Kim Tx

Does anyone know of a gay and lesbian forum like this?

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a gastic bypass forum that is gay or lesbian? I love this forum but, I don't seem to be able to make any "friends".

I don't mean best friends or anything..lol just friends to post back and forth with occasionally.I log on daily.I did try to leave messages etc.but, I am thinking maybe my butchness for a better word to use keeps me a little .. out of the norm on here.I really do enjoy looking and learning. Just a question..No harm meant.Corrine was awesome in helping me early on. She got me on the right track with my vitamins and I really am grateful for that.She was better than my doc. or nut.;)

WOW you have lost alot and it not even a year! What is your secret? and i agree Corrine is awesome.

Kim! Consider me your newest friend. I'm sorry you haven't felt welcome or accepted- it's never a nice feeling. I'm a huge supporter of the LGBT community, and you'll never get any judgement from my end.

I'm inspired by your weight loss- I started out at 288 and am sitting pretty at 204 and WAITINGGGGGG anxiously to hit Onderland.

I hope you're doing well.

I have lost 140 ponds so far. I really have no secret.lol. I am actually trying not to loose anymore.I weigh 150 now and I am 5'9. I try to eat often but, I am really just not ever hungry. Although I still dream of a big grteasy jalopeno cheeseburger at times..lol

Maintaining! AH! I would love to have that problem. you are doing great! keep in touch! BTW--who's baby in your pic.

I have lost 140 ponds so far. I really have no secret.lol. I am actually trying not to loose anymore.I weigh 150 now and I am 5'9. I try to eat often but, I am really just not ever hungry. Although I still dream of a big grteasy jalopeno cheeseburger at times..lol

Hi Kim - wow I looked at your profile and you look amazing. I feel the same way you do. Trying to maintain but if I lost a few more pounds I wouldn't shed a tear and a big greasy jalapeno burger sounds damn good.

I know of gay forums and I know of weight loss forums, but I don't know of any gay weight loss forums.

there are a couple of us hanging around here, though!

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a gastic bypass forum that is gay or lesbian? I love this forum but, I don't seem to be able to make any "friends".

I don't mean best friends or anything..lol just friends to post back and forth with occasionally.I log on daily.I did try to leave messages etc.but, I am thinking maybe my butchness for a better word to use keeps me a little .. out of the norm on here.I really do enjoy looking and learning. Just a question..No harm meant.Corrine was awesome in helping me early on. She got me on the right track with my vitamins and I really am grateful for that.She was better than my doc. or nut.;)

I'm fairly new here too....I don't come here as often as I'd like....but I would never pass judgment on anyone!! I do know how you feel though.....when I first joined there were very few who "reached out." However, now that I'm a member (with very little reading/visiting time)....I don't necessarily reach out either.

I think you've lost an amazing amount of weight, good for you!! Who's that precious baby? So cute!

Welcome :)

Kim, it's easy to get lost in the shuffle around here. I'm sorry if you haven't felt like part of the group, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease usually. You just need to squeak louder!:P I'm with everyone else. You've done an amazing job!:)

Im still pretty new here too. Unless someone writes a post in the Introduce yourself section I cant tell who is new, not new or just hasnt posted in awhile. You just have to watch for the ones that attack out of no where when you post on a thread!

welcome Kim!!

Im not gay , lesbian, butch or anything BUT I willr friend... there are soooo many people on here and some just pop on from time to time- (and Im not on all the time) so its easy to be missed - sooooo WELCOME to TT!! and you have done an outstanding job!!! Sexual orientation does not need to run from here!!! we are all in the same boat..sorta lol

Oh I'll share that burger with you! :P Well when you can eat it. I'm almost 6 years out so eating that isn't all that horrible. I wouldn't recommend anyone early out do it. Anyway welcome to TT stick around there are lots of great people with good advice to give.

Cute baby by the way!

We have a few gay members Kim and we definately have a few "out of the norm" members too! :P

But I think that as far as making friends is concerned, it just a case of putting yourself out there and posting a little more.

You know I'm here if you need me and you can always count on me being your friend. Just know, I draw the line at kissing and holding hands OK? :D

I know of gay forums and I know of weight loss forums, but I don't know of any gay weight loss forums.

there are a couple of us hanging around here, though!

