poet_kelly

saying goodbye

I kind of hate when people make these posts but I'm gonna make it anyway because there are people here that I care about and that have been very kind and helpful to me.

But today is the second time a thread of mine has had to locked. I do not fault the mods for locking them because people were behaving inappropriately. But it seems I cannot post here for support. In the previous thread that was locked, I was posting about a very difficult situation I was dealing with and just asking for support. I got some supportive responses but some very rude, insensitive ones too.

Because of that, I have not asked for much support here since then. I have been turning to other places for support, where people are, you know, supportive.

I posted the information yesterday about getting help with medical bills because I thought that might help someone else. I wasn't even looking for support. But then I get responses that are so inappropriate that the thread has to be locked.

I just see no point in trying to participate in this community anymore.

Of course I didn't post all about caring for my nephew in the post about medical bills initially. It did not seem relevant. If this had been a place to get support, I would have posted about that situation in the past few weeks as I was wrestling with the decision about whether or not to take custody and wondering about how to cope with his very serious problems. But I talked about that on another forum where I did not worry about getting insensitive responses.

But obviously no one knows all about my financial situation but me. So to criticize me for making use a program that I qualify for is just ridiculous.

So goodbye.

Kelly

Edited by cinwa

Oh, please Kelly, dont leave. If I did anything to add to the drama you have my full apology......You have been so helpful to me. I seriously dont know what I would have done w/o you advise.

Please, please try to reconsider. You can set up the ignore button for some on TT.

I am saddened to think that I wont have you to turn to....I know that may sound selfish but please.:(

Kelly,

I have not posted anything much on this site except for maybe once after I had surgery. I would like to say that I enjoy reading your posts and you have put some very helpful and comforting information. I hate to see you go, but I do understand how you feel.

Best of Luck

Jennifer :)

I'm gonna have to agree with Fl Girl. I'd rather you not leave. I know I'm fairly new but the little while I've been here I tend to take your advise as truth over others for some reason, even if it isn't to me. I like how you can always support the advise you give. Like Fl Girl said just ignore those that tend to be rude. That's what I do. I've gotten a few snappy comments but I choose not to response as I owe no one an explanation and neither do you. I agree the additional information was irrelevant as you were just trying to give some helpful info to someone who might need it.

Don't let one rotten apple spoil the pot.

Kelly, hate to see you leave I always know that whatever info you have to give is good and you can supply the data to back it up. We all are going to miss the good advice you have to give and support. I am so sorry that you we're left feeling unsupported in your times of need. I do hate to see you leave but I do wish all the best for you and that you do get the support you feel you need. Thanks for all the times you chimned in on vitamins and helped us all out and on protein. No matter what some may think or say You will be greatly missed.

Kelly,

Although I am a "newbie" and am only 2 weeks post-op I have read your supportive and informative posts since I started on this Board. As a doc I must say that the information you have shared has always been "spot on" and very helpful to "newbie" and "oldbie." It will significantly lower the bar here on TT to see you go. While I'm new to wls sites like TT I am an avid (meaning fanactical) golfer and have been on golf boards for years and have experienced and seen others driven away by the hyper-critical/poorly educated or poorly reared responses from non-thinking members. If you would be able to use the "ignore" function here and stick around it would be a great thing for TT - for those of us here now and for those to come.

Wick

Kelly, I am just going to simply say this............Many people come here looking for your solid advice and value your opinion. If you feel you need to go because people are not giving you the support that you give others, then I wish you well.

Best of Luck to you!

You will be missed by many, but I hope you stay!

Edited by kantonucci

I really hope you change your mind as you will be missed on TT.

I really appreciate your comments and helpful posts!

Edited by ciwi04
Awful Spelling!!!

I hate to see it happen, but I don't blame you.

What a great resource you've been. Your advice on vitamins was always something I could bank on. Once I had to correct both my surgeon's office and my doctor based on what you said -- and not only were you right, you saved me substantial money on my vitamin D.

Good luck, especially with your nephew.

And thanks for all you've done.

Hey Kelly. I just went back and read that thread. I could not be believe what I was reading. I wish you the best of luck, you have responded to my concerns on this thread since day 1, if I can do the same for you please let me know. I wish you the best at this really difficult time. Keep your head up!

Kelly, I do hope you reconsider. As a 2 week post-op member I have learned so much from you. It is always great reading posts from those of you who have"been around the block". I will certainly miss your input.

