Songbird

Songbird's Baby Saga....

Well, today I am 5 wks and 6 days pregnant:-) This pregnancy seems different than my last. I do not care for food! Even the thought of crackers makes me want to throw up. I do crave sweets, though...for some strange reason. I'm craving watermelon, too. Other than that...nothing! I have to make myself eat. I also have the urge to pee a lot more often! It hits within a second. If I don't go, I feel like I'm going to wet myself. I don't remember that with my last pregnancy, either. I am becoming more excited. I'm trying to not stress about where we are going to put the baby, how we're going to pay for it, etc. God blessed us with this surprise and so I'm trusting that God will provide.

Fruit was a staple for me when I was pregnant. I also loved hot dogs funny thing is I can't stand hot dogs even the smell makes me want to throw up at times but when I was pregnant I LOVED them & couldn't get enough of them. Its weird what your body does to you.

The main thing I crave is Watermelon...I guess mainly because it feels good when I eat it and doesn't make me want to throw up. I had some mango this morning, too...it was DIVINE!

thats so funny i am 11 weeks prego tomorrow and i swear last week i pretty much ate a whole watermelon all by myself! LOL

i had actully went for a walk and deside to stop by the store on my walk back home and i saw that watermelon and i swear i wanted it SO bad that i actullly carried it all the way home in my purse! haha and we are talking the FULL size watermelon not the tiny seedless kind!

Ha ha! That's funny! I wonder what it is about watermelon! My friend is pregnant and she said she ate a whole watermelon!

Kelly, I craved toast with cream cheese the entire time I was pregnant. Your craving sounds much healthier than mine! :D

I had a watermelon in the fridge, and the temp got turned down and the watermelon partially froze. I cubed it up, and put it in the freezer until it froze solid. I've been making fruit slushies out of it for the last couple of days.

That sounds absolutely amazing! The cream cheese on toast does, too! I've kind of been wanting baked cheetos, too...weird! I had taco bell tonight, which was not the healthiest option. But, healthy things make me want to throw up right now! I've really been craving mashed potatoes and mac n cheese...I guess because they're starchy..

All that is normal.

Once you get out of the first trimester you won't have that urgency to go so much until the third trimester.

Cravings are usually a way of telling your body you need something that is lacking. Watermelon is a common craving in pregnancy. It usually has to do with needing more fluids. Watermelon isn't a bad craving to have either!!! But do be careful it is high in natural sugar. ;)

Yeah, I don't eat a lot of it, but it sure is a nice treat:-) I'm trying to drink as much as I can, but water makes me feel icky...so, I just put my big girl panties on and drink it up! I bought some capri suns, too. They don't have very much sugar, so I thought drinking one a day wouldn't hurt too bad. Is it okay to use crystal light in my water? I know there's controversy on using artificial sweeteners while pregnant....

Yeah, I don't eat a lot of it, but it sure is a nice treat:-) I'm trying to drink as much as I can, but water makes me feel icky...so, I just put my big girl panties on and drink it up! I bought some capri suns, too. They don't have very much sugar, so I thought drinking one a day wouldn't hurt too bad. Is it okay to use crystal light in my water? I know there's controversy on using artificial sweeteners while pregnant....

I used crystal light my whole pregnancy & had no problems & my baby is healthy and happy!

My OB told me to avoid anything with Equal (aspartame), which is what Crystal Light is sweetened with. He did okay Splenda though, in moderate amounts. Look for 4C drink mix, it should be next to the Crystal Light. It tastes just the same, but is sweetened with Splenda.

Personally I would be OK with it in moderation. But I would talk with your doc about what they think.

Have you ever tried Emergan- C. It tastes great and has an extra boost of vit. C. It will also help you to absorb your Iron better. It isn't cheap but is a great option.

I've never tried that...I'll have to look into it!

Well, this time last week I was freaking out after seeing my positive hpt. Now, I'm getting more excited, scared, nervous...etc. I try not to freak out, but every twinge and pain in my stomach makes me scared that something will go wrong....pregnancy craziness! I've started having the crazy pregnancy dreams...I dreamed about spiders that turn into turtle like creatures...very weird! I also dreamed that I had a baby boy...maybe it's premonition:D He he! I do not care for the morning sickness at all. But, my precious Dr. called in some Zofran for me...that stuff is pregnancy drug magic! It makes all the nausea go away! I have noticed that I'm already gaining weight in my stomach...which is weird, seeing how I'm only almost 7 weeks...but, I've heard if you're having your second child, you can grow faster because of the lack of muscle or something like that from the previous birth. I went to the thrift store today and bought two pairs of pants and a maternity shirt for later on...I only paid $3 and some change! So exciting! I'm having to buy pants because mine are already too tight. I'm wearing my big sundress today because it's one of the only things that fit...but I'm sure I'll get used to that!