Well shoot Alan - I guess I'll have to strike you off my list now ..... I'm gutted! smiley-sad030.gif

Hey Kim. I am a newbie. Only five weeks post op so i'm usually just reading on here. Would be nice to make some good friends on here to chat with. There are so many people on here I would only hope we ALL make you feel welcome. And everyone seems wonderful about answering questions. I love the support. Sorry to hear noone has created a ga/lesbian site like this one. Maybe we could get together with a cheeseburger and brainstorm. lol

Just came in from taking the kiddo's swimming and logged on. I just wanted to say how wonderful yall have been since my post.I really am glad to be a part of such a wonderful group of people.Thanks...I will try to post more and share more and answer on more threads.. Thanks again.:D

Kim,

I can see a munchkin in your avatar - do you have a bigger picture - she looks a cutie.

Hey Kim!

Your "butchness" is not a factor here.

There are a few gay people here butI think it is a "fat first" forum-so all our idiosynchrasies are secondary, LOL.

Your weight loss is amazing-you probably have more to teach than to learn here.

Welcome friend!!!

BTW-I am a huge fag hag-lesbies included! Probably from a lifetime of being fat in a very skinny world made me fit in so well with other people on the fringe.

Kim,

I will second your original concerns. I had a tough time at first too, but I have posted more and inquired more and it has gotten better.. Im sorry I havent seen you here before, and gay or strait, Im friends with pretty much anyone. Id be happy to exchange cell phone numbers and become text buddies as well. Your weight loss makes me so excited to see where I am that far out from surgery. Your an inspiration girl, stick around a while and show more newbies how its done!

Im only a whopping 12 days out but I would be happy to be friends with anyone here who is new, old or in-between, which includes, gay, lesbian, strait, etc!!

I'm sorry you haven't felt like we've been there for you.. Audrey is totally correct though..that squeeky wheel totally gets the attention, lol.

I think for the most part there is a good number of us that are supportive of gays & lesbians! Hubby and I worked really hard with the VT freedom to marry and we were both so proud and happy that the marriage act passed by the legislature here... to us that was just the most awesome thing..

Anyway.. I hope you can find the support you're looking for here.. Though sexuality is not the main focus of the forum, as in almost everything in our lives.. our weight can cause issues in regards to our sexuality and so does get some 'ink' here so to speak.

As someone that is bi, I feel perfectly comfortable here. I'm not sure that many people here know I'm bi, though. Well, I guess they will now. It just doesn't come up in conversation that much. But I'm not uncomfortable sharing it and I know there are at least a few others that are gay, lesbian or bi here as well.

As far as making friends here, I think you just have to jump in. I think that's similar to most other forums I've ever been on, though. Respond to other people's posts, start your own threads, and just be active. The more people get to know you, the more you'll start to connect with people.

Kelly

Welcome to TT Kim! As you can see from all of the WONDERFUL posts, you are welcome here! I too am sorry about your initial experience here, but please stick around and be part of this family. I don't discriminate against people - I love everyone! I'll gladly be your friend! By the way, congrats on your weightloss!!!

Welcome!

There are 12,000 members on here....it may have nothing to do with your preferences. We do get some sex talk on here...that could have some interesting commentary depending on how you see things.

We are a varied bunch of people...I've had a share of people who didn't like something about how I live my life. Oh well, take it with a grain of salt.

I've seen too much suffering in life and have no desire to judge anyone on what their lifestyles are. If you're happy, have found happiness, and keep your chin up in spite of let downs...that's all the confirmation I need from others.

Oh I'll share that burger with you! :P Well when you can eat it. I'm almost 6 years out so eating that isn't all that horrible. I wouldn't recommend anyone early out do it. Anyway welcome to TT stick around there are lots of great people with good advice to give.

Cute baby by the way!

I'll help too! One burger might satisfy the three of us!

Kim;

As the "comic" of this wonderful group, there is SOOOO much I could say, but won't, mainly because you don't know me, BUT, I will say we love you just the way you are.

Everyone is right, you have to take what people say with a grain of salt, and get yourself out there, squeak and all!

I can't see how anyone here can be judgmental, after all, we were/are all "fat" here, and had more than our share of misguided, ignorant judgment.