joropa

Post your workout!

Open WOD 3

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 5 minutes of:

Squat clean (165lb / 75kg)/ Jerk (165lb / 75kg)

I did 12 Squat Cleans and 12 Jerks

So 24 reps or 12 rounds Rx

Nice Scott! That is basically what we did as a Cluster the other day, but we did a lot less weight. 165# will be tough for me, but I'll try it this weekend most likely.

LOVE how there are quite a few crossfitters on here!!! YAY for JP and I starting a trend!!!

We are SOOOOOO trendy! ;-)

Rest day today for me. And I took it complete off. Back at the new box on Thursday AM!

jp

Edited by joropa

5 months post-op workout:

35 mins spinning (20 mins then 15 mins at lvl 15 fat burn program)

15 mins threadmill

about 1 hr strength training the usual

30 minutes cardio/cardio burst intervals

10 minutes Abs and Back

WOD

Bear Complex

1 Power Clean

1 Front Squat

1 Push Press

1 Back Squat

1 Push Press

Complete this sequence 7 times keeping hands on the bar to equal 1 round. Complete 5 rounds total, adding weight each round.

Last time I did this WOD was about a year ago. I used 115lbs(which was RX'd) for my last round and pretty much wanted to cry, it was awful. Today I made it to 95lbs, but had to bail mid-way through the 4th round as I got a few really bad back spasms. I hate to DNF a WOD, but I'll just use it as motivation for next time. Much needed rest day tomorrow. I'll be ready for Friday.

Open WOD 3

Squat clean / Jerk

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 5 minutes of:

Squat clean (165lb / 75kg)

Jerk (165lb / 75kg)

Each individual movement counts as 1 rep.

I did 12 Squat Cleans and 12 Jerks

So 24 reps or 12 rounds Rx

Nice job, Scott! I watched my coach do the WOD this morning and it looked awful. He got 22 full rounds which bumped him into the top 25 in the northeast. Of course, that is until Rob Orlando or some of your CFNE guys do the WOD..lol

Well, finally doing my workouts! I have been on my new treadmill almost everday. Im sooo sore.:) I do 30 to 45 min a day, have only missed 4 days in the last two weeks. I finally ran :o Im so happy. I also do free weights. getting on track after three and a half months post op! Till next time. B)

Thirty min treadmill

30 min free weights

25 min bike ride fllowed by

20 step ups

40 knee lifts 1.5lbs anklle weights.

10 min bicycle

7 min tread mill

20 sit to stand

10 min exercise including stretches

10 min warm up exercises.

Followed by 25 min bike ride home.

WOD

Bear Complex

Last time I did this WOD was about a year ago. I used 115lbs(which was RX'd) for my last round and pretty much wanted to cry, it was awful. Today I made it to 95lbs, but had to bail mid-way through the 4th round as I got a few really bad back spasms. I hate to DNF a WOD, but I'll just use it as motivation for next time. Much needed rest day tomorrow. I'll be ready for Friday.

The Bear is tough... No doubt about. Plus coming off of the WOD#3, I'm sure it didn't help. Enjoy the rest day!

Well, finally doing my workouts! I have been on my new treadmill almost everday. Im sooo sore.:) I do 30 to 45 min a day, have only missed 4 days in the last two weeks. I finally ran :o Im so happy. I also do free weights. getting on track after three and a half months post op! Till next time. B)

Thirty min treadmill

30 min free weights

Good Job Maria! Toughest part is getting started and you did that, now you just got to stick with it. In the end it is all worth the sweat!

25 min bike ride fllowed by

20 step ups

40 knee lifts 1.5lbs anklle weights.

10 min bicycle

7 min tread mill

20 sit to stand

10 min exercise including stretches

10 min warm up exercises.

Followed by 25 min bike ride home.

Hey Hychap... Another solid workout. Keep up the hard work. How is your intensity level for the exercises? Are you pushing hard or taking your time?

==== TODAY ====

Warm-up

30 jumping jacks, 10 wall balls, 20 sit-ups, 10 push-ups, 3 - 5 sec Hand Stand holds

Skill

Light Bear Complex

Workout

As many rounds as possible in 12 minutes

5 push-ups

10 sit-ups

15 squats

I think I hit 13 plus 5 push-ups. I always have a hard time counting my reps. Regardless the work was done and the HR monitor had 181 calories for 12 minutes. Not too shabby.

Cash Out

60 sec total L-sits. Took me 6 sets of 10 sec to get it done.

Afterwards I was under 185# for the fourth time this week. That was my goal weight. If I'm under again in the morning, I'm calling goal and changing the profile! Hoot!

jp

yesterday I did W1D2 of couch-2-5k :) I also rode my bike to and from work.