That is awsome. I love finding deals at consinement shops because with maternity it is barelly used. I have found some of my normal dresses still fit but that is because they are tunic style and they will carry me through the whole pregnancy and after just layering. My son want's to know when I'm gonna get big you know like pregnant women are sposto look. I told him I already was....

Ha ha! I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow and my tummy is already growing. I guess it's because my stomach is so small now. And, I'm not eating like a pig, either. Very interesting.

With both my first and second I began showing early. More early with my second one, at 12 weeks I looked like I was about 5 or 6 months along....and kept getting bigger! At about 6 weeks along is when my pants started to get tight...I used a hair band and looped it through the button hole than attached to the button so they would fit longer.

I'm working at a hospital now in the Case Management Dept. Different facilities bring us all kinds of goodies to show us their appreciation for referrals, etc. This lady brought homemade brownies today. I tried to abstain...but you can't put brownies in front of a pregnant lady and not expect her to try one! I have a feeling my acid reflux will not appreciate this! I was doing better today!

Not sure if anyone's reading, but maybe one day I can say something useful like so many people have on here!:D I'm almost 9 weeks along. My stomach is getting a little thicker, but not really noticeable to anyone but me. However, my "bubbies" are getting fuller! Finally! I'm getting "bubbies!" My hubby is quite happy about that, as well!:P My morning sickness is fading, which I hope is a good sign. I'm so afraid something will go wrong with my pregnancy. I try not to be paranoid and leave it in God's hands...but it's hard! However, thinking about different kinds of foods still makes me ill, so I guess the sickness isn't fully over. A friend of mine from college gave me three trash bags full of maternity clothes! Praise the Lord! I wouldn't of been able to afford all these clothes on my own! I will have to buy pants, but that's about it! I get to see the Dr. in September, so I can't wait! I want to hear my baby's heartbeat!

I'm reading, Kelly. I remember during my first pregnancy waking up one morning about 4 1/2 months along full of energy and no morning sickness. It was a fabulous day:) Hope things continue to get better and that you enjoyed the brownie!!

Just think of it this way. Sore ta ta's are a GREAT SIGN! And it is SO normal to be worried. Everyday is a blessing.

And what great news about the cloths! Now that is a Blessing!!!

Take it easy. The time will fly by! Your dong everything wonderful. You've got this.

Kelly,

We are reading so please keep sharing. I am so happy for you and can't wait to hear news of first heartbeats and first photos and first flutters. It must seem like it takes forever to grow a baby when you are in the midst of it but it is so exciting. What a miracle you are living...growing a new life! What joy! I wish you all the best and hope all continues positively.

Kelly- What is your specific due date? So far mine is 4/24. Probably won't change since I know exactly when I ovulated. I'm dying waiting for my 8 week u/s. I scheduled my CVS test today. I'll probably feel more confident when those results come back and say we have nothing to worry about. Please God!

I'm due March 30th. I think I may be a week further, because I traced it back, and the week I supposedly "conceived" was when my husband was away with our youth at Youth Camp...and I promise the baby is his since he is the one and ONLY man I've ever had relations with! Although he likes to joke about it...which makes me very upset...hormones! Ha ha! So, I think I may be a week further than they say because we did have relations sometime before and after he went to Camp:D TMI, I know...but, oh well! They did my OB panel and everything came back fine, but I'm not sure if they tested my levels then? They seem to think the baby is fine, but I'm so paranoid. I'm having my next check up on next Thursday. I hope I can hear the heartbeat!

I'm due March 30th. I think I may be a week further, because I traced it back, and the week I supposedly "conceived" was when my husband was away with our youth at Youth Camp...and I promise the baby is his since he is the one and ONLY man I've ever had relations with! Although he likes to joke about it...which makes me very upset...hormones! Ha ha! So, I think I may be a week further than they say because we did have relations sometime before and after he went to Camp:D TMI, I know...but, oh well! They did my OB panel and everything came back fine, but I'm not sure if they tested my levels then? They seem to think the baby is fine, but I'm so paranoid. I'm having my next check up on next Thursday. I hope I can hear the heartbeat!

Your probably right!! Actually early ultrasounds can be off plus or minus 1 week. And after 20 weeks it can be plus or minus 2 weeks.

Your conception date when you KNOW when it happened is as accurate as you can get!!! So remember that if they try to change your due date.