5x 65#

5x 75#

3x 95#

3x 105#

1x 115#

1x 125#

1x 130#

1x 135#

Followed up with Hand Stands against the wall. Three attempts each lasting ~ 15 seconds.

jp

Good for you Kel - I told myself I'd sign up for a Pilates class when I get under 200lbs :)

Not sure if it matters to you, but there were women that had to be close to 300 lbs there working hard..... admittedly, you would need to do some adjustments to some of the moves, like I did.. (moving the pannus out of the way for example).. unless you're using it as a reward/treat :) But I am not sure you actually NEED to wait till you're at 200 or less to do the pilates and I'm certain that it will help.. I'm definitely feeling some muscles today that even with all the workouts I've been doing I didn't feel before.

I just finished an hour 1/2 on the wii.. I tell you, I have *so* much fun on that thing.. and since it tracks how you are doing each time, you just want to beat your own score so you keep going (or I do anyway! ) If I didn't have other things I needed to do, I probably would still be on it..lol.

Hubby and I are headed to the gym at 5:30 tonight.. :) Not sure what I plan on doing.. fitness center was swamped last night with 'New Years Resolution" newbies.. no offense to them, but I hope they get bored and drop out fast, I don't like fighting them for machines. (I know- bad Kelly!)

I just finished an hour 1/2 on the wii.. I tell you, I have *so* much fun on that thing.. and since it tracks how you are doing each time, you just want to beat your own score so you keep going (or I do anyway! ) If I didn't have other things I needed to do, I probably would still be on it..lol.

Hubby and I are headed to the gym at 5:30 tonight.. :) Not sure what I plan on doing.. fitness center was swamped last night with 'New Years Resolution" newbies.. no offense to them, but I hope they get bored and drop out fast, I don't like fighting them for machines. (I know- bad Kelly!)

Really proud of myself! I'm totally tooting my own horn. Those captains chairs that I posted a link to a few pages back- I started off only being able to do 3 sets of 5... I did 3 sets of 10 tonight!!! Very happy about that.

I did 35 minutes on the stairmaster, using 5 lbs handweights the entire time, to increase my calorie burn. :) Very pleased with the combined workouts today. :)

Yesterday was 30 min of the elliptical, one hour zumba class and 15 min on the treadmill.

Today one hour cardiofunk class

19 weeks out:

postcall workout: 40 min doing harder intervals on elliptical

No workout today- been downing percocets and anti-spasmodics today :( :( Not a good day. The pain has just started to abate....

The boyfriend and I started Crossfit this week and did our baseline workout. That alone kicked my booty! I am SO SO SO sore. My goodness. Looking forward to our first on-ramp class next Tuesday! Woop woop!

Neezy,

Enjoy the classes! They are hard in a sucky kind of way, but they grow on you! Listen to the coaches and scale the workouts to fit your ability. The On-ramp programs are very useful.

===-> Today's Workout at home with the wife <-===

Warm-up: 3 rounds of 10 each of push, dip, squat, good mornings, sit-up

Work out:

Partners alternate rowing 250m and exercise for four rounds. The exercises were Heavy Bag, Knee Strikes, Sit-ups, Heavy Bag.

I was getting the row in ~ 1 min, the wife in ~2. 30 second transitions we were finished in about 16 mins or so.

Cool Down was some stretching.

jp

1st time back to full court basketball in 2.5 years!! Yeah - I so love to do this! Ran 3 games then sat and watched. These guys have known me for 25 years and all were very impressed w/ my weight loss and "how great I looked." So today it was combo: great exercise and a WOW moment!

Edited by wick

1st time back to full court basketball for the first time in 2.5 years!! Yeah - I so love to do this! Ran 3 games then sat and watched. These guys have known me for 25 years and all were very impressed w/ my weight loss and "how great I looked." So toady it was combo: great exercise and a WOW moment!

Awesome Wow Moment, Wick.. Good for you.

I took today off, as I'm still tender internally from yesterday. But- tomorrow is another story- my son said he'll go to the gym in the AM so I'm going with him... and I have pilates in the evening. I'll end up going twice a day most of this week, due to his lack of car situation-- but it's good.

I like this thread. I have not been working out enough at all. I was on a roll and have bacled off from my workouts..

I think it is because my life got a little chaotic and I am now taking it back. Busy life can not mean give up on workout.

I am going to begin wokrkng out again and use this location to post my workouts.

I like this thread. I have not been working out enough at all. I was on a roll and have bacled off from my workouts..

I think it is because my life got a little chaotic and I am now taking it back. Busy life can not mean give up on workout.

I am going to begin wokrkng out again and use this location to post my workouts.

Great! Look forward to your contribution to the fight! :)

== Workout ==

Warm-up 3 reps of 10 x Push, Sit, Squat, Good-mornings, & Shoulder rotations

Work-out

Muted Bench Press reps of 5 (95#), 5 (115#), 3 (135#), 3 (140#), 1 (145#), 1 (150#, 1 (155#), 1 (160#)

Then Deadlift, Rapid-fire for 1 minute at 150# - 33 Reps

jp

Today - I hour zumba class...on tap for tomorrow....30 min of weights and 1 hour aqua fitness (give me knees a break)

First day of workouts:

45 min foudation Tae Bo Billy Blanks dvd, 50 sit ups with 8 lb weight ball 25 squats using exercise ball, 2 sets 20 x back arms,front crunches,side lifts. :eek: I'm 6 weeks post op on monday. See what tomorrow brings..;)

Well I will post my routines.

