ZMonson

Took the first step today

Tell Eminem I said what's up! Ahaha anyways, welcome to TT and umm... you will find a butt-load of information here. The beginning stages is hard but the end result will be totally worth it.

Oh and the puppy is smiling at me.. I want! <3

What up Z? How goes the battle. I thought about you today and thought I'd check and see how things are going for you. Hope you still aren't smoking and are able to stay resist the Dew!

Still walkin around in the middle of the night too with your adorable dog and not so adorable gun? lol

Ayyyy cutie pie....I was just getting on here to put up a quick update. So my first consult was August 4th, I weighed in....18lbs down in exactly 4wks. I was AMAZED lol to say the least. Doc was really great about things. He accepted me as a patient and I am on the fast road to running circles around people. The clinic has made all my necessary appts. such as psych, exercise consult and medical clearance. Doc still wants 50 more off of me. So my next surgeon date is Oct 29th. He said if all goes well in my scheduled appts between now n then and Ive hit my weight loss goal that he has no reason why NOT to schedule surgery within 30 days of that appt. I'm GEEKED lol.

Yes, I am still walking the midnight mile as I like to call it lol. With my psycho dog/towtruck haha. And yes ma'am I still carry the not so adorable gun. Never know when Eminem might try to jack me n my puppy lol. Great to hear from you and to everyone else HELLO again and I havent gone anywhere.

Ayyyy cutie pie....I was just getting on here to put up a quick update. So my first consult was August 4th, I weighed in....18lbs down in exactly 4wks. I was AMAZED lol to say the least. Doc was really great about things. He accepted me as a patient and I am on the fast road to running circles around people. The clinic has made all my necessary appts. such as psych, exercise consult and medical clearance. Doc still wants 50 more off of me. So my next surgeon date is Oct 29th. He said if all goes well in my scheduled appts between now n then and Ive hit my weight loss goal that he has no reason why NOT to schedule surgery within 30 days of that appt. I'm GEEKED lol.

Yes, I am still walking the midnight mile as I like to call it lol. With my psycho dog/towtruck haha. And yes ma'am I still carry the not so adorable gun. Never know when Eminem might try to jack me n my puppy lol. Great to hear from you and to everyone else HELLO again and I havent gone anywhere.

Sounds like you are on the right track and doing great. 18 lbs in 4 weeks is awesome! Keep it up!

Well that was fast! Congrats on 18 lbs down! Woooo! You are well on your way, your surgery will be here before you even know it. I cant WAIT to see your and hear about your journey. I look totally forward to your updates! Are you still not smoking? I hope that's going just as well for you as everything else is. Things are lookin very positive for you! How exciting! Congrats again and be careful on your midnight miles lol - Towtruck will protect you from a silly lil M&M lol :P

Thanks for the update! Keep them comin!

No smoking for this guy, no Mt Dew either...I figured it out to be around 10,000 calories a week I cut out by cutting out the pop. No red meat....just fish, chicken, small snacks and midnight miles have taken over my life. Good to hear from ya! I will most definitely keep everyone updated.

No red meat....just fish, chicken, small snacks and midnight miles have taken over my life.

Welcome to your new reality! Great job on cutting out smokes and the Dew. I smoked for over 20 years, a pack a day. I quit cold turkey almost 4 years ago now. I felt SO much better when I stopped. It was pretty amazing. Kudos to you my friend. :)

Quick update.....Attended my exercise consult today. Two weeks ago I seen the surgeon for the first time, 577...today? 562! Thank you very much! LOL Whatever Im doing, it sure is working. And it feels great!

Woooo!!!! Great job!!!!! That's awesome!! *fist pumps Jersey style* lol

congrats! You are such a positive story! this board is wonderful. i had surgery monday the 16th and i felt more prepared with this board than anything else! best of luck and i look forward to more from you!

laura:D

Hi, Zack!!! (Waving at you from the Flint area)

Welcome to the group! My surgery is scheduled on Oct. 18th in Flint. I'm scared, but excited because, like you, I want a different life than what my current body permits. Hang in there, start doing more healthy things like you're doing (cigs, pop, etc. gone). You CAN DO THIS!

Welcome Zach...I am a COTA....and I understand taking that first step..just a week post op myself. Good luck! Let keep each other posted since we both are the OT field.

Psych eval was on 9/2. What a joke lol. Three pages of yes/no questions. pre-req for the insurance company I guess. Medical clearance appt on the 15th. Actually looking fwd to getting on the scale again. Been busting my butt in the gym.

Edited by cinwa
language

HA HA yeah. Mine was a joke too. But the important thing is that its done now! And you are one step closer! How much have you lost so far since you made this decision? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Sept 15th is the next scale peek. Medical clearance....what is that all about? They've already ran so many damn tests I dont know what else they could do lol.

Med clearance today....13 more down....19 to go til target surgery weight. Oct 29th is next and LAST appt with surgeon. SO ready for this.

You are doing so good. Congrats on the smoking issue. I was there too. Smoked for a little while, got preggers and then gave it up. Havent touched them since almost 7 yrs ago.

Got my date! Seen the surgeon this afternoon, was impressed with my progress. December 2nd I go under the knife. Wish me luck.

HOLY MOLY! That went by so fast it seems! How exciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiting! What a great way to start your weekend. That's awesome news!

How much have you lost so far? How are you feeling?

68lbs since July 6th.....feelin' great! Good to hear from ya.

You need to update your info and slap up a new pic!

So I tried my first taste of Protein powder....yuck! EAS purple bag, mixed with 8oz of water. Any recommendations on how to make this stuff better?

Check out that new face! Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

The only protein powder drinks I can stand is the Oh Yeah! brand. The cookies and cream one will change your entire outlook on protein! Tastes amazing. I blend mine up with ice so its like a shake after I mix them. I also really like the Oh Yeah! Chocolate one too. I add sugar free syrup flavors to it and drink through a straw so I cant smell that protein smell at all.

So I tried my first taste of Protein powder....yuck! EAS purple bag, mixed with 8oz of water. Any recommendations on how to make this stuff better?

Just caught up on your journey and you're doing AMAZING!! My favorite thing to do with the protein poweder is to blend it with 2 tablespoons of greek plain (or vanilla) yogurt, fruit and a little splenda.

Congratulations on getting your date! It must feel like, "Finally!" huh? You did amazing losing all that weight on your own, you must be really proud of yourself.

I'm over protein drinks also, yuck. I do have the excpetion of Spiru-tein protein drink its very good. I use skim milk and use a hand blender and it thickens up really nice and tastes great, especially the Cherries Jubilee and Strawberry Banana flavors. I was able to find them at my local grocery store, they have a website also, they are a little more expensive than others, but it's worth it for a good taste for me.

i use the purple bag EAS pwdr protein, dont mix it with water!!! i made that mistake too, tastes terrible!!! lol! grab a blender add about a cup of fat free milk, throw in a scoop of pwder and add whatever fruit u like, i love adding a banana, or about 3 or 4 frozen strawberries, then i add about 6ice cubes, come out really good!

when im at work and dont have the blender with me, i get a cup with a lid and add milk, alittle bit of water and the pwder and shake it up. ive been replacing my breakfast with a protein shake for about a week now, dropped about 4lbs!

kudos on changing your life! :))