kaeleesmom914

"Macaphony and Cheese"

I made my Husband and Daughter mac and cheese last night for dinner and searched the internet for a replacement for me. I found this one and thought I would give it a shot. I had never had tofu before and had been wanting to try it. It was pretty great! It definetly helped with the mac and cheese craving. I actually used velveeta instead of cheddar because that is what I was using in the real mac and cheese (it is what hubby likes), but I am sure chedder would be great.

Macaphony and Cheese

That sounds so good. Thanks for sharing :)

hmm might have to try that, ive been craving mac and cheese but cant have the mac...

ive never had tofu...and am a little worried about texture...does it have the texture of pasta when cooked this way?

wow ... well this is something i want to try next week when i'm going to be allowed to have all you listed lol i had been craving mac and cheese through the 4 moths pre-op that i did and never had it because i thought it was too horrible... lol i think this would be a nice convination of what i will be allowed to have next week :) thankyou soooo much! i'm so excited!

Yum, I am saving this one! Have you tried shirataki noodles? Hungry Girl loves them, they are tofu that look like pasta!

Shirataki Noodles, Glucomannan, and Weight Loss - Introduction

They aren't made of tofu - they are made of flour made of some japanese root. They are mainly (somehow) made of dietry fiber - so if you use make sure you drink LOTS of water - wouldn't want to get clogged up. and they have no protein - if it were made of tofu would have protein.

NOT saying it's not worth a go, heck I think I might try it in a few months!

Ingredients: Water, glucomannan (soluble fiber), calcium additive.

Do we have any of the nutritional information? Serving size, calories, protein, carbs, sodium, etc...

I was too lazy to make it pretty, but I did find it:

Serving Size: 1 (184 g)

Servings Per Recipe: 4

Amount Per Serving

% Daily Value

Calories 370.5

Calories from Fat 265

71%

Total Fat 29.5 g

45%

Saturated Fat 16.3 g

81%

Monounsaturated Fat 8.7 g

43%

Polyunsaturated Fat 2.5 g

12%

Trans Fat 0.0 g

0%

Cholesterol 181.8 mg

60%

Sodium 402.5 mg

16%

Potassium 234.7 mg

6%

Magnesium 52.3 mg

2%

Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g

1%

Dietary Fiber 0.8 g

3%

Sugars 1.1 g

4%

Protein 24.6 g

49%

Read more: Rate & Review Low Carb Macaphony And Cheese Recipe - Food.com - 98244

This recipe makes me happy! I have been wanting some mac and cheese and this sounds great. I have started experimenting with tofu, so hope it turns out well. :)

For the "Mac and Cheese" I see lots of fat. The cheddar cheese, the cream. Is this really good for newbies??

If I were making it, I'd use 75% FF Cheddar, FF 1/2&1/2, light tofu and eggbeaters.

I plan to use egg beaters, low fat cheese and 1% milk in mine.