Songbird

Songbird's Baby Saga....

I agree...seems like time is flying for sure compared to my first pregnancy. Maybe it's having the holidays in the middle this time for me, instead of the summer as I did before...so much to do so little time. Congrats on your hard earned B in your Anatomy class...that's a tough one. And taking a break is definitely good if you can swing it.

I thought I might have a UTI this week too, but I think it's just weird pressure from the baby..because there's no burning, and I don't feel it constantly...just off and on. I would hate to have to give all that up lol...the things you named are like a reason to live hehe.

I'd eat more cranberries and drink more water before I'd cut tea and coffee entirely.

Are you coming up for your second sugar test soon?

Mary K.

Have any of you noticed skin changes? My lips stay dry all the time. I have to constantly keep them moisturized, along with my skin. Anyone else have this problem during pregnancy?

I used to have psoriasis on my arms, but weirdly this year it's gone, but has appeared in a small place on my stomach..go figure. I also have the dry lips..not sure if it's just this cold air or what ;-)

Kelly- wow you have a lot going on. I'm glad you're taking some time off from school with everything else!

I have been off caffeine for several years now since we were TTC then the WLS then pregnancy. I swear Lily dances on my bladder at night. I swear I have to go like every 15 minutes... but no other signs of a UTI and it's only the couple of hours after I go to bed.

Dry skin- yes- especially on my lips. You guys might be interested in this product my sister introduced me to last week:

LUSH -- Bon Bon

I'm waiting to see if santa puts it in my stocking but if not I'm getting it for myself the week after Christmas!

I'll have to check that lip stuff out! Thanks! On top of everything, I have hurt my back...I think from doing prenatal yoga...that's what I get for trying to exercise! LOL! I can't get comfortable. I am literally in pain here at work sitting in my office chair. I brought a towel to give me some support, but it's not helping. I hurt so bad. It feels like I've pulled something. Plus, with this pregnancy I am pretty much mostly belly, so my center of gravity is way off. I don't know what to do. I slept surrounded by pillows last night. I felt like a newborn laying on mommy and daddy's bed. LOL! I can't afford to get a massage or go to the chiropractor. Anyone have suggestions?

Hi Kelly,

With my second pregnancy I spent my last trimester sleeping in a recliner. My husband got one and put it in our room. It was a life saver for me. Hope your pain subsides soon.

That's probably where I might end up! We have a recliner and I lay in it all the time.

Do you have one of those pregnancy pillows that surrounds you?

No, I don't. But I have a bunch of pillows I sometimes use.

I am also pregnant. 17 weeks on Thursday. I've gained 4lbs and this is going to sound stupid but i feel so FAT again. My stomach is pushing out and it's still soft not hard..so it just looks like a bunch of fat. My Dr's keep telling me eat eat eat...but that's a lot harder for me than i thought it would be. I'm not eating enough cause every time i go to the Dr they check my urine and i have large amount of Ketone's, which means I'm hungry. But i don't have hunger pains, so I make sure i'm eating like every few hours but not a lot. I actually scared I'm going to stretch my pouch out and get really big again. Any thoughts?

I'm not really sure what to tell you about that. I eat every few hours, but that is because I get hungry. I would eat a little something every few hours just to make sure you are getting nourishment, or you can even drink protein drinks. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time!

Well, I am now officially 29 weeks! 11 more weeks to go! I am now going to the Dr. every 2 weeks. Next week I get another scan. I love scan day because I can see my baby! The good ole' acid reflux/heartburn has hit hard and heavy. I have to sleep in the recliner most nights or I wake up feeling like my insides are burning in flames. I am not enjoying this part of pregnancy. I'm trying to not eat as much and lay off the spicy foods. I also take Prevacid everyday, so hopefully this won't last the full 11 weeks. Elijah is definitely a lively little kicker. It's weird being skinny and pregnant. I don't remember my first child's kicks being so uncomfortable. My stomach is also stretched to the hilt. My husband said it felt like my stomach was a basketball...there's just no more room to stretch out comfortably. Santa brought my daughter a 4mos. old puppy for Christmas, and I think Elijah likes her. She's about 10lbs and looks really fluffy. When Molly lays on my lap, he doesn't seem to kick as much. I think he likes her warmth. Well, I will update when I have my scan next week!

