Gadabout

Ate too fast. Got sick. Man that hurt!

Yowza. Had some gyro meat and it felt like I ate a loaf of bread. Ouch. The meat should have been okay so I am assuming I ate too fast, which is likely because I was in a hurry to get back to another meeting. First real mistake I know of that I have made and boy did I pay for it. :(

Eating too fast is something I have trouble with......but when I do eat too fast......I pay for it......ouch.

Yeah eating too fast or not chewing enough is a bad thing. The only time I have been sick since surgery when I didn't chew some chicken well enough.

OMG I have this exact problem....I really need to learn to take my time and pace myself eating. It starts off with a tightness in my chest until I can't tolerate it anymore and force myself to throw up. It's so weird because what first pops up is alot of saliva and a bubble of air...then the food comes up...weird (sorry TMI).... but at least I dont have that acidity taste in my mouth afterwards like when I use to throw up after getting drunk in my previous life lol....

OMG I have this exact problem....I really need to learn to take my time and pace myself eating. It starts off with a tightness in my chest until I can't tolerate it anymore and force myself to throw up. It's so weird because what first pops up is alot of saliva and a bubble of air...then the food comes up...weird (sorry TMI).... but at least I dont have that acidity taste in my mouth afterwards like when I use to throw up after getting drunk in my previous life lol....

LOL... I do recall the first time something came back and it was like it was on the way down! WEIRD.

Sounds like a lesson Learned, Gad... your pouch is now the Ruler! lol..

Hope you feel better now!

I havent had any problems with this yet, and sometimes I eat pretty fast when I am busy at work etc. I am so glad!

But now, after reading this, I am scared. I have also never been able to get anything back up if I get nauseous and start heaving, like when I had a stomach bug a few weeks ago. It is still always just the "Foamies"

am I abnormal??

I have had the displeasure of eating too fast twice where the food made a comeback. By the second time I learned my lesson to slow down. 4 months later I am seeing myself eat too fast too so maybe I need to food to make a comeback to graphically remind me to slow down again but maybe I can get myself to slow down with out the extra help.

When it gets stuck it hurts like he**. I had it happen yesterday on chicken. Back to my old habits of eating too fast and there I was gasping for air with a burning pain in my chest as the food slowly passed. Feels like an eternity doesn't it?

I have chewed well and slow since and been fine. Thank goodness it was just a quick problem and something worse did not develop as I am now away from my home area.

Just so you know...eating too fast can really cause problems for you even years out!

Sitting here trying to decide if the pain would go away if I forced it back up or what.. I don't know where the papaya enzymes are.. :/ Tonight has NOT been a good night :(

I get that pain if I eat and then take a sip of milk or water. I know Im not supposed to drink while eating but its a habit I just cant shake. I only take a few sips so its not like Im guzzling down soda like I used to with every meal. When I get the pain it lasts about 5 min and i keep feeling a tiny bubble go up over and over again.. if I walk around I will burp a few times and it goes away. I have learned my lesson. It only takes a couple times to make sure you know what triggers it and you wont do it again!