bakerswifey09

worried about my pre op

my pre op appointment is on july 22....i have 5 pounds to lose before then. i am freaking out so bad that i am scared to eat!! any advice? i mean its only 5 pounds, right??!! ugh...if im not at weight on that day they will not reschedule me...my surgery date is august 3...

C'mon girlie!!!! You can do this! Try something simple like only drinking water, and only eating before 6 pm. You don't want 5 silly pounds to hold you back! Your weight as held you back from so many things! You can do it!!!

As eyes said, drink only water and no food after 6pm. Before my last appointment (which is when I met with the surgeon and set up for my surgery!), I walked at a pretty brisk pace for a half an hour at least every other day.

Better food choices (which I'm sure you're doing already) also helped a lot. I started substituting a meal for a protein bar or shake daily as well, usually dinner, and I would have a light breakfast and a salad with chicken for lunch.

Now that my surgery is in a week and a half, I'm trying to get in the last taste of the foods I love, without gaining any weight back! That's when you'll really need to be careful!

Best wishes to you...I'm sure you'll do great! :)

~Danielle

C'mon girlie!!!! You can do this! Try something simple like only drinking water, and only eating before 6 pm. You don't want 5 silly pounds to hold you back! Your weight as held you back from so many things! You can do it!!!

How do you like Hemet? Ok, im down to 4 pounds!! I am getting a body wrap done the night before and tomorrow im going to get/start my B12 shots...hopefully they work!!

As eyes said, drink only water and no food after 6pm. Before my last appointment (which is when I met with the surgeon and set up for my surgery!), I walked at a pretty brisk pace for a half an hour at least every other day.

Better food choices (which I'm sure you're doing already) also helped a lot. I started substituting a meal for a protein bar or shake daily as well, usually dinner, and I would have a light breakfast and a salad with chicken for lunch.

Now that my surgery is in a week and a half, I'm trying to get in the last taste of the foods I love, without gaining any weight back! That's when you'll really need to be careful!

Best wishes to you...I'm sure you'll do great! :)

~Danielle

I totally wanna go and eat everything!!! I wont though...imma make this work...4 more pounds...

Okay, I am confused, as I am a GB patient but they will perform surgery on you for a 60 pound weight loss? Really????????

Okay, I am confused, as I am a GB patient but they will perform surgery on you for a 60 pound weight loss? Really????????

Why have I had so many ppl say this lately?? Yes, Really! I am having the sleeve done, it goes past the simple weight issue. I have a lot of medical issues as well. Everyone is different.

You can do this. You have to have your head in it the whole time and don't give into cravings. Besides only drinking water and eating sensibly, cut your carbs down to the bare minimum and only those that come from healthy foods. No pasta, rice, potatoes, or bread.

And you're hearing people ask about having the surgery at your weight because it is fairly uncommon for insurance or a surgeon to do it for less than 100 lbs.

Why have I had so many ppl say this lately?? Yes, Really! I am having the sleeve done, it goes past the simple weight issue. I have a lot of medical issues as well. Everyone is different.

Everyone is probably asking as weight loss surgery is supposed to be for the morbidly obese of over 100 pounds and a BMI of 30 or more-unless you have underlying medical conditions.

And frankly speaking, I would never, ever have done surgery for 50 pounds which I have left to lose. It really messes with your body and is not to be taken lightly, that is why I inquired.

I had loads to lose but for 50 pounds, I would never have taken the risks that I have taken.

I will add that for severe Diabetics, no matter what the weight, GB is a life saving solution in some cases.

But I had excellent pre-op health so for me it was about fat loss.

Everyone is probably asking as weight loss surgery is supposed to be for the morbidly obese of over 100 pounds and a BMI of 30 or more-unless you have underlying medical conditions.

And frankly speaking, I would never, ever have done surgery for 50 pounds which I have left to lose. It really messes with your body and is not to be taken lightly, that is why I inquired.

I had loads to lose but for 50 pounds, I would never have taken the risks that I have taken.

I will add that for severe Diabetics, no matter what the weight, GB is a life saving solution in some cases.

But I had excellent pre-op health so for me it was about fat loss.

I have a BMI of 35+ and I have several co morbs. That is why my surgeon agreed to do it. Im only 24 and im not getting any younger. I have a metabolic disorder (which im sure everyone considers that they have that lol), I can't remember what it is called but it is ridiculous. Basically I have no metabolism at all. So say I eat a piece of bread, my body will not process it correctly and the fat just sits there. Sounds crazy I know.

How do you like Hemet? Ok, im down to 4 pounds!! I am getting a body wrap done the night before and tomorrow im going to get/start my B12 shots...hopefully they work!!

I LOVE Hemet... most days! I like the small town atmosphere. It's a bit different then when we first moved here from San Diego, but it still seems like home to me! If it comes to crunch time you could always try a couple water pill and flush it out:eek: lol I don't even know you and I have faith in you! You can do it little choo-choo... repeat after me, "I think I can... I think I can...":D

I LOVE Hemet... most days! I like the small town atmosphere. It's a bit different then when we first moved here from San Diego, but it still seems like home to me! If it comes to crunch time you could always try a couple water pill and flush it out:eek: lol I don't even know you and I have faith in you! You can do it little choo-choo... repeat after me, "I think I can... I think I can...":D

We just came from NC but im from GA...cali is different but i love it! Im going to do a body wrap and some b12 shots and see where that gets me....thanks for the support!! i need it lol