sandie474

Eating habits

I'm curious as to what eating patterns you had before the lapband and what you've had to change.

My typical day goes like this... Small or no breakfast, and if I eat a big lunch, then I don't eat dinner, if I don't eat lunch I eat a big dinner. Dinner is usually around 7pm. I don't snack at all during the day, at night I'll have 1 either little debbie brownie or zinger, or something like that. Now truth be told, what I do eat isn't healthy, your regular... fast food of course, or pork tenderloin, pastas, chicken parm, chick fried steak, etc. But the fact that i don't eat all the time makes me wonder if the lapband would help me any. Am I making any sense? Sorry if I'm rambling.

The lap band will help u with 'QUANTITY EATING ' ...

I eat 5-6 times a day but tiny portions , it wont stop u grazing / snacking or eating wrong foods .

I carnt eat bread , pastries or anything doughy as it get stuck but that suits me fine .

Nor I carnt drink fizzy drinks , again that suits me ...(hurts too much)

We dont suffer dumping syndrome nor malabsorbtion so we can eat sugar & fats and every calorie counts .

Where people go wrong with the band is they eat slider foods so they can get them down easy ... slider foods being things like ice cream , potato crisps, lots of junk food are sliders .

We are meant to stick with good textured foods that keep u full for longer and dont slide down through the band easy ..

So the band is great for portion control ...

hope this helps and if I can help anymore just ask away .

Best regards

Sas xx

Thank you for the info! That does help. I went for my consult yesterday and he said basically the same thing. It just scares me that you have to have the will power to change your habits and follow all these rules. If I had the will power to change my ways - I wouldn't be fat! lol

Thank you for the info! That does help. I went for my consult yesterday and he said basically the same thing. It just scares me that you have to have the will power to change your habits and follow all these rules. If I had the will power to change my ways - I wouldn't be fat! lol

The band will be your guide and will help you Id say 60% of the time but the latter u do have to do .

I didnt have will power until my pre op diet > I guess I knew I had to change or I would fail .

The surgery is just a tool but really does work u just have to learn to live with the band and respect it .

If I can do it > You too can !!!!

Best wishes

Sas x

I'm new to banding - just a little more than a week. And, I have eaten my whole life like you. Actually the band is perfect for eaters like us - if you, like me, eat a lot of food when you do eat. I would eat a yogurt for breakfast - sometimes nothing but cheetos and a candy bar for lunch then a huge portion at dinner, also around 7pm. All of my calories were consumed at once. The lap band prevents that from happening. However, I have been able to eat some "bad" foods - not in my usual quantity though and I've already lost about ten pounds. I vow to do better though because I seriously want to lose 70 more pounds. I'm actually looking forward to my first fill!

I'm new to banding - just a little more than a week. And, I have eaten my whole life like you. Actually the band is perfect for eaters like us - if you, like me, eat a lot of food when you do eat. I would eat a yogurt for breakfast - sometimes nothing but cheetos and a candy bar for lunch then a huge portion at dinner, also around 7pm. All of my calories were consumed at once. The lap band prevents that from happening. However, I have been able to eat some "bad" foods - not in my usual quantity though and I've already lost about ten pounds. I vow to do better though because I seriously want to lose 70 more pounds. I'm actually looking forward to my first fill!

U can get those 70 off I have around 115 pounds off now with the band !

Good luck on your journey xx

Would you mind emailing and letting me know how you do through this process? Not sure if my email is on my profile or not, if not let me know and I'll post it. 2 things that scare the crap out of me at my consult were No Carbonation, he said NONE, and no bread of any kind. Have you found this true? And yes I know, probably shouldn't be eating that but when you start to think how much bread is in everything you eat, I'm wondering if it's possible to cut that out.

Hi Sandie. I started a blog that may interest you. It's more or less a diary of my "journey" with the band. Check it out if you like. My Life as a Blob -- the Lap Band Blogger

Im only 1 month post op banding...but what ive been taught is basically that just because you miss a meal...it doesnt make up when you double up on your next meal that you dont miss. your body can only take so many nutrients at a time...and can only break down fats and sugars so much at a time.

also, with the band so far, i havent missed a meal. infact, now i eat many tiny meals. mostly because if i dont, i start to get somewhat lightheaded...but i am getting full quicker and stay full longer. ive definately saved on my grocery trips haha. However...i havent had any problems with ANY foods yet, even pastas and whatnot...however, i chew my food until its practically liquid.

im happy so far with my result...but if you are considering it, i would just do one thing...dont focus on what you wont be able to eat, that you wont be able to eat a lot of this and that...focus on the goal.

GL!

I've noticed in the past weeks how much I eat at 1 setting, even if it is the only big meal I have in the day. I've thought about all that food blended up in my stomach and how big my stomach must be to fit all that in there. And after that first slice of pizza I think, ok I could stop eating, I'm really not hungry but then I continue to eat 3-4 more pieces. I applaud all of you for being able to do this and get such great results. I think this will eventually be me! Just don't know when yet!

It just scares me that you have to have the will power to change your habits and follow all these rules. If I had the will power to change my ways - I wouldn't be fat! lol

Like u r in my head! :D;)