4 day routines.

Day one: Push Day

Shoulder press 3 sets 10 reps

seated butterfly 3 sets 10 reps

chest press 3 sets 10 reps

deltoids press 3 sets 10 reps

wide chest press 3 sets 10 reps

incline bench 3 sets 10 reps

incline dumbbell press 3 sets 10 reps

butterflies (laying down) 3 sets 10 reps

skull crushers (triceps workout) 3 sets 10 reps

triceps extension 3 sets 10 reps

standing triceps push down 3 sets 10 reps

15-20 min on elliptical = 1.75 - 2.25 miles

stretching

Day Two: legs and back

15 min on elliptical

15 min on recumbent bike

leg extension 3 sets 10 reps (repeat this end of workout)

leg curl 3 sets 10 reps (repeat this end of workout)

hip inductor 3 sets 10 reps (repeat this end of workout)

hip abductor 3 sets 10 reps (repeat this end of workout)

leg press 3 sets 10 reps

hack squat 3sets 10 reps

calf extension 3 sets 12 reps

back extension 3 sets 48 reps

abdominal machine 3 sets 48 reps

stretching

Day Three: pull muscles day

15 min on recumbent bike

lat pull down 3 sets 10 reps

seated row 3 sets 10 reps

machine bicep curl 3 sets 10 reps

dumbbell curls start at 20 set of 10 then 25 then 30 the 35 then 40 then reverse to 35 then 30 then 25 then 20.

then wide seated row 3 sets 10 reps

there are some other I will have to find out the names lol

then stretching

Day Four: Cardio

40 min on elliptical = 4.5 miles

20 min on recumbent bike

15 min on treadmill.

Then repeat.

Chris :eek:

Edited by squall4ever

Apparently during my 3rd game of BB when I got a little tripped/shoved and fell on a fellow player's leg I managed to bruise my ribs on the right! Now I can hardly get up - and I work a 24 hr shift tomorrow! Maybe not seeing the gym for awhile! But it was still fun!!

I posted on Friday that the boyfriend and I had our first baseline workout with Crossfit. Our first on-ramp class is this next Tuesday. And I can barely still walk! I am so sore its just silliness. My thighs burn, my core aches and my back and shoulders just hurt! It's been two days! lol ....the boyfriend tells me to get used to it, and to enjoy the pain/burn of a good workout. Say what!? I am just praying by Tuesday I can even perform another squat and not fall on my face. lol - this is going to be tough!! But I will fight through it.

Neezy it does get better, trust me. My first two weeks were utterly painful, but then your body starts to crave the crazy a$$ workouts.

Hang with it, you won't regret it in a month or two.

Today:

Snow Removal :)

Hanging Power Cleans

As many rounds as possible in 7 minutes

10 Kettlebell Swings (35#)

10 Squats

10 Push-ups

Completed 6 full rounds plus the Swings and Squats of the 7th.

jp

first time in the gym in 3 days..

almost 9 weeks post op:

20mins spinning

15 chest press at 4

2 1/2 years post op~~

Saturday's run was 6 miles 10 min/mile Long-Run Pace

Sunday's run was 45 minutes at 10 min/mile Long-Run pace with 6 sets of 20 seconds of strides. 4.8 miles completed.

Monday will be a rest day from running, but will do core exercises using a stability and medicine ball.

I took today off, as I'm still tender internally from yesterday. But- tomorrow is another story- my son said he'll go to the gym in the AM so I'm going with him... and I have pilates in the evening. I'll end up going twice a day most of this week, due to his lack of car situation-- but it's good.

So, I did it! I did 40 minutes on the stair master, 3 sets of 10 on the captains chair this AM,

60 minutes Pilates, and various upper body strength training this evening.

I'm whipped but feel good :)

2mo 1 day post op

3.18 mile/57 min on the treadmill starting the couch to 5k program!

20 Month Post Op

Standard Warm-up

Work-out was short and brutal:

100 Burpee Pull-ups for time

Completed in 12:28

I can't post links from here, so I'll edit them in tonight, but the Burpee Pull-up is just that. Burpee on the bottom, but jump up, grab the bar and pull-up for one count.

jp

Tonight is my first on-ramp Crossfit class - pray for my survival! lol

Joropa - how many rounds did you do those burpee pull ups in? How long it take you to do 100?

Good luck with the on ramp!

100 Burpee Pulls took me 12:28.

Here is a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCPUS5hYGc4. Tough workout.

For me, I do a pyramid up and down.

Do one Burpee, take one deep breath, do two Burpees take two deep breaths... Up to ten which gives you 55 total Burpees, then back down 9,8,7... for a total of 100. The breathing the same number of the exercise helps keep the heart rate from spiking too bad and lets newbies like us catch our breath! :)

It shouldn't be on the on-ramp! :) But I bet plain old Burpees will!

Let me know how it goes!

jp

Did an extended spin class tonight. Next week she mentioned she might add a strength training class after the spin, since she's combined two separate spin classes into one and will have the time slot open. I'm considering it.

Sore as all get out from pilates last night.. lol.

Ground to Overhead 45

Burpee Box Jumps

So get the bar from the ground to overhead in anyway you can and then do burpee box jumps.

16:51 time

here is an example of a burpee box jump

Here is an example of ground to overhead.