Caron

*~* October 2010 Staplers *~*

Hey guys!!! I am been AWOL from the board for awhile and really need to come back here. I have stepped away from the good habits I made immediately after surgery and I am slowly slipping back to my old ways. We were on vacation for the last two weeks and I became a snacking monster!!! Tomorrow is a new day and I am recommitting myself to being the person I want to be not the one my demons are going to make me be.

I am down to 157 from 261 the day of surgery. I was 284 at my heaviest. I am 7 lbs away from my personal goal. My doctor set a goal of 165 for me but I know I can hit the 150!!! I feel amazing but I have trouble connecting the new body to the old mind. But I did hit the beach in a new swimsuit a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it looked good!!! I have done two 5ks but really need to get back to excercising every other day. The Louisiana heat is killing me so I may have to wake up at 5am to get it done!!! So glad to see everyone is doing and looking so great!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Hey guys!!! I am been AWOL from the board for awhile and really need to come back here. I have stepped away from the good habits I made immediately after surgery and I am slowly slipping back to my old ways. We were on vacation for the last two weeks and I became a snacking monster!!! Tomorrow is a new day and I am recommitting myself to being the person I want to be not the one my demons are going to make me be.

I am down to 157 from 261 the day of surgery. I was 284 at my heaviest. I am 7 lbs away from my personal goal. My doctor set a goal of 165 for me but I know I can hit the 150!!! I feel amazing but I have trouble connecting the new body to the old mind. But I did hit the beach in a new swimsuit a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it looked good!!! I have done two 5ks but really need to get back to excercising every other day. The Louisiana heat is killing me so I may have to wake up at 5am to get it done!!! So glad to see everyone is doing and looking so great!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Hi October Groupies,

I had my surgery on Oct.25th so it has been a little over 8 months. I would like to say my surgery has been a success so far. I am down 113 lbs and feeling better than I have in 20 years. I have a new love and appreciation for exercise and don't think I would have accomplished this much if I hadn't worked out daily. My biggest problem now is the hanging skin on my arms and abdomen. Eventually I will have surgery but for now I have to cover it up or be self conscious. I am so proud of all of you and all you have accomplished!!

Melissa

Melissa,

I'm with you with the saggy arm/tummy problems. The arms flap in the breeze, but I've had the tummy pudge since having 2 C-sections many years ago. Now though, it's all hanging skin and not fat.

Hang in there!

Caron

Hi October Groupies,

I had my surgery on Oct.25th so it has been a little over 8 months. I would like to say my surgery has been a success so far. I am down 113 lbs and feeling better than I have in 20 years. I have a new love and appreciation for exercise and don't think I would have accomplished this much if I hadn't worked out daily. My biggest problem now is the hanging skin on my arms and abdomen. Eventually I will have surgery but for now I have to cover it up or be self conscious. I am so proud of all of you and all you have accomplished!!

Melissa

Hey everyone,

I seldom frequent these boards (Sorry, but I found a good fit on "obesity help/lightweights...), and it is certainly nothing personal! I feel very connected to this specific "October thread", and am so happy to hear of everyone's successes ( And bad for some of the setbacks too!).

As a "lightweight", I have evolved from being embarrassed of my inability to get my act together, to EMBRACING my decision to have WLS... I reached goal at about 6 1/2 months post-op, and am now down around 125- 126#. When asked what I weigh (I personally think that is a very personal question.), I usually become "coy", and respond with comments like "I am now back to my junior year of highschool!" or "I have lost a "10 year old." It usually gets a laugh, and I don't have to spell out actual numbers.

I am currently attempting to stabalize my weight, which still slowly trickles downward. I admit openly that I am scared to death of regaining, which I am aware will happen down the road (statistically). Due to wanting a little bounceback room, Both my pcp and surgeon feel that 125 is just fine. I do have a lot of people give their opinion that I have chased "skinny" far enough. I actually get annoyed, because both doctors I consult with are fine with where I am. And I am the person who has to work on getting my "head" healthy for this to be a long term success. I am definitely a work in progress, and really want to be a shining example to the benefits of weight loss surgery. Not sure if all of you get the riot act from people about EVERYONE who chose this route only to have complications or weight regain! I so badly want to be a positive poster child for SUCCESS...

Anyway, Glad I jumped back in this morning, and good luck to ALL you October 2010 STAPLERS in reaching your goals, and to working on the NEW YOU from the inside out! I will be jumping in again again to check on everyone!!!!

Kim

Some thoughts 9 months post op:

1. I'm so thankful everyday that I made the decision to have this surgery.

2. I love being smaller - I can buy clothes in any store - I can sit in any chair - I have tons more stamina - I feel great about my new size.

