Gadabout

Amazing New Job!

I recently accepted a sales job that I am very excited about. It will triple my current income right away with a base salary and it could do even better in time. You never know with sales but I have always done well with them so I am excited to see what the future holds.

Sadly, I am going to have to move three hours from my wife and my brother who we have custody of. My brother is 18 and a senior in high school and we wanted to make sure he finished the year where he is. It will only be temporary though, and this job will hopefully ensure I can send him to college.

We have been through some terrible times and I sunk into a major depression for a long time. We took in two teenage brothers and then I got really sick with MRSA. Then my wife had a licensing complication and her nursing license could not be renewed because of some paperwork error that was tied up in bureaucratic limbo forever. Long story short we lost our home, our car, and nearly everything else. Ended up in the middle of nowhere in a crappy trailer in the woods.

Finally things got better though and we have been getting by, though just barely.

This job opportunity could give us a chance to finally get ahead. I am very excited. And thanks to my new surgery I have a renewed sense of self confidence that is oh so vital in sales.

Looking forward to the future and dreaming about new possibilities for the first time in a long time.

Congratulations on getting this new job - I hope it is worth the distance that will be put between you and your family. Will this mean a change in your insurance coverage? Will you have a probationary period if you have to switch?

The first thing I thought of when I began reading your post here was about your self-confidence and how it really has improved since you first began writing here. Though I don't always comment, I do read a lot and have been impressed with how you have taken on all of the challenges in your life. Hopefully this new confidence will help you be very successful and can sustain you when you are not at home. Good Luck!

Deb

Thank you. That was very kind of you to say. :)

My wife will still have insurance, although I am curious about what to do in regards to my post op follow up's as I won't be able to see my doctor now. I guess I should give the office a call.

Congratulations! Sounds like your life is finally on an upswing!

Terrific, Gadabout! I hope things continue to get better!

Congratulations! I hope this is just the beginning of many many good things to come!!

AHH Ya know I am very happy for you! you deserve good things! You have been through so much and taken on so much responsibility. This is great news. :) Congrats

Congrats on the new job. You can use the new place as a Mon-Fri place but go home on the weekends. You can also look on the bright side that you can be doing some exercise to help use the alone time you will be having while you are up there. My old job was 75 miles from home but I drove it every day.

Congrats! What an exciting new chapter in all of your lives.

Exciting time in your life! Congratulations

Tomorrow is move day. Moving stuff to new place then my wife takes me to the hotel in Chicago and drops me off for training. Get my company car Monday! Wish it was more masculine. Not too stoked about driving a VW Bug. :P