Nice job, Scott! I watched my coach do the WOD this morning and it looked awful. He got 22 full rounds which bumped him into the top 25 in the northeast. Of course, that is until Rob Orlando or some of your CFNE guys do the WOD..lol

It was a great workout, looked a lot easier than it was. I'm hoping for 20 rounds when I give it another shot on Saturday.

I see your back in the box! i like it!

Nice Scott! That is basically what we did as a Cluster the other day, but we did a lot less weight. 165# will be tough for me, but I'll try it this weekend most likely.

We are SOOOOOO trendy! ;-)

Rest day today for me. And I took it complete off. Back at the new box on Thursday AM!

jp

I wouldn't be able to come close to that weight in a cluster. I had to split jerk most of them

going to take a break today but rooting for all of you guys that are working hard at it!

I got a second workout today with the unit physical training.

Mostly running, but did have three sets of sprints as part of a relay race. Also a bunch of body weight exercises. Just over an hour and the HR says 699 calories. Finished off with about 10 mins of jump rope.

jp

1 hour elliptical

10 minutes with hand weights

2 mile bike ride with family

Dynamic warm-up for 20ish minutes followed by

Reps of 20-18-16-14 ... 6-4-2

of

75# Push Press

Wall Ball Squat Cleans with 20# ball

Time: 21:15

Solid workout. Very tired afterwards.

jp

Made the mistake of commenting to the roommate and the best friend about how much I hate rowing and that I was going to conveniently be working on Wednesday for the workout. Well when I showed up yesterday, I got to do it....

GRRRR my own girls threw me under the bus!!

HOWEVER it was great actually

2000 meter row in 8 min 57 sec

Worked on cleans and how to get them correctly. HOWEVER half was through I got scared of them and decided I couldn't do it. Not too sure what that was about... but

Also did 50 knees to elbows (ummm very sore) and then 25 jumping chin ups.

I don't usually participate in this particular thread even though I exercise daily just because my daily exercise is so routine (Jazzercise five days a week -- use of hand weights, resistance bands, exercise ball, and floor work; walking 2 miles, seven days a week). However, today I thought I would change things up a bit (Friday is usually just a walking day). I decided to jog down to the post office to mail some letters, as well as down to City Hall to make my water payment, and then all the way back. I didn't stop once. I came home and tracked my distance on an online pedometer site, and it shows the route I took was 3.2 miles. I haven't run that far of a distance since my junior year in high school (cross country).

I can't believe how good I feel right now! I'm not so sure I will feel the same tomorrow, but it was worth it to have the feeling I have right now...pride. :D

back to the gym today! skipped 2 days...

5 months workout

50 mins spinning (15 mins, 20 mins then 15 mins) at lvl 15 fat burning program

10 mins rowing lvl 7

1 hr strength training (the usual situps, backlifts, chess press, leg curl, lap pulldown, shoulder press etc)

WOD

3 rounds for time

400m run

15 squat snatches 75#

9 Hand-stand push-ups

Scaled the HSPU to the boxes and finished in 14:13. This WOD was short, but I underestimated it a bit and was feeling it by the end.

Yesterday:

40 min eliiptical doing intervals, 20 min recumbent bike, light weights

Today:

40 min on elliptical doing increasingly hard intervals, 15 min treadmill w/ intervals of walking then jogging

Today:

W1D3 of couch-to-5k

I don't usually participate in this particular thread even though I exercise daily just because my daily exercise is so routine (Jazzercise five days a week -- use of hand weights, resistance bands, exercise ball, and floor work; walking 2 miles, seven days a week). However, today I thought I would change things up a bit (Friday is usually just a walking day). I decided to jog down to the post office to mail some letters, as well as down to City Hall to make my water payment, and then all the way back. I didn't stop once. I came home and tracked my distance on an online pedometer site, and it shows the route I took was 3.2 miles. I haven't run that far of a distance since my junior year in high school (cross country).

I can't believe how good I feel right now! I'm not so sure I will feel the same tomorrow, but it was worth it to have the feeling I have right now...pride. :D

Great job Martee! 3.2 miles = 5k. That is pretty darn cool, you should be proud!

I took a rest day. :( Kind of needed as my knee was acting funky. I'm hoping I don't have to hit the cortisone again.

jp

Got to try and use my new rings outside today! :)

Fran

Reps of 21-15-9 of

-- 95# Thrusters

-- Ring Pull-ups

Time 13:37

That is a real slow Fran time, even by my standards, but I think the ring version of the pull-ups slowed me down.

jp

Pics from workout... Not super faltering.

post-6425-0-21600300-1302453282_thumb.jp

post-6425-0-40364600-1302453060_thumb.jp

post-6425-0-58525800-1302453087_thumb.jp

post-6425-0-41613900-1302453228_thumb.jp

post-6425-0-61761500-1302453249_thumb.jp