3. I want to lose 28 more pounds - there are people who think I do not need to lose more weight - I think this is a personal decision. I will be well within a healthy weight limit with that. I do wish I could choose to lose it in certain places and not other places. I have no butt left and my tail bone hurts quite frequently so I would prefer not to lose more weight there.

4. I have loose skin on my arms, my boobs are like deflated balloons, and my legs have loose skin. In spite of this, I'm not sure if plastic surgery is for me. I'm just not into pain and really don't know if I want to put myself through this.

5. I really do not enjoy food that much - it is more to keep me alive than to be enjoyed. I do try to eat what I like but food just isn't an important part of my life anymore.

6. All of my friends and family (with the exception of one person) have been so supportive and for that I'm grateful. To the one person I say - "don't be a hater."

7. I am thankful to God because I entered this whole process in prayer and asked that if this was not the right path for me, that something would be put in my way. That never happened and so here I am today 132 pounds lighter than nine months ago.

Some thoughts 9 months post op:

1. I'm so thankful everyday that I made the decision to have this surgery.

2. I love being smaller - I can buy clothes in any store - I can sit in any chair - I have tons more stamina - I feel great about my new size.

3. I want to lose 28 more pounds - there are people who think I do not need to lose more weight - I think this is a personal decision. I will be well within a healthy weight limit with that. I do wish I could choose to lose it in certain places and not other places. I have no butt left and my tail bone hurts quite frequently so I would prefer not to lose more weight there.

4. I have loose skin on my arms, my boobs are like deflated balloons, and my legs have loose skin. In spite of this, I'm not sure if plastic surgery is for me. I'm just not into pain and really don't know if I want to put myself through this.

5. I really do not enjoy food that much - it is more to keep me alive than to be enjoyed. I do try to eat what I like but food just isn't an important part of my life anymore.

6. All of my friends and family (with the exception of one person) have been so supportive and for that I'm grateful. To the one person I say - "don't be a hater."

7. I am thankful to God because I entered this whole process in prayer and asked that if this was not the right path for me, that something would be put in my way. That never happened and so here I am today 132 pounds lighter than nine months ago.

AMEN to everything you listed above!!! I could have written that post! As for #4, go get a professional fitting for a bra. It made all the difference for me, but at home I won't bend over without a bra when my hubby's in the room! My arms bother me more than anything... true wings!

For me, it was so cool to sit in an airplane seat in May and have the seat belt be TOO BIG! Huge smile on my face with that one!

Keep up the good work!

Caron

Caron,

Where did you go to get professionally fitted for a bra? I'd like to do that myself, but want to go somewhere I will feel comfortable.

Still haven't really figured out how to post pictures all that welll, LOL. Still doing good... down to 184 from highest weight of 298(about 40lbs away from "Ideal"), however, down to size 10/12 depending how things are made. Weight isn't necessarily going down but body is resculpting. Like most, the underarm wings are my biggest issue! Trying to do gym regularly again. Only slight problem is occasional pain in right side which I believe may be gallbladder. Not enough pain to go to doc prior to scheduled appointment, but I will definitely be mentioning. If is gallbladder, probably my own fault because I did not take the Ursidol the whole time I was supposed to have. As long as I have followed the instructions, I have had NO problems.... STILL NO REGRETS!!!! :D

post-13561-0-93311300-1310608694_thumb.j

Hello fellow October Staplers!

All is well here also. I have reached my goal weight of 132. Still thinking I would like to be in the 120's for both wiggle room and to be where I was when I got married. We will see how this goes. Like all of you my arms are my biggest downer. Not sure what my future plans will be for the loose skin but for now, just happy that it is loose :) food is still somewhat gross to me but fortunately and sadly most foods don't bother me. Will make it more of a challenge in the future but right now gives me a little more options when I just don't have the urge to eat. Other than that all is well and so good to hear everyone is doing pretty well except for the few of you that have had some set backs. For this of you that have, I wish you all the best and speedy recoveries!

Cyndie

Well you LOOK great! If I had to play the role of nutritionist, I'd say that you need to INCREASE the amount that you are eating at each meal just a little. 4 ounces is not very much! Your body may be thinking it is in starvation mode and not burning calories as it should. That happened to me last December. My doctor had me add in a few more carbs (Triscuit LF Crackers are easily portable) and add more fruit. How much protein are you getting? Are you walking or working out regularly?

Our bodies are all different, and what works for one person might not work for another. Try a week with increasing just a bit and see what happens.

I am still at 4 ounces a meal. It's what gets me stuffed. I find it a challenge to get in at least 800 calories a day.

Honestly, I hate food now.

Weight loss has picked up a little bit! I'm down 111 pounds. 341 to 230 in 10 months. I guess I can't complain. I can't wait to be under 200! I feel that I am close :D

Now at ten months after surgery and 110 pounds gone. Feeling great... blog entry with before and after pictures here:

10 months as of yesterday, and down 162 lbs!!! This is an AMAZING journey!!!