Judi

Sooo...question? - Why did the thread need to be locked and the person that was causing the riff not just be talked to directly via PM's, warned or even infracted? I know everyone has their opinion and this thread had the 'potential' to get out of hand but I don't see that it actually did. IMHO

Edited by Neezy206

I have to agree ^^^ I think there should of been a different approach and I think the "trouble maker" should of been addressed.

Kelly -

you have given the best advice specifically when it comes to vitamins! I really appreciate your posts as I think they are honest and you re very candid. I hope you will reconsider or maybe even let us know how to contact you.

Sometimes things we share bring out the worst in others. I voiced an opinion on one thread and was blasted by one person. I quit reading or posting for awhile as it is hurtful and it is amazing how much we come to believe in each other. I have a different perspective now.

God bless you for caring for your nephew. It sounds like a tough situation.

Stay in touch -

Robin

I agree with you that some people on this forum go way overboard. I have seen others get blasted for pretty much nothing (I have been blasted before as well and I was agreeing with the person lol).

I agree the offenders need to be kicked off and their threads be delted instead of locking your thread. I hope you reconsider as others have said you have a lot of good advice. My company has a support forum and we can block the offenders and not the thread. So i'm sure it can be done here.

Good luck in your future and take care!

Kelly,

I have so enjoyed your posts and learned so, so much from your advice to others. It'll be sad to not see your name pop up with a resource-filled informative post. All the best to you and I hope you find the support that you need and deserve.

.......My company has a support forum and we can block the offenders and not the thread. So i'm sure it can be done here.

We have that feature here too.

Go to "My Account" (top left) = you'll find the "ignore" feature on the left.

Kelly,

I hope you reconsider and decide to stay. You are a solid resource and a positive contributor.

I was reading those postings yesterday and was appalled at what some people think they can appropropriately say to someone they don't even know. I think the moderator locked the thread in protection of your feelings. That's one of the problems with the anonymity of the board. People feel they can say whatever they want and can hide behind the keyboard and do it. I know at one point, I was flamed for a posting I made and I thought, whoa, back off people.

Think of everyone who has commented on THIS thread, thanking you and appreciating you. Those are the people who matter. Not the ones who are going to use the board for political commentary totally irrelevent to your situation.

If you do go, and I hope you don't, go knowing that many people here have had their journey made significantly simpler due solely on your contributions.

Take care and God bless

Edited by cinwa
removed line likely to generate ill feeling

We have that feature here too.

Go to "My Account" (top left) = you'll find the "ignore" feature on the left.

Thanks for that info. Is there a way where you can actually delete offending comments yet leave it so others can still reply? I have not been on here too long so not sure how things are moderated. Just curious. P.S. I like your new profile picture!

Kelly alot of people depend on you here for your wealth of information. You are like TT's version of Weight Loss Wikipedia.... Don't deny those who want you here that.

Edited by cinwa
to remove quote of previous poster that I deleted

Kelly, I just read the thread you are talking about and have to add that I commend you for taking in your nephew! My inlaws take care of a lady in her 60's with MD and has the mentality of a 12 year old. She has blossomd in their care (even at her age). It takes a lot for a person to do what you are doing. You're a wonderful person!

I have hit ignore for a few people that bother me. But I don't know I need to ignore them until after they've already done something offensive. And one person that I had on ignore recently signed up again under a different name. Of course I did not know they would do that (or be allowed to do that) or know what the new name would be so how could I have ignored them?

Kelly

Thanks for that info. Is there a way where you can actually delete offending comments yet leave it so others can still reply? I have not been on here too long so not sure how things are moderated. Just curious. P.S. I like your new profile picture!

There is no way that a member can delete another members post.

But on the left hand side of someone's post you will find a warning triangle. Click on that and it will permit you to report a post that offends you.

I cannot express how much of a tragedy it is to lose a member like you, Kelly. My sincere wish is that you stay but I understand that you need to do what you need to do for yourself.

The real bummer is that now we lose out on your expansive knowledge. I cannot even begin to relate how much of your knowledge has helped me out and I hate to see it go.

Please consider a return if at some date in the future you should find yourself thinking of us. We will miss you terribly.

I have hit ignore for a few people that bother me. But I don't know I need to ignore them until after they've already done something offensive. And one person that I had on ignore recently signed up again under a different name. Of course I did not know they would do that (or be allowed to do that) or know what the new name would be so how could I have ignored them?

Kelly

You are soooooo much better than that. And you know you are....you dont owe an explanation to anyone. You are not here asking for help....you are giving it.

Edited by cinwa
remove irrelevant part