~*December 2010 Staplers*~

Thought it might be time to start a thread for those of us having WLS in December 2010. My surgery date is December 6, 2010? Any other December 2010 Staplers out there?

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought it might be time to start a thread for those of us having WLS in December 2010. My surgery date is December 6, 2010? Any other December 2010 Staplers out there?

I am scheduled for December 17th and I CANNOT WAIT!! Do you have a date SJack?

Posted Images

Nice to meet you HarperLee! I am also very excited for my surgery on the

6th:)! RedgrlDJ - I hope you get your date soon!

Hi, I was scheduled for the 26th November, but my dates been pushed back until the 3rd December. So i thought i would transfer to the december list.

Yup, yup--supposed to get me in the month of December, but no official date yet.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but the doctor's office has said they don't see why they can't get me done before the new year!

Will keep you guys updated.

Hi all! I am scheduled for December 14 at Overlake Hospital in Bellevue. All signs point good for that date but keeping toes crossed that Aetna goes along with it. Andrea

I am also scheduled for December 6th! I have been counting down the days. I'm not sure if that makes it go faster or slower, but I can't help it :rolleyes:

Just waiting for the insurance company but will most likely be in December as well. I CANNOT wait to get my date!!!

I will most likely be December...just got my insurance approval and they will be calling me in the next 3 days to schedule so I don't have an exact date yet. It will be a nice early Christmas present and a way to keep a New Years resolution this year!:D Congratulations to all the December Staplers! Yay us!

Schedule so far...

December

1st:

2nd:

3ed:

ZHRD64

4th:

5th:

6th:

SJack

HaveFaith

7th:

RainInVa

8th:

9th:

10th:

11th:

12th:

13th:

14th:

bambinari

15th:

16th:

17th:

HarperLee

18th:

19th:

20th:

21st:

22nd:

23ed:

24th:

25th:

26th:

27th:

28th:

29th:

30th:

31st:

I was hoping to have my RNY in November but it got bumped. Last week I found out I'm scheduled for 12/13.

Excited and a little scared...it's really, really real now. :D

RainInVa - thanks for putting together the December calendar! Three weeks from today I am having surgery - WOW!! I had totally fallen into the last supper syndrome someone else coined in the forum, but I started this week with new resolve and managed to lose 2 pounds over the weekend . . . now only if I can make it through Thanksgiving without a hitch!

I'm supposed to be submitted tomorrow to insurance and tentative date of surgery is 20Dec. I'll post again when I know for sure. Hopefully within 2 weeks.

I just wanna pop in and wish all of you with December dates good luck and to remember to BREATHE! My one year surgiversary is on December 1st. It's so hard to believe in less than a month I will be one year out.

I went into this rollercoaster ride starting at 370 lbs. Went into surgery at 334 lbs. And today I'm currently sitting at 197 lbs!

Just remember:

1. You WILL gain weight upon leaving the hospital. This is because of all the fluids they pump into you.. so don't run home thinking that because of the first 3+ days of no real eating will give you a dramatic weight loss... It aint happening! lol.

2. Stalls are normal. Losing 30 pounds like clockwork each month isn't. So don't look and compare to others how much weight you've lost. For example.. If Mary lost 20 pounds and you've only lost 5 pounds for the month of February.. it doesn't mean you suck or that something is "broken" ... it just means everyone is different and your body is trying to regulate itself and you will see a drop on the scale sooner or later.. so don't compare your weight loss with others.. just be patient. :)

3. Please don't test yourself so early out. For the entire first month out from surgery I was craving pizza BADLY! I just wanted a friggin' slice of pizza and that's what I thought about day in and day out. But that lil thing called willpower kept me on my toes and I kept chugging along and enjoyed my protein shakes and dr's approved foods. Even if your plan says it's okay to eat "soft mushy foods", mac & cheese is NOT ideal. For obvious reasons lol. Sitting here almost a year out, I can have normal foods again. I can enjoy pizza and the occasional bite of mac & cheese. The different thing this time is, I get FULL off of one (or two) slices of pizza compared to devouring the entire thing like in the past.

I kinda went off on a tangent as you guys can see lol. But I'm so excited for you all going down the same path I did a year ago! If any of you have any questions or anything, feel free to msg me.

Congrats to all of you and the start of a new life!

I am scheduled for December 2nd! Getting pretty excited, how about all of you?

I just wanna pop in and wish all of you with December dates good luck and to remember to BREATHE! My one year surgiversary is on December 1st. It's so hard to believe in less than a month I will be one year out.

I went into this rollercoaster ride starting at 370 lbs. Went into surgery at 334 lbs. And today I'm currently sitting at 197 lbs!

Just remember:

1. You WILL gain weight upon leaving the hospital. This is because of all the fluids they pump into you.. so don't run home thinking that because of the first 3+ days of no real eating will give you a dramatic weight loss... It aint happening! lol.

2. Stalls are normal. Losing 30 pounds like clockwork each month isn't. So don't look and compare to others how much weight you've lost. For example.. If Mary lost 20 pounds and you've only lost 5 pounds for the month of February.. it doesn't mean you suck or that something is "broken" ... it just means everyone is different and your body is trying to regulate itself and you will see a drop on the scale sooner or later.. so don't compare your weight loss with others.. just be patient. :)

3. Please don't test yourself so early out. For the entire first month out from surgery I was craving pizza BADLY! I just wanted a friggin' slice of pizza and that's what I thought about day in and day out. But that lil thing called willpower kept me on my toes and I kept chugging along and enjoyed my protein shakes and dr's approved foods. Even if your plan says it's okay to eat "soft mushy foods", mac & cheese is NOT ideal. For obvious reasons lol. Sitting here almost a year out, I can have normal foods again. I can enjoy pizza and the occasional bite of mac & cheese. The different thing this time is, I get FULL off of one (or two) slices of pizza compared to devouring the entire thing like in the past.

I kinda went off on a tangent as you guys can see lol. But I'm so excited for you all going down the same path I did a year ago! If any of you have any questions or anything, feel free to msg me.

Congrats to all of you and the start of a new life!

You are so sweet to come in with this advice. It is appreciated!!!!!

RainInVa - thanks for putting together the December calendar! Three weeks from today I am having surgery - WOW!! I had totally fallen into the last supper syndrome someone else coined in the forum, but I started this week with new resolve and managed to lose 2 pounds over the weekend . . . now only if I can make it through Thanksgiving without a hitch!

Does your surgeon require the 10 day liquid diet? I will be starting mine on Nov. 22nd so I will be doing it through Thanksgiving. It sounds hard but I think it will be well worth it in the end!

Chrissie23 - thanks so much for your words of encouragement and advise!

Namadoll - no liquid diet here . . . only clear liquids the day before surgery!

Looks like our group is getting bigger!

I'm hoping for a december date as well. I completed my CORE (psych and nutrition classes) today. After that it goes to insurance. I'm hoping that blue cross/blue shield approves quick (as i'm told). I was told from today, it usually takes 4 weeks for the surgery. That puts me around 12/15 but you never know. I m just hoping its not the week of Christmas, I don't want to ruin Christmas for my kids if I'm not feeling well.

I hope to be added to your list :)

I just got my date today! I'm December 13th! That exactly a month before my 25th birthday. I've been going through the process since Feb. and I can't grasp the fact that it is actually happening. I'm so excited, and scared, and nervous! My hands are shaking as I type this. :D:D:D:D