Songbird

Songbird's Baby Saga....

I'm due March 30th. I think I may be a week further, because I traced it back, and the week I supposedly "conceived" was when my husband was away with our youth at Youth Camp...and I promise the baby is his since he is the one and ONLY man I've ever had relations with! Although he likes to joke about it...which makes me very upset...

Kelly, Just to let you know my BFF has a 10 month old and we have a running joke that she doesn't know who the father is... could be the electrician, plumber, gardner, pest control guy or a nerd that works at Microsoft. The only think that makes it funny is that her hubby is all those things (a true Mr. Fix-it) and they've done major remodels of their home over the last few years. Hubby's response is always that he hopes the kid gets the looks of the plumber (or whatever) and not his microsoft nerd genes. Their DD is ALL her daddy on the outside (blond, bald, smiling) and all her mommy on the inside (stubborn w/ severe food allergies)

As for conception date, remember those little swimmers can live for 5 days before the egg arrives, so it's really all about when you ovulated. I know exactly when I ovulated (used the pee stick), so I'm keeping my due date no matter what the doctor says!

With my first son I thought his due date was mid July, but ultra sounds and the doctors said he would be August 8. When I finally did go into labor on August 8 ironically, I had an ultra sound in the hospital, and they went into emergency c-section mode...he had hardly any fluid, and was in distress. To this day, I think if they had trusted me when I gave them the due date, my son wouldn't have had an emergency birth...oh well. ;-) Thank goodness he was okay in the end...only 24 hours in the nicu.

Mary K.

Well, I went to the Dr. today for my monthly check up. They did an ultrasound so I could hear the heartbeat. My little baby was kicking and doing flips up a storm!!! It made my heart feel so warm and fuzzy! He was so active, the tech didn't know if she could get the heartbeat. She got it and it was 166! She said that was a really strong heartbeat! I'm so excited!!!!

Kelly - I haven't been on much, so haven't really had time to read all of this. I am so happy for you and your family.

Best of luck to you! Please continue to keep us updated.

Here's my baby at the 10 wk. ultrasound! Such a cute lil' bug!

post-10517-12990986535476_thumb.jpg

So jealous... I have to wait another 11 days for my 8 week u/s. Ugh! It's killing me especially since I have it in my head that maybe it's twins and that's why I'm so much sicker this time!

Hopefully it will go by fast!!!! That would be awesome if it were twins? Are you getting bigger than usual? Sometimes that's a symptom.

Hopefully it will go by fast!!!! That would be awesome if it were twins? Are you getting bigger than usual? Sometimes that's a symptom.

Yes, I'm only 7 weeks and though my weight hasn't changed, my normal pants are too tight so I started wearing marernity yesterday! Yoga pants are perfect for working around the house. :)

love that pic I have my 12 week U/S pic stuck to my work screan I have to scane it into the computer. So glad you are doing well.

Great news on the ultrasound and heartbeat. My first DR. appt is on 9/23, and I'll probably only be 9 weeks. I'm not sure if they will do an ultrasound then or not. Did they do the tummy one or vaginal one?

Mary K.

Great news on the ultrasound and heartbeat. My first DR. appt is on 9/23, and I'll probably only be 9 weeks. I'm not sure if they will do an ultrasound then or not. Did they do the tummy one or vaginal one?

Mary K.

They will probably start w/ tummy, then if they have trouble w/ viewing they'll switch to vaginal. Depends on how you are carrying. :) Last time they had to do vaginal at 6.5 wks, then at 10 they did fine with abdominal, so you could go either way.

They will probably start w/ tummy, then if they have trouble w/ viewing they'll switch to vaginal. Depends on how you are carrying. :) Last time they had to do vaginal at 6.5 wks, then at 10 they did fine with abdominal, so you could go either way.

The will do a vaginal. The uterus is under the pelvic bones until about 10-12 weeks and they can see so much more doing the vaginal one.

Song... I started a thread where I said congratulations.... but I think it didn't load. I'm sorry.

Thanks, gals! At my 5week us they tried to do a stomach one because they thought I was further along. So, they did a pelvic one. It's not too bad, just a bit uncomfortable. I think my husband was more freaked out than I was! Ha ha! They did a stomach one this last time.

Hey Chica, how are you feeling? anything new we should know about?

Love the pic, Kelly. I'm so excited for you...how's the morning sickness?

