Tonystark04

Got My Date! Sept 23, 2010!

Wow I got my date this afternoon right when I was leaving work today! I'm scheduled for surgery on September 23rd!!!! I'm crapping bricks right now!!! lol I'm excited and scared at the same time. I go in for pre-admission testing on September 10th and I need to start my 2 week liquid diet prior. So many emotions running through my mind now I'm a bit overwhelmed!.

I just pray that this goes well for me. I couldn't get this surgery done in 2008 due to having scar tissue from my open gall bladder surgery, but I have faith if this surgery is converted into a open surgery everything will turn out fine for me.

Thanks to everyone on TT for being a great support team. I dont know what I would have done without this site.

Thanks!

Jason!

It'sawesome that you have your date! I was just as excited and scared as anyone could be but the TT support helped tremendously. I had surgery 4 days ago and am doing fine - drinking shakes/H2O and walking a lot. You are going to do great.

Congrats on your surgery date Jason and please don't be frightened you will do fine and be on the road to a healthier new you before you know it.

Cathy

Thanks Everyone!

I dont know what's wrong with me lately. I've been under a cloud of doubt ever since I seen that approval letter come in the mail. I guess that's just the jitters.

I'm having trouble finding the basic stuff at Walmart and the supermarket! Can we have the Hunts Snack Pack sugar free pudding? I read that they have about 2g of sugar alcohols, and I wasnt sure if it was a good idea. I'm also having trouble finding sugar free popsicles! Unbelievable!! LOL I seen sugar free popsicle sticks but they also have sugar alcohols. Going crazy over here making sure I have everything lined up :D

Congrats on your date! Just an FYI, it's entirely possible that your taste buds will change after surgery. Be careful of what you stock up on, I can not tell you how much I threw away because it just didn't taste good. Sugar-free pudding is not a clear liquid so having it immediately post-op is not a great idea. I had regular old sugar-free popsicles and Jell-O. Perhaps you can check the website and find distributors in your area. The best thing I did post-op was to take the seasoning packet from lame old Top Ramen and have that instead of broth. I was so sick of broth, it tasted like a Thanksgiving dinner to me! Good luck with everything! :)