Hey fellow Octoberians :)

What's up with everyone??? We are approaching our ONE YEAR point, and I was wondering how everything is going!!

Im so excited although i gotta start my Ldiet omg please help me...

Hi Everyone! I cant believe its almost a year. What a trip!!! I am so happy I have done this, no regrets at all. I am down 94 lbs, from size 20 and 2x shirts to size 8 and medium shirts. I feel great and have tons of energy. no more acid reflux or painful feet. People are telling me not to lost anymore. very strange. I still dont feel like I am that skinny until I look at pictures. I guess my brain has to catch up.

How's everyone else???

Edited by rrust101

I can't believe I'm a size Medium now!

img00361201109292106.jpg

OMG...tomorrow is the day! I am so excited...gonna start a log of my journey!!!

It's great to hear from some fellow October 2010 Staplers!

I am down 104.5 pounds and closing in on my goal weight of 140! I am taking drastic measures to get there (14-day liquid protein challenge), but I want my goal weight by my one-year postop visit, which is scheduled for October 13th! My body went into maintenance mode around the 6-month mark. I had to wake it up!

I have gone from wearing 20W pants/2X tops down to size 4/Small tops. Unbelievable!

I still log my food intake, attend bi-monthly support group meetings, and am a frequent visitor to this forum. I have had no complications whatsoever, have been getting good lab results, and enjoying life!

This past year has been amazing!

Hello, October 2010 peeps! Glad to hear from you. I've had a good year... I'm now down 115 pounds, gone from a size 24 to a 12, which is the size I wore in junior high many moons ago. I've been feeling great, trying to get to the gym or at least walk 3 times every week... usually walk about 5 days a week for 30 minutes. I'm SO much more active than I was before, and I'm loving that! Photo attached with my new motorcycle! I have some issues going on with the intestines, but it doesn't seem to be related to the surgery. I'll find out what's going on October 10th when I have a delightful colonoscopy. Wish me luck! I've been stuck at the same weight for about a month, and I'd like to lose about 15 to 20 more pounds. I may have to try Martee's 2 week protein diet and see if that works. But overall, I'm delighted with how things have turned out!

post-12070-0-85174900-1317587969_thumb.j

Wow Ethan, you look FABULOUS!!!!! Way to go!

I can't believe I'm a size Medium now!

img00361201109292106.jpg

Hello, October 2010 peeps! Glad to hear from you. I've had a good year... I'm now down 115 pounds, gone from a size 24 to a 12, which is the size I wore in junior high many moons ago. I've been feeling great, trying to get to the gym or at least walk 3 times every week... usually walk about 5 days a week for 30 minutes. I'm SO much more active than I was before, and I'm loving that! Photo attached with my new motorcycle! I have some issues going on with the intestines, but it doesn't seem to be related to the surgery. I'll find out what's going on October 10th when I have a delightful colonoscopy. Wish me luck! I've been stuck at the same weight for about a month, and I'd like to lose about 15 to 20 more pounds. I may have to try Martee's 2 week protein diet and see if that works. But overall, I'm delighted with how things have turned out!

Holy smokes, Caron...I wouldn't have pegged you as a motorcycle babe! You ARE apparently enjoying life! Good for you!

P.S. I wouldn't recommend my two-week protein diet for anything, but I do have to admit...the scale is finally moving for me! Perhaps a couple days would be enough to shock your system. Always worth a try!

Hi everyone :)

How's everyone doing, here at the 13 month mark?? I've hit another stall :(

BUT, at least I'm not gaining!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone :)

How's everyone doing, here at the 13 month mark?? I've hit another stall :(

BUT, at least I'm not gaining!!!!!!!!!!

Hi There! I am doing great. Down 100 lbs and dont want to lose anymore. Everyone is telling me to stop. so now the dilema is how to do this. I am eating about 900 calories a day and still losing. very slow but still losing. so now I am incorporating smoothies with protein into my day. still cant eat too much meat, mostly beans and soup. I have learned what i can and cant eat. this is still a very strange process but I am very happy I did it. I went from a size 20 to a size 4 and I feel great. My husband wishes I would stop shopping!! hahaha

How's everyone else doing?

I'm doing great! Down about 125 lbs, went from a size 26 pants to a 10. I wore a 12 when I got married exactly 36 years ago, so I'm very happy where I am size-wise. I'm still losing a little each month, and most foods set well with me... except protein shakes! I haven't touched anything sweet since surgery... except for a Skinny Cow ice cream bar every so often. I work out 3-4 times every week, and my energy level is really good. Life is GREAT!

post-12070-0-31791400-1321835418_thumb.j