Hey, girls!!! I'm officially in the 2nd trimester as of yesterday! The morning sickness is over!!!:D Insert me doing the happy dance here! My cravings are crazy. I have been craving Reese's peanut butter cups like crazy! I don't eat them everyday, but I have enjoyed a few. I also crave strawberries and pineapple, so I try to eat more of that. I had a crazy craving for a Big Mac for 3 days. I gave in last night...bad idea! I don't think I'll be eating another one for a while! I'm still hurting! I still don't really look pregnant, but I know in a few weeks that will probably change. My hips hurt like crazy! I guess they are spreading(lovely!) If I get up too quick, I get a sharp pain for a few seconds...gotta love that round ligament pain! I am also fighting the face,neck,chest and back acne really bad. I read online that if you have bad acne it means you are having a boy because of the extra testosterone. Crossing my fingers! Other than that, everything is going well!

Edited by Songbird

Hi Kelly gosh your pregnancy seems to be flying by ... glad the morning sickess has gone luv ...

Hoping your remaining time goes well and u stay healthy ..

Best wishes

Sas xxxx

So glad there is an end in sight with the morning sickness. I started taking Zofran this week just to I can stay hydrated. Really hate this part of the pregnancy, but at least now I have a picture of baby so my eye is on the prize!

Kelly,

I get those same sudden sharp pains in my lower belly when I get up too quick or when I cough. I find holding my stomach helps...kind of like you do after having a C-Section. In fact I'm wondering if the pains are because I had a previous c-section...who knows. I just know it's weird to have ligament pain so early...but then again, they do say after the first kid everything expands/ happens faster. I cannot afford for my hips to "open" up anymore!! I won't be able to fit in a damn airplane seat if they do! I always prided myself on having somewhat normal hips, but after my son was born, that was blown out of the water. Hubby loves the love handles on the hips...me, not so much lol.

Hope the aches and pains go away!

Mary K.

You crack me up, Mary! My professor was actually talking about this very thing last night in my Anatomy/Physiology class. We are learning about the bones. My hips are definitely expanding. I was thicker the last time I was pregnant, so sleeping on my side wasn't a problem. Now, my hips are bonier, so my hips fall asleep quick, which means I'm constantly tossing and turning all night. I didn't sleep well last night. My hips hurt so bad. They were even worse this morning. I'm 13 weeks today, so I guess it's about that time for them to start spreading along...ha ha! I've found that doing the "child's yoga pose" helps. I got it off of my Denise Austin pregnancy dvd. It's going to be a long 6 mos! Ha ha!

Well, I am now 14 weeks...and don't look very pregnant. In fact, so many people feel the need to tell me so. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does. I cannot help that I don't look pregnant. So bug off! LOL! Love those pregnancy hormones! Speaking of that, I want to cry all the time. Any little thing makes me want to cry. It's crazy. I can't even watch a friggin' movie without tearing up! I went to the Dr. today and heard my baby's heartbeat. 140...doing well! I've also gained about 8 lbs. That freaks me out a little, but I'll deal. I go October 29th to find out what we're having! It can't come soon enough!!!

I know how you feel about the crying...commercials, news reports, you name it, I bawl. And maybe the baby not showing bothers you because now that you're thin, you feel like it should show more? Just a thought...but I can understand how it could be annoying. If it makes you feel better, I'm so big and tall, nobody will know I'm pregnant probably til I'm like 7 months...sigh.

I'd just start wearing your maternity tops, the ones that are cut like a babydoll shirt, then you might feel more pregnant and look that way..and people will shut up :-)

You're so lucky to find out end of October...I have to wait probably until Christmas!! How far will you be when you find out?

Mary

Yay for 14 weeks! Is your m/s done?

Don't worry, I figure we'll all "look" pregnant soon enough. Sheesh, remember how small baby still is. :) If we were showing too much now can you imagine how huge we'd be in March?

Thanks, ladies! I'll be 18 weeks when I find out. I'm so excited!!!!

Well, I am now 14 weeks...and don't look very pregnant. In fact, so many people feel the need to tell me so. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does. I cannot help that I don't look pregnant. So bug off! LOL! Love those pregnancy hormones! Speaking of that, I want to cry all the time. Any little thing makes me want to cry. It's crazy. I can't even watch a friggin' movie without tearing up! I went to the Dr. today and heard my baby's heartbeat. 140...doing well! I've also gained about 8 lbs. That freaks me out a little, but I'll deal. I go October 29th to find out what we're having! It can't come soon enough!!!

I didn't start showing until I was almost 7 months pregnant :eek: It upset me sometimes also but I guess I got it from my Mom she didn't show till she was 7 months along with both her kids. Look at it this way you won't have to spend a lot of money on clothes! :P