It sounds like you need to get a puppy for Elijah, too! :)

Don't worry too much, just get on the scale more and try to keep yourself honest. I've gained ten so far, and one of the doctors gave me a lecture at my appointment last week without even looking at my chart. I wrote the practice a note after that I don't want to see that doctor again. If she didn't have 5 minutes to read that I'm post GB, and have a history of anxiety/depression, as well as eating disorders, then she might have known to just keep her mouth shut. Ten pounds at nearly halfway through pregnancy isn't crazy...and neither is your weight gain. Like you say, just try to watch the stuff you wouldn't normally eat, move more over the holidays, and visit the scale every few days...just to keep it real. That's my strategy. Hugs,

Mary

Mary,

I agree with you. 10 lbs at your point is not unrealistic. It is sad that medicine has become such a get them through the door process often these days. Your strategy is practical. Good luck to you, too, on your pregnancy!

~a.

It sounds like you need to get a puppy for Elijah, too! :)

Trust me...Molly is enough puppy for us all! ha ha!

I thought I would post a picture of my baby bedding. I got it for a great deal! I always enter giveaways on money saving/freebie blogs I subscribe to. I won a $25 gift certificate to CSNstores.com. My mom used that and bought the bedding. It was so cheap! Such a blessing from God!

post-10517-12990987427412_thumb.jpg

I thought I would post a picture of my baby bedding. I got it for a great deal! I always enter giveaways on money saving/freebie blogs I subscribe to. I won a $25 gift certificate to CSNstores.com. My mom used that and bought the bedding. It was so cheap! Such a blessing from God!

Is that a picture of your nursery or of a baby furniture showroom???!!! Adorable!

Is that a picture of your nursery or of a baby furniture showroom???!!! Adorable!

I wish that was my nursery! No, that's a picture from the internet.

Kelly- Sounds like you're doing great- except the heart burn of course... hopefully you can get it under control. I love feeling the kicks... except when they are aimed at my bladder!

Well there ladies,

I have finally caught up on all you have been up to. Somehow I stopped receiving notices when I went on vacation and have been so completelly busy that I haven't checked in. Glad you are doing well.

I am 32 weeks as of yesterday! I went to my routine check up today, and everything looks right on schedule! I am so uncomfortable, though. I don't have the room that I used to have with my daughter because I was a little thicker back then! Little man likes to push his little butt up...I'm guessing that's what it is...that's what it feels like, anyways. I can also feel his feet below my chest. He's so cramped, bless his heart! My MIL and BIL came to clean out the house(we are living in my husband's late grandmother's house and a lot of her stuff is still in there.) So, we are literally cleaning to make room for baby!:D I'm starting to get excited, especially after receiving baby clothes and a few gifts from my family and their friends. I haven't had any showers yet, but hopefully that will take place seeing how this is my first boy!:P

Hey! So glad to hear you and baby boy are doing well!!! I am 32 wks tomorrow! Yay us! Baby girl here on my end... saw the doc yesterday and he says she's a little small in the belly area... so I have to up my protein and get this... CARBS! LOL. He said she'll be fine I just have to fatten her up! We are almost ready to put the babies furniture in the nursery... I am getting excited! This is all such a wonderful feeling! Ahhhhh. the life!

I am now 34 weeks as of Tuesday. I went to my check up today, and so far, so good. The baby is measuring great. The only complaint I've had are these headaches I've been having daily for over a week. Since my BP isn't up, the Dr. isn't as concerned, but told me to keep an eye on it. Since I work at the hospital, I can get my bp checked anytime, so that's a blessing. He said it could be due to the fluid changes or sinuses. I think it may be from tension and stress. We are still trying to get everything moved out of Jeff's late grandmother's room so we can move everything in for the baby. I will feel better once that's done. I go next week to get "checked" and get tested for GBS. It's getting close!

I am now 34 weeks as of Tuesday. I went to my check up today, and so far, so good. The baby is measuring great. The only complaint I've had are these headaches I've been having daily for over a week. Since my BP isn't up, the Dr. isn't as concerned, but told me to keep an eye on it. Since I work at the hospital, I can get my bp checked anytime, so that's a blessing. He said it could be due to the fluid changes or sinuses. I think it may be from tension and stress. We are still trying to get everything moved out of Jeff's late grandmother's room so we can move everything in for the baby. I will feel better once that's done. I go next week to get "checked" and get tested for GBS. It's getting close!

It may not seem like it to you, but your 34 weeks has just rushed right by. Before you know it you'll be cuddling your new little one! What a special time, a miracle! :)