carebear

Question for you post-opers re vitamins

How hard is it to swallow a pill vitamin versus a chewable? I am not a big fan of chewables, so I would rather take a pill, but wondering if it's harder to swallow things because of the surgery? I don't take large drinks when I take a pill so that shouldn't be an issue...Anyways, any feedback would be great. Thanks:)

I tried chewable multi-vitamin & made me gag.

I take the 2 multi-vitamins & 2 calcium daily w/ the B12 shot monthly. Centrum has a newer smaller pill size that is easy to follow & from GNC I get the calcium with is a small capsule about size of a Tylenol pill so easy to swallow.

A number of different brands out there meet the criteria you need for vitamins so experiment a bit & you'll find what works for you. For me liquid or chewable was disgusting but for some is good. Find the brand(s) w/ the smallest pills & you'll be good to go...they are out there!

I don't use either... I switched to a liquid multi-vitamin with no fillers about 4 weeks post-op and haven't looked back :)