capable of that at the moment. Planning on

a whole new garden with waterfall by the end of next year.:)

Glad to hear you've made up. It's hard when you're making such a drastic change in your life. But, you'll make it and I bet you'll have that garden looking fantastic before you know it!

Hey Snubby Welocme to the family. We have a few gentelmen here. Don't give up on your goal to have this surgery. Remember this is about you. At some point it is going to have to be done, right? I wish there was something I could say to make it better. Have you sat the wife down and explained how important this is to you or what her feelings are? My prayers go out to you. You seem so fustrated. Best of wishes.

It is normal to be worried about everything right before a major life changing event like wls. I'm sure your wife will step up to the plate when it's your health and welfare involved.