~*December 2010 Staplers*~

SJack

30 days from today I will be under the knife! CANNOT WAIT. Jack, no liquid diet here either, just the day before. How long is everyone being told they will be in the hospital? I will be in 3 days minimum.

I am so excited, went to the doctor's office to take them some paperwork and while I was waiting in the waiting lounge, my coordinator comes out and asks me to come inside to sign the surgery consent forms. So I asked her that we needed to get a surgery date first before getting all of the forms signed. So she tells me..."We were able to get you in for the 6th of December..." I was not expecting the date to be so soon. She told me that even though the doctor has a very long patient wait list, nobody wants to get their surgery done during the holidays.. So I told her that I had already had my faie share of eating for so many holidays... I am ready to start my new life and start enjoying it without seeing it pass me by :):D:):D

Billyboy, I'm with you. I've had enough holiday eating in my 44 years! My surgery is also scheduled for December 6th but I would do it tomorrow if they let me!

Does anyone else have the feeling that this is not real? I have my hospital pre-op on November 29th and with the doctor on December 1st. It still feels a million years away. Everyone says that the day will come sooner than I think but I am the most impatient person I know. Wish I could go to sleep and wake up on the day of surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11:rolleyes:

Schedule so far...

December

1st:

2nd:

Mamadoll

3ed:

ZHRD64

4th:

5th:

6th:

SJack

HaveFaith

Billyboy

7th:

RainInVa

8th:

9th:

10th:

11th:

12th:

13th:

Corabella

*tasha*

14th:

bambinari

15th:

16th:

17th:

HarperLee

18th:

19th:

20th:

mishy

21st:

22nd:

23ed:

24th:

25th:

26th:

27th:

28th:

29th:

30th:

31st:

Harper - I've been told that I will be there an estimated 2 nights for my surgery. They estimate 2 nights for Lap RNY and a week for open (though I don't really think there are many open ones done unless it's necessary).

They tell me it will be a busy couple of days, as well with trying to intake liquids, getting up and walking around, etc.

Rain - Thanks for the list! I saw in another post that BellaDavis' date is Dec 1st

I got my date: Dec. 22nd. A little later than I would have preferred and I am kinda bummed out that I will be out of sorts for Christmas and my Daughter's Birthday on the 27th, but at least I am getting it in by the end of the year!!

Still unsure whether I'm gonna make December or not! My paperwork goes into insurance for approval on Dec 3, then it's typically about three days to hear back. Then I get scheduled--but the surgeons December calendar is filling up quickly, so wish me lots of luck!!!

**crossing finger, toes, and eyes--while praying and pitching pennies in a well**

Hi Everyone! I am scheduled for a revision from VBG to RNY on December 13 at Virginia Mason in Seattle, WA. I am so excited I could just burst :D

Got my admission letter from the hospital today and a whole pack of information about the hospital including the high quality of the catering :o).

Have to check in at 1pm on 2nd for the Op on the 3rd.

It all seems scarily real and close. Its taken nearly 2 years to get to this point with hassle over the insurance and then getting an infection in my toe which delayed the op by 12 weeks I guess its a bit like going on holiday i don't believe it until i'm in the plane and it takes off.

Guess I won't really believe it finally going to happen until they wheel be down to the theatre

I had my final surgean consult today!! My date is going to be the either 12/14 or 12/16 :eek: It seems soo soon and Im soo excited!!!

Hi Everyone! I am scheduled for surgery on 12/21/10! I am so excited! The way that my program works is, first they schedule you, and THEN they send out your paperwork to insurance. So, I have a date but am still waiting to hear that I am approved. Fingers crossed! Congrats to everyone- hopefully the next few weeks will go by quickly!

Hooray - I'm finally an official December-er! Just got my date - December 16. I was so calm until now. So happy and completely terrified!

Updating the list.... 17 of us so far!

December

1st:

BellaDavis

2nd:

Mamadoll

3ed:

ZHRD64

4th:

5th:

6th:

SJack

HaveFaith

Billyboy

7th:

RainInVa

8th:

9th:

10th:

lisalee

11th:

12th:

13th:

Corabella

*tasha*

daisylou

14th:

bambinari

15th:

16th:

GoodApple

17th:

HarperLee

18th:

19th:

20th:

mishy

21st:

caseydee

22nd:

Superfreaky

23ed:

24th:

25th:

26th:

27th:

28th:

29th:

30th:

31st:

Hi, My name is Stefanie, I was originally scheduled for November 26th , then it was a possibl November 30th, now it is December 3rd. I am so excited. Please add me to the December list! Good luck to you all!

Welcome to all the December folks! We are just days away now. Woo Hoo!!!

I know, when I looked at the calendar this morning all I could think was 'wow, 2 weeks from right now I'll be on my way to the hospital!' I only have 5 days left of work after today due to some vacation time this week and next Friday. I'm crossing my fingers the time goes by fast!

I got my date!!! I am having surgery 12/20/10!:D

Congratulations!! Welcome to the December club.. and to all those who posted above as well!

Does anybody else feel like the reality of the situation set in when you got your date? There is so much to do before you get to this point and I was so busy concentrating on all of that that I suddenly got really nervous when I got my date yesterday! I'm excited too and I'm positive that it's the right choice for me, but I was so calm about the whole thing until I could actually write it on my calendar! :eek:

Does anybody else feel like the reality of the situation set in when you got your date? There is so much to do before you get to this point and I was so busy concentrating on all of that that I suddenly got really nervous when I got my date yesterday! I'm excited too and I'm positive that it's the right choice for me, but I was so calm about the whole thing until I could actually write it on my calendar! :eek:

Yes I can totally relate. Up until you get your date its all about the steps. "I have to go to the psych eval, the dietitian, surgeon, etc" and then you get your date and it's suddenly much more real.

This week especially for me. I've been doing all the paperwork that you should be responsible and do before major surgery like a medical directive and will... but wow that make it 100 